PC Issues: URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi all,

Have got back into DCS recently after a break for a little while, and upon updating to 2.5, no matter what I do and how long I wait for, no flights will load, it will get to the home page after launching no problems at all and be able to navigate all menus, but when I load a flight, it will just keep in the loading page forever.

I was wondering if it may be to do with my PC, but from previous versions, I could run DCS on reasonably high settings no problem, but now on the lowest of the low, it will not run.

My current specs are:

i5-4690k at 4.8GHz

GTX 760 2GB

8GB Ram

Although these won't give me the best performance, I was hoping that it would at least be able to load in a flight, any help with what the issue may be would be massively appreciated!

Other than the cpu , that is a massively underpowered system for 2.5 . However , you might try adjusting your pagefile settings to get it to load . Use the "windows managed " or "16gb" settings , and be sure you have plenty of free space available on your HD for the pagefile .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Chris, I am a tad better off than you spec wise, but run DCS just fine with decent quality settings, some on the highest possible. Running a 780 Ti, and the game looks great, but I have 32 GB of RAM, I am wondering if that is your core issue, 8GB might be your bottleneck?

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

For the A-10C, your specs meet the Minimum System Requirements (except for your CPU, which is pretty good actually and well above the recommended requirements). I guess in order to run DCS, you would need a system that's about as clean as it gets, especially in terms of how much memory is available to DCS.

A quick solution might be to try and kill all programs and processes that you don't need via the Windows Task Manager and see if DCS runs better. If you accidentally kill Windows, just reboot. ;)

And if it works, that might be a good starting point to clean up Auto Start and/or deactivate services you don't need in order to run DCS without manually stopping processes every time.

But if you can, go for 16 GB of RAM (or even 32, if that option is available to you). Also, a video card with just 2 GB of RAM is definitely lower end for DCS. If there's any chance to grab a 4 GB card like the Nvidia 9xx series, that should really help. Of course a 1070 ti or better wouldn't hurt, but that really depends on your screen; the higher the resolution, the more powerful the GFX card needs to be, especially for VR.

Hi all,

Have got back into DCS recently after a break for a little while, and upon updating to 2.5, no matter what I do and how long I wait for, no flights will load, it will get to the home page after launching no problems at all and be able to navigate all menus, but when I load a flight, it will just keep in the loading page forever.

I was wondering if it may be to do with my PC, but from previous versions, I could run DCS on reasonably high settings no problem, but now on the lowest of the low, it will not run.

My current specs are:

i5-4690k at 4.8GHz

GTX 760 2GB

8GB Ram

Although these won't give me the best performance, I was hoping that it would at least be able to load in a flight, any help with what the issue may be would be massively appreciated!

Are you using a traditional HD? It *may* be creating the shaders which can take a while. I'm not sure how long "forever" is for you. And do let Windows manage the page file. Again, if you don't have SSD, you're going to be swapping to HD *and* having it create the shaders.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

If i wanted to start a Huey training mission after a fresh install it crashes...….

Any idea's?

This just sucks…...

Wut?

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

Hi all,

My current specs are:

i5-4690k at 4.8GHz

GTX 760 2GB

8GB Ram

Your CPU looks great, but your graphics card and memory are woefully inadequate. You need 16GB of system memory. A 2GB graphics card won't do, either.

If cash is tight, get a used 4GB one such as a GTX 980 as the *absolute bare minimum*. I'd go with an 8GB card if you want a new one, 1070 at the absolute lowest. Stay away from the 1060, even the 6GB version.

You need both the memory upgrade and a better graphics card.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!