DMT Wide or Narow

RICARDO

hello,

i've got an issue with the DMT on TV mode, that i couldn't solve for a wile.

There is on the left side options buttons : "Wide" or "Narrow"

but by switching from one to other the zoom or dezoom doesn't change at all like it does with the targeting pod.

Am i doing something wrong?

thanks for your help.

The DMT doesn't zoom, only the Maverick seeker.

• Like 1

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Correct.

DMT is fixed 6x. Which was a big upgrade from 1x back in the day. Comparing it to the Tpod, well, DMT=1987, TPOD=2003?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

At close range I would be using your Mav seeker itself to find targets of opportunity.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

At close range I would be using your Mav seeker itself to find targets of opportunity.

Yup, this...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

And at close ranges I wouldn't be looking the MFCD, I would be looking the HUD itself to the target. And maybe refine the target with MFCD.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The Wide or Narrow is for the LST mode on the DMT, it will either do a side search in it's FOV or a narrow Search or HUD staying within the hud to search for a laser emission.

Specs: It's a computer...it runs DCS....

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The wide/narrow LST scan is really useful. I have made a mission with OH-58 acting as a fac lasing some artillery. The wide scan takes quite a long time to find the laser spot, if you create a new waypoint from the nine line to find the general target area and then switch to narrow it makes it much quicker to run the attack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing the Vulcan Forge campaign which is the first time that I've really had do deal with targets being lased and I'm finding a couple of issues - notably trying to get the plane to see the laser. In the third mission (Hecate's Torch) if memory serves the target is being lased by an AWACS or Spectre and, looking through the NVGs there is no doubt at all where the laser is pointing, but I was pointing my Harrier right at it and it wasn't picking up the laser.

I checked the code and it was fine, I checked I was in the right MFD mode and, again, everything was fine. The cross was scanning from side to side, not locked on the VVI. I flew a circuit and came back to it and it suddenly caught the laser and locked on.

About the only thing I can think is that my altitude was too low (which seems odd), the angle of the plane was too low (also seems odd if the receiver is in the nose), or there's a cooldown timer on the laser receiver ... or there's something else.

If anyone could comment on what is likely going wrong here, I would be very appreciative. The Hecate's Torch mission is very time dependent and expecting you to make the shot first time, which I didn't.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

How far away from the laser spot were you? It is range limited, I haven`t ever been able to pick up the spot outside 14 miles and sometimes as close as 7.

Sentinel22, a CTLD JTAC Predator starts lasing when the player is within 6 NM of the target. The JTAC orbits at 20,000 ft (14,000 ft AGL) on a 5NM race track and is never more than 5 NM from the target area, so lasing looks good.

The mission looks quite difficult (haven't flown it myself) as it asks for a low level attack, popup at 3 NM from the target (to 8,000 ft ?*) followed by a GBU-12 release (above 5,000 ft ?*).

*Note: I'm only guessing at the correct profile.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I ended up flying over the target then having to come round and have another go. I could see the laser hitting the target but the plane could not.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I'm wondering if it's because the "Code" label had un-boxed and I didn't press the button for it again.

I've just done the next mission in the series and I've had no problems at all picking up the laser, just as long as "Code" has a box around it.