MiG-29 Skins

Jack

• 2 years later...

beautiful skins's Jack as always. thanks.

(Jack when are you gonna share your wounderful mig29 3d template for them with us? ;-)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• 2 weeks later...

can i have a request too

HAF

HELLENIC AIR FORCE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Looking great, Jack. This thread has inspired me to do some '29 skinning (though I won't be replacing the UH-1 as my #1 baby).

Do you happen to know the mat names for the MiG-29S?

I know the G is the same as Lock On (texture MIG-29G-PAINT-L1.BMP and texture MIG-29G-PAINT-R1.BMP), but for the S only the fuselage (texture MIG-29C-PAINT-DEF-R1.BMP) works; texture MIG-29C-PAINT-DEF-L1.BMP does not.

Also, do you happen to know the pilot/helmet/pylon and numbering mat names for the G and S?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

Sorry but I did not deal with the other two...

The 29A and 29S shares the similar teytures. For example pilot,pilon,tail numbers and side numbers.

I not tested it,but i hope it works. /Does not matter; big or small font in the LUA/

Example for MiG-29S:

livery = {
{"texture mig-29c-paint-def-l1.bmp f2 g0",0,"mig-29c-paint-rus-l1.dds",false};
{"texture MIG-29C-PAINT-DEF-R1 f2 g0",0,"mig-29c-paint-rus-r1.dds",false};
{"texture mig-29c-paint-def-l1.bmp f0 g0",0,"mig-29c-paint-rus-l1.dds",false};
{"texture MIG-29C-PAINT-DEF-R1 f2050 g0",0,"mig-29c-paint-rus-r1.dds",false};
{"texture ru-pilons.bmp f2 g0",0,"mig-29-pilons_rus.dds",false};
{"texture rus-pilot-2.bmp f2 g0",0,"mig-29-pilot_rus.dds",false};
{"texture rus-helmet.bmp f2 g0",0,"mig-29-helmet_rus.dds",false};
{"texture rus-code-numbers-ver1-r-w-w.tga f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
{"texture rus-code-numbers-ver1-W.TGA f0 g0",0,"empty",true};
{"texture rus-code-numbers-ver1-W.TGA f2 g0",0,"empty",true};
}
name = "TEST"
countries = {"RUS","UKR","INS"}

The 29G uses some different textures.

Such as: KREST-GERM.TGA & nomera-black.tga by the way don't forget the different pilot model.

Have fun!

Edited by Jack

The 29A and 29S shares the similar teytures. For example pilot,pilon,tail numbers and side numbers.

I not tested it,but i hope it works. /Does not matter; big or small font in the LUA/

Thanks, Jack, and apologies for the late reply. Real life got in the way of skinning this week. ;)

Those entries worked well, though it should be noted that for the left/right textures, case does matter. I originally had the lines as you show, but all uppercase, and i was only getting the fuselage to display. dropping l1 to lowercase fixed it.

Still no luck with the texture rus-code-numbers-ver1-r-w-w.tga texture, but the other v-stab numbers worked just fine.

The 29G uses some different textures.

Such as: KREST-GERM.TGA & nomera-black.tga by the way don't forget the different pilot model.

Thanks. I'll try some combinations for the Krest and nomera-black, but I don't know the mat name for the pilot. I'll see what I can figure out.

Thanks again for the help.

Jack,

Thanks again for the help. I finally figured out that I could get the mat names using a hex editor with the EDM files. Sometimes the solutions are right in front of you. C and G are good to go now.

Just FYI, the ru-pilons mat name is case sensitive. it should be

{"texture RU-PILONS.BMP f2 g0",0,"ru-pilons",true};

This is true for the A, C and G versions.

• 1 month later...

It seems like here would be a decent place to ask, given the subject matter:

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is?

http://i.imgur.com/dd1xV2g.jpg

The logo appears on every Ukrainian MiG-29S, on the left vertical stab, all the time. As noted by the screenshot, not even the old skins like the Falcons have provisions for removing it when necessary.

I can't seem to nail down just where this logo comes from, or if it even shows up in the livery description. There was a file in WorldTexturesTGA.zip called ukr-logo.tga.dds which looks the part, but placing it in the livery and trying to null it out did nothing.

Ideas?

It seems like here would be a decent place to ask, given the subject matter:

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is?

http://i.imgur.com/dd1xV2g.jpg

The logo appears on every Ukrainian MiG-29S, on the left vertical stab, all the time. As noted by the screenshot, not even the old skins like the Falcons have provisions for removing it when necessary.

I can't seem to nail down just where this logo comes from, or if it even shows up in the livery description. There was a file in WorldTexturesTGA.zip called ukr-logo.tga.dds which looks the part, but placing it in the livery and trying to null it out did nothing.

Ideas?

I did loads of skinning back in LOMAC..had the same Problem..anyway..the Files have changed...but try to null out the File in the WorldTexturesTGA.zip..but this will remove the logo from all Mig29s

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..