Outstanding Module!!!

Anatoli-Kagari9

This I-16 Type 24 relighted my interest in DCS World.

I never tried OctopusG's add-ons for other platforms ( believe FSX and P3D only ? ), and my experience with non-ED / Belsimtek modules for DCS was very dissatisfying, with the exception of the Mig-21, but I gave up on modern air combat jets for good... so I was very reluctant to buy the I-16.

Watched all of the available videos during teh two days after release, and eventually decided to give it a try.

Wow! It's REMARKABLE!

What a Great module!

Bring back more !!!!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

… and my experience with non-ED / Belsimtek modules for DCS was very dissatisfying …
Have you tried latest updates? All the modules, third parties included, had many updates and in recent times it can't be said third parties didn't live up to the initial expectations, even though we had to wait a long time.

With regards to I-16 I agree, little unexpected surprise that make me less reluctant to third parties prop modules which I wasn't sure that could match ED prop modules and FMs. OctopusG did a terrific job with the I-16.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Have you tried latest updates? All the modules, third parties included, had many updates and in recent times it can't be said third parties didn't live up to the initial expectations, even though we had to wait a long time.

With regards to I-16 I agree, little unexpected surprise that make me less reluctant to third parties prop modules which I wasn't sure that could match ED prop modules and FMs. OctopusG did a terrific job with the I-16.

S!

Do you know how many bugs and missing systems the latest jets have? Ignorance is bliss:music_whistling:

Do you know how many bugs and missing systems the latest jets have? Ignorance is bliss:music_whistling:
Yeah, I know. Still they are way better than before :lol:. But this isn't perhaps the subforum to comment those, right? :thumbup:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Welcome back mate! I am loving this new module too and will be looking to find like minded chaps to make up a Red Five aerobatic group, an emulation of the thirties Soviet Airforce's KRASNAYA PYATERKA.

Anyone interested? I use VR exclusively now, not very good for combat as spotting is an issue but for formation/aerobatic work it's the dog's rollocks...

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Euan, thanks !

I would really like to join you, but I'm far from VR. I actually started using TIR for the first time around 2014, and it made using this kind of simulation a lot easier and interesting.

Unfortunately about a year ago that TIR broke for good. But recently I bought EDtracker, which makes a new entry into "3d-awareness" again :-) but that's as far as I can go for now :-)

I remember reading your threads years ago, in other sims too if I am not mistaken. My timezone is GMT but because I work both day and night shifts and have a good number of days off too, 5 shifts on and 5 shifts off, I can work around other people's schedules.

I am currently awaiting the build and dispatch of my new system, as in the signature. Once I get that up and running within the next few weeks then I will be seriously into building up a group. VR/non-VR with experience or without it doesn't matter as a crew learns together.

Currently I run a Discord server, called 'Come Fly with Me' as in Frank Sinatra's hit. I will be moving to my own TS server with the new build. I will include the permanent link to the Discord server here and you should feel most welcome to drop by and say hi.

Would be great to meet up and fly anything, I love all the warbird types. I run a nice Spit/Mustang training mission too if that is to your taste. Over the next couple of days I am at home and flying a lot.

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

They didn't save in details... graphical but also functional.

- The way you see the gear retraction stop as soon as you start flying too fast, and the pilot wouldn't have enough strength to turn the gear crank;

- The flaps not deploying above some speeds for the same reason;

- The effects of the canted tail fin ( vertical )

and this is just a small list :-)

Yes, the force is strong with this one. Such a simple little tractor but what a super fine simulation and it's still only Early Access. Well happy:thumbup:

- The way you see the gear retraction stop as soon as you start flying too fast, and the pilot wouldn't have enough strength to turn the gear crank
And how you lose your gear covers flying too fast with the gear down. It's a nice detail.

S!

Struggling with take offs - zero on the takeoff assist. I finally got airborne, though I may have stripped the gear mech. I noticed they got about 75% raised, then just stopped. I looked down and saw the cables had alot of slack and were swaying with my ham fisted flying. Really cool effects with the ancient relic. I was always fascinated with this little farm buggy.

• 1 month later...

Now I'll ask what everybody is thinking, is that Ju-87 the planned one which hasn't been heard of now since a lot of time? Just a mod? It seems to have too good quality for a quick mod (like Ju-88 clearly is).

S!

I find it a bit misleading when ED is publishing trailers with elements that are not on the Sim :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...
Tupolev_TB-3.jpg These modules are perfect for those who love simulation, the trolley with a manual system, the cumbersome start-up, the oxygen to be regulated manually. I really like this module, it would be nice to be able to fly as a "parasite", as a support plane of the TB 3 bomber, maybe Octopus has already thought about it.
Edited by oreste

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Running lowest possible resolution, yet the graphics looks very nice. Looking at the details of the inside (like seat fastenings), I'm reminded of the Bergfalke tube and cloth glider. Enjoying that all the operable mechanics.

First takeoff and landing fine, little paint scratch from taxiing maybe. Knowing the Spitfire helped.

First impression, this is a quality module.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

I picked up this little gem, (burned up some of my remaining points in the process). What a hoot to fly! Definitely seat of the pants. Having a blast with the "burro".

Now, just to figure out some missions. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 6 months later...

I'm new to DCS and this forum, but I wanted to share how much I love the I-16 module. The I-16 has always been my favorite bird - almost my exclusive mount in the old IL2 days. So, when I came across DCS a month ago and saw they have an I-16, that was it - it was the first module I got and flew (before even the free TF-51D). It took me a little while to get used to the takeoffs and especially the landings, but in a dogfight, she is wonderful. Lack of vertical performance notwithstanding, I'm happier in the I-16 than any other WW2 module, including the Spit and the Bf109K. Here's a short video of a mission I cooked up - me and three other I-16s (both AI set to high) vs. four AI-controlled Bf109Ks (AI set to one excellent, one high, one good, and one average). I fly in VR, and the feeling of actually being there in the cockpit never gets old. Thank you Octopus-G and DCS for the wonderful module and sim!!

This I-16 Type 24 relighted my interest in DCS World.

I never tried OctopusG's add-ons for other platforms ( believe FSX and P3D only ? ), and my experience with non-ED / Belsimtek modules for DCS was very dissatisfying, with the exception of the Mig-21, but I gave up on modern air combat jets for good... so I was very reluctant to buy the I-16.

Watched all of the available videos during teh two days after release, and eventually decided to give it a try.

Wow! It's REMARKABLE!

What a Great module!

Bring back more !!!!

I agree, it truly is a great one. I swear i can even see the skin of the wings vibrate when engine is running:)

Edited by Thor_H

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

I agree, it truly is a great one. I swear i can even see the skin of the wings vibrate when engine is running:)

Hahaha, I had to go fly and see if the skin on the wings actually vibrates: Not on mine, but the shadows make it look like it does, so I know what you mean. :)

Any chance we'll see an equally good La-5, La-7, or Yak-3 module any time soon?? Fingers crossed...