More Iranian units + statics please

Ironwulf

Not sure if this goes in the map wishlist or the DCS World wishlist, but I put it here on a guess.

I cannot believe there's no Iranian Shilkas (they have 100+)… almost no naval craft. Please make sure they are included with SA-5 units.

You cannot even get an Iranian fuel truck!!!!!

As for statics... nuclear reactors seem an obvious omission

Can you please rectify this?

PS: Some UAE F-16 skins would be nice too, please!

• 2 weeks later...
Tankers that can be given routes and that actually sail would be really nice...

Yeah this one is a big one, I'd wish that when civ traffic in turned off all the ships and stuff disappear instead of them all dotted around not doing anything. And when on actually assigned routes or something. Like a certain 3-letter sim starting with F did (though that one you could also make your own routes with some tinkering) not only that but it had civ traffic controls for air, sea and land so you could control them independently.

And yes Iran definitely needs more units, particularly in the naval arena, I mean the SoH map is really wasted without them.

Things like the Alvand class FFG and Cat-14 FAC to name a few

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I assume you mean missing skins, because the F-4 and SU-24 are definitely available. There are some downloadable skins from the DCS website that users have done that are great.

They also have CH-47, Mi-8 and AH-1J(W) skins there too - but I agree these should be available to all!

They also have tanker aircraft but only the KC-130 is available for Iranian forces in mission editor. Admittedly there are no Boeing 707 types in this role at all, in DCS, but surely an Il-76 wouldn't be too much of a stretch since they have them also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Not sure if this goes in the map wishlist or the DCS World wishlist, but I put it here on a guess.

I cannot believe there's no Iranian Shilkas (they have 100+)… almost no naval craft. Please make sure they are included with SA-5 units.

You cannot even get an Iranian fuel truck!!!!!

As for statics... nuclear reactors seem an obvious omission

Can you please rectify this?

PS: Some UAE F-16 skins would be nice too, please!

Bruh we need some Iranian exotics for AIs too, like the worlds only operational 747 tanker, and KC-707s too! We could also do with some HESA Shaqeh units

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

There is a huge amount of stuff for the Persian Gulf that needs to be added and which can be added fairly easily. We need Iranian stock skins for the SU-24, IL-76 and Huey. We also need RSAF and UAE skins for F-15s and F-16s. I believe some members of the community already made some great IRIAF skins which ED could add. Also would be nice to get the prior mentioned ships and some more ground units like the Chieftain. The US Bradleys and Abrams could also do with some desert camo.

That would all help with the immersion factor. Same with comms. Would love to hear some Farsi or accented English over the radio. Would be a welcome change to the standard English "Chevy 1, request taxi to runway". I fondly remember the Saudi AWACS calls and allied F-5 flights back in Jane's F-15 that spoke over the radio with an immersive accent.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed on all of your points Nealius.

With regard to ATC , I believe Wags has said that with the new ATC, which is coming after carrier comms, they are looking at more country-specific ATC voice work.

It’d be great if they leveraged their own world wide community and used volunteer contributors from this forum as voice actors, both for ATC and pilot voices. I remember in Falcon 4 you could not only select your own pilot voice but there were a variety of ATC and AI pilot voices, both male and female.

• 5 months later...

SR-71-Boeing-747.jpg

oh, yes...the 747 tanker...the very last one of them still in the iriaf

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-worlds-only-kc-747-tanker-is-flown-by-the-iranian-a-1581314071

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE