Pre-Order begins on May 24

Thacyoon

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. I forgot about the bonus.

However, the bonus gets you to buy more stuff at full price. :)

Discount is for more buyers. So just counting the profit from one individual customer is not the full picture of it.

We players also get benefit from it since more buddies will fly with us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always did preorder and found it made no difference to the end price other than the timing. The discounts come in later, the EA preorder discount until release are usually the same.

I'm mainly interested about this sim bringing in new DCS blood from a fractured section of the very same community we love, that excites me the most.

New technically talented people are already asking questions about DCS Mission Editor.

The plane is legendary, but I'm not excited for the actual release or EA. There's been so much development time spent on the bleeding edge of DCS I'm pretty numb to it. Can happily wait before parting with my money, which I will do, for sure.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I've been waiting for this for a long time!

Let see....

"F-16 Combat Pilot" and "Falcon" on my Commodore Amiga 500, "Strike Commander", "Falcon 3.0/4.0", "Allied Force".

Pre-order DCS F-16C? Oh hell yeah! :thumbup:

You and me both, its the only plane that will bring me back to DCS

You and me both, its the only plane that will bring me back to DCS

Welcome back then, lol.

I enjoy the A-10C, Huey and Hornet the most, especially in VR. I pre-order a lot if it's something that I'm particularly interested in. I have the F-14 but haven't had much time to get into it yet, however, the Hornet is a real dream to fly and learn the systems, in VR!

Give her a try. I don't think you'll have any regrets. She's a real beauty in every since of the word.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always did preorder and found it made no difference to the end price other than the timing. The discounts come in later, the EA preorder discount until release are usually the same.

I'm mainly interested about this sim bringing in new DCS blood from a fractured section of the very same community we love, that excites me the most.

New technically talented people are already asking questions about DCS Mission Editor.

The plane is legendary, but I'm not excited for the actual release or EA. There's been so much development time spent on the bleeding edge of DCS I'm pretty numb to it. Can happily wait before parting with my money, which I will do, for sure.

I'm not sure if you're talking to me? The price sure changes when pre-order is over. It goes to full price even though it's EA.

Buzz

After the stupid amount of time I've put into the F/A-18C and the F-14, I can only jump on board to support ED with the Viper project. The Tomcat is my real baby, but I remember flying the Viper in Strike Commander and loving it. I think I also played Falcon 3.0 once upon a time. Anyway, I've Pre-ordered.

Looking forward to it ED :)

I do think the same way !

Never played Strike Commander (unfortunatelly many sims like that and Fleet Defender were scarce at Portugal in the 90's), but I understand you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

After following this thread and re-reading most of it, In my humble opinion there three options about this release:

A) Buy it

B) Don't buy it

C) Buy it Later

Edited by Mad-Mex

I have tried forever to have it work on Windows 10, finally gave up,,, even have the hard bound book,,, wonder if it will help with this module?

That's why I keep with Windows 7, and couldn't care less if they end its support next year.

I suppose DCS F-16 would be much less prone to that kind of trouble, but meanwhile let's see if they do finish the Hornet also.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

DCS Weekend Update had a screenshot showing the release date as September 25, 2019. Maybe that's a steam date, but atleast it's a date.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211436&stc=1&d=1559918245

Steam requires a date to be able to do a pre-purchase like this. In the past they've allowed "fall" or something, but I think they revised it to require a specific date.

It's likely to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Great plane with awesome history, wish to have it. But I will NOT buy, untill the Hornet is complete. Development of Hornet features is so slow (TGP, TWS, Ground radar, Harpoon,...), I will never support other projects, till the current projects are complete. We learned from history, not only the ED one. With this politics, Viper get its all features at 2022. At that time the Phantom will be in process.

Great plane with awesome history, wish to have it. But I will NOT buy, untill the Hornet is complete. Development of Hornet features is so slow (TGP, TWS, Ground radar, Harpoon,...), I will never support other projects, till the current projects are complete. We learned from history, not only the ED one. With this politics, Viper get its all features at 2022. At that time the Phantom will be in process.

Have fun not flying it then I guess ;)

I'm not sure what you expect, development of these modules takes a lot of time. I don't think the Hornet development has been especially slow, considering how much work a lot of these complex systems require to get working. They only have a limited number of people who can work on each system thats in development and they are trying to model them in the most realistic way possible that they can do. This is not an insignificant task.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

To each its own I guess. I'll never understand this mentality. The systems that haven't been released yet are the ones that take a long time to develop.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Once the Pre-order is done we can use our remaining bonus points to purchase right?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Once the Pre-order is done we can use our remaining bonus points to purchase right?

I can't recall a time you could use your bonus points on new modules.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I can't recall a time you could use your bonus points on new modules.

I just checked. I can use bonus points for the Mig-19 so I should be able to use them for the 16.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I just checked. I can use bonus points for the Mig-19 so I should be able to use them for the 16.

If the MiG-19 is full release and the F-16 is preorder, don’t think you can

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria