F-16 Release

MikePotten

Well when you come out with that announcement of pre-order, what would you expect. Usually it means you 60-70 days out.

PPHHHFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTT! 60 to 70 days LOL Autumn is more like 120+ for early Access

And December 22nd is the last day of autumn, and the Wednesday leading up to that is December 18th. So count on that and ho ho ho :santa:

They said BEGINNING not the end but you're probably correct :)

Oh boy! I've been waiting for the F-16 to come to DCS. I feel in love with it in Falcon4/BMS.

I guess i'll keep playing with the Hornet until the Viper shows up.

Same here, since Falcon 3.0 actually! Oh, and Iron Eagle helped too.

I have the Hornet and Tomcat...too little time and too many planes. The mighty Fighting Falcon is the greatest of them all, and will be my primary module for sure.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Not sure I'm going to purchase early access for the viper. I want it, but I look at the Hornet's slow progress and don't really need another unfinished product; so I'll have to give it some thought.

Great to see it being developed though. Looking forward to the new carrier as well. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I will purchase early for sure... early access far far far out ways the price! I sure would love to see some exterior shots!

I would think with the pre-order next week we will get some great screens and video as well!

Edited by rjetster1

I will purchase for sure... early access far out ways the price! I sure would love to see some exterior shots!

Haha...who am I kidding. I'm sure I'll purchase it :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Monday September 23rd is the first day of autumn in the northern hemisphere. Anyone remember that cat's count down to spring?

Yeah, we need another big meme, thread, but I'm afraid there aren't many good F16 ones as opposed to TG...

FlashySardonicArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Excellent news. This will be the aircraft which DCS will probably earn the most money with, esp. if they do it properly.

Hopefully the autumn 2019 early access release date will be met.

In the meantime please fix the few FM issues with the F/A-18 :thumbup:

ı will buy it from steam as soon as it is available

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

no early access buy for me... as long as the F-18 is in an unfinished state.

I don't wanna have spent hundreds of bucks on unfinished products that take years to complete.

And if the global politics continue to go like they do at the moment, we're gonna have WW3 even before the F-18 is finished.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I only pre-order if EA is clear. For the Hornet the message was out, end of Sping. For the Viper the current EA message is none ������

The message is:

The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.

And for the Hornet it was:

Pre-purchase now for $59.99 and save $20 from the Early Access release price of $79.99. We plan Early Access DCS: F/A-18C Hornet to be available for download by the end of Spring 2018.

Difference not being release period, but a price.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The F-16. I really didn't expect that to happen. Well, it hasn't yet, but it does seem as though it might.

I haven't bought a high fidelity ED jet since the A-10 came out. And that has been quite a while Not because they aren't good, but because I just don't want to invest in the time that they require. I love my F-86 and F-15. They are easy to get into and remember. I fly them all the time. But I actually don't remember the last time I was in the Warthog. I've even had my finger hovering over the Harrier buy button. But then I think about having to learn it, and I say, "Ah, forget it!" I've become a lazy flight simmer.

But I just don't see how I can resist this model. The F-16 has been my favorite "modern" jet fighter since the first time I saw one. I'll have to buy this and "hit the books" I guess!

It's going to be a big success for them, I think.

no early access buy for me... as long as the F-18 is in an unfinished state.

I don't wanna have spent hundreds of bucks on unfinished products that take years to complete.

And if the global politics continue to go like they do at the moment, we're gonna have WW3 even before the F-18 is finished.

In full agreement! People are always unsatisfactory. If you get the first thing you like, you will want more! New functions are often urged and asked on F/A18C. So wait for the product to be finished, or at least have enough functionality to meet your needs, and then buy it! Reasonable purchase is a good choice, some developers found this point, so F14 release, the basic functions completed. The JF17 will be released in the future, and CM802akg missiles and laser aiming pods will be available immediately. Both can be purchased in the first place without waiting for a long time to complete.

I'll be pre-ordering the F-16 at the first opportunity on May 22nd, and will patiently await it's release when ED is ready to release it, and will be damn glad to have it, knowing it will be well done.

After the lesson I took from the Hornet, it's going to be a long time before I probably buy the F-16. This is more true now after the recent changes by ED to model a slightly less capable version of the F-16C.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3