Dedicated Server showing up in ED's server list but not in-game

Hello everyone! I'm attempting to host a dedicated server on a VM on a server. I confirmed the ports are forwarded and I'm able to access the GUI and start the server; however, I do not see it in the server list and when I try to join by public IP (both my desktop and my server are at the same public IP) it states "Address Unavailable". I've seen some information about the server not working on virtualized hardware but wanted to post here and check if anyone has experience with such a thing?

Thank you!

:pilotfly:

Hello everyone! I'm attempting to host a dedicated server on a VM on a server. I confirmed the ports are forwarded and I'm able to access the GUI and start the server; however, I do not see it in the server list and when I try to join by public IP (both my desktop and my server are at the same public IP) it states "Address Unavailable". I've seen some information about the server not working on virtualized hardware but wanted to post here and check if anyone has experience with such a thing?

Thank you!

:pilotfly:

You can't join your server using internet connection if your client is in the same local network, or at least with a really strict of modem/router model. You need to connect to your server with local IP address.

Another tip, you can also join your server seeing in the server list if you enable IPv6 on both client/server.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 month later...
Another tip, you can also join your server seeing in the server list if you enable IPv6 on both client/server.

What do you mean with that? How can I enable that ingame? Or do you mean that I have to change that in my router?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]