Wife of DCS player needs help

Chief1942

My husband has been an active member and supporter of DCS world for many years.

He has now got a terminal brain tumor and is unable to operate his aircraft ...equipment.

He has all the "stuff" …. trax seat, controls, pedals etc. In fact some things he has multiple generations because he liked to stay up with the latest and greatest.

I must get rid of this and I have no idea where to begin.

He truly loved this hobby and he would want all his "stuff" to be used not thrown away.

I would like to get a little something for it but it is most important that it goes to someone who will enjoy the hobby. Any advice for the easiest solution would be appreciated. Oh I should add we are located in central Arizona.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Very sorry to hear about your husband's illness, I'm sure you will find help here on the forum, good luck and best wishes.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

My husband has been an active member and supporter of DCS world for many years.

He has now got a terminal brain tumor and is unable to operate his aircraft ...equipment.

I’m so sad to read your kind words, I remember reading about your husband illness last year and I silently hoped he would be able to overcome it, but brain cancer is a terrible enemy.

I find so moving when a wife understands her husband’s love for the hobby .. I’m not sure if my wife would have the same understanding, guess I will have to share this with her, so that she will know what to do when my own time arrives.

I’m too far to be able to help you with your husbands equipment, but I’m sure that others members of this dcs community, that live on a better location, will stand up and help you.

Please receive a big virtual hug and my admiration for you and your firefighter husband.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband.

I live in Gilbert and would be happy to help you with his equipment. Please PM me and we can work out how I can help.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

First and foremost- you, your husband, and your family will be in the prayers of mine at this time.

I understand the desire to recover some of the cost in the hardware, especially now with costs involved in treatment, and those to come.

That said, as a way to disperse with the lot as a whole, I would actually suggest contacting one of the many air museums in the region. Simulator setups are becoming a bit of a thing in such venues, and it would be a way for many people to enjoy the hardware, and a way for his memory to be used to educate others on why he enjoyed it so. Having such a turnkey donation would be a boon for many such institutions. Further, the taxable writedown implications of such a donation are far greater than immediate cash in hand, which may be of use for estate planning.

A bit different of an idea than I'm sure you were expecting, but one that may be more fitting.

That is a wonderful idea lunatic. Mrs. Chief, If you decide to go that route I would recommend contacting the Commemorative Air Force out at Williams Field here in AZ, They may be interested in the idea. Feel free to PM me as well if you need extra help. I may be able to find a few people interested in the equipment and willing to help you recoup some of the cost.

Sorry to hear of your husband's condition, a fellow coworker of mine suffered from a brain tumor as well and I understand a little of what you're going through. My thoughts are with you, your husband, and family.

Edited by Repth

So sorry to hear about your husband's health problems. I certainly remember him as a very passionate member of this community while he was active here on the forum.

Judging by the signature, the equipment is pretty top notch. Giving it to a museum sounds like a great idea.

We also often have people on the forum who just can't afford all that stuff (TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR, that's easily worth 1000$ new, and the computer doesn't sound too shabby either). That setup could certainly make a flight simmer very, very happy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll find someone who can really appreciate this equipment.

But most of all I wish you and your husband all the best, and I wish you a lot of strength in the difficult times ahead.

That is a wonderful idea lunatic. Mrs. Chief, If you decide to go that route I would recommend contacting the Commemorative Air Force out at Williams Field here in AZ, They may be interested in the idea. Feel free to PM me as well if you need extra help. I may be able to find a few people interested in the equipment and willing to help you recoup some of the cost.

Sorry to hear of your husband's condition, a fellow coworker of mine suffered from a brain tumor as well and I understand a little of what you're going through. My thoughts are with you, your husband, and family.

Oh my, I'm sorry to hear this about Chief. Mrs Chief, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm out by Williams-Gateway as well, but as Repth noted, he has some contacts. I'll help however possible.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear this...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I sent you a private message to offer more specific help and my info.

I would be happy to offer my assistance in any way I can for you guys.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Thank you... I will look into that

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Thank you... I have no idea how to PM you.

Thank you I will be in touch although I do not know how to PM you

I have no idea how to PM you.

PM = Private Message

When you click on the name of a forum member next to a post of theirs, a pop-up should show that includes "Send a private message to ...". The rest is just like posting a public reply.

So sorry to hear that...

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

sad to hear a dedicated flight sim fan have health problems and can no longer enjoy his hobby.

Regarding your question then i like to suggest that you make a small youtube video about the equipment your housband have, or maybe some photos and then share it with us.

( i could see in the bottom of your text there was some info about hardware, but not sure if that is everything or if he maybe have other things that you might want to sell as well ).

Then we can try to identify it and tell you the names of the various products and maybe even give you some advice about sales price.

( maybe someone might even be interested in buying something ).

sincerely peder.

tip..: on facebook in the right side of the screen there are something named "marketplace" it could be a good place to try to sell things for the less cheap things.. regarding the more expensive things, then you might have to think about ebay to sell gobally since some things might be so expensive only very few people buy such things. But lets see your photos/videos and maybe we can help :-)

So sorry to read about Chief1942, what a hateful disease is cancer, my best wishes are with you both.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Very sorry to hear about your husband, my thoughts and prayers will be with the both of you... :(

Donating to a museum sounds like a beautiful option, I hadn't thought of that myself.

If you decide to sell everything though, I would suggest the following:

- Make a good and complete list of everything including: product name, manufacturer name, date of purchase, price of purchase etc. It may be

- Take good photo's, ask for help if necessary.

- Research or ask around for the present value of all items.

Although I understand it will not be on the top of favourite things to do right now (to say the least), but it would be helpful if your husband could help you with the above as much as possible, as some things can be complicated to figure out, especially with older equipment.

If you want to, you may also look into the possibilities and limitations of selling stuff abroad.

Best wishes from the Netherlands.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

God Bless you, The Chief and your Family...

We hold you all in our thoughts and prayers...

This is a compassionate community where we value our own.

<S>

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10