No Update Today?

sSkullZnBoneZz

Still feeling a bit let down...F14 in mp is crashing left and right and nothing happens.

Jester was told to be improved and they even statet he will be able to Lantirn quite fast.

Yet he is still useless and far from beeing an AI...he can`t even select the radar altitude in normal steps -.- Sure people are modding configs but that shouldn´t be needed.

Its silent for a while + they switched company....not sure what to think about...hope im wrong and it´s just an ED thing again.

Still feeling a bit let down...F14 in mp is crashing left and right and nothing happens.

Jester was told to be improved and they even statet he will be able to Lantirn quite fast.

Yet he is still useless and far from beeing an AI...he can`t even select the radar altitude in normal steps -.- Sure people are modding configs but that shouldn´t be needed.

Its silent for a while + they switched company....not sure what to think about...hope im wrong and it´s just an ED thing again.

+1 Agreed. Concerned as well. It's probably ED's fault, but the general lack of communication is frustrating.

None of the missing items on the EA feature list have yet been addressed.

Fixes to the crashing probably will not be fixed this patch. We need to make a lot of noise about it in the bug section (new threads with specific situations, not just adding on to an old one). From the posts from HB, I’ve seen they are unsure as to if it’s a problem on their end and said it might be a problem on ours.

They said they are not able to reproduce the crashes, which makes me wonder how exactly they are testing. If they spent several days in some of the popular MP servers, they would start to see crashing a lot.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

general lack of communication is frustrating.

What lack of communication? Several HB members regularly post on these forums, much more than other devs (including ED) do. It's not HB's fault that ED decided tp delay the update. I was also a little disappointed but saying there is a lack of communication is simply not true IMHO. And besides, they don't owe you explanation on their internal development schedules. It is a much appreciated courtesy of them and should be treated as such

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Hey guys,

sorry that you did not receive an update again, unfortunately sometimes things get taken out of our hands as well.

We totally understand that some share the wait in frustriation, as we are equally grateful for the tremendous patience with us.

We hope to have better news for you soon. Thank you again.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hey guys,

sorry that you did not receive an update again, unfortunately sometimes things get taken out of our hands as well.

We totally understand that some share the wait in frustriation, as we are equally grateful for the tremendous patience with us.

We hope to have better news for you soon. Thank you again.

Thank you for the news Iron Mike.

I gather this means the update is ready on your end, but that ED had to postpone it? And with that I guess the question on everybody's mind is wether or not it would be too optimistic to expect the update on friday?

Thank you for the news Iron Mike.

What news? He just claimed that he HOPES to have news.

I gather this means the update is ready on your end, but that ED had to postpone it? And with that I guess the question on everybody's mind is wether or not it would be too optimistic to expect the update on friday?

You gather whatever you want out of that. Pure speculation...THEN you speculated on the result of your OWN speculation!

:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What news? He just claimed that he HOPES to have news.

You gather whatever you want out of that. Pure speculation...THEN you speculated on the result of your OWN speculation!

:megalol:

Having a bad day? Or just lost your glasses?

The community on here sometimes, I swear...

I just wait for the fixes that have been made 4+ weeks ago which ED didn't put in back then (remember those additional Jester commands for example) that didn't even come 2 weeks ago (I mean, ED had the stuff for over two weeks already at that time)... everything else is bonus rainbowdashwink.png

Having a bad day? Or just lost your glasses?

The community on here sometimes, I swear...

Just another Viper driver... nothing to care about as a naval aviator dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Wait till X - mas

+1 Agreed. Concerned as well. It's probably ED's fault, but the general lack of communication is frustrating.

None of the missing items on the EA feature list have yet been addressed.

OMG . . . I am so glad I did not buy this mudule yet......I will wait till X-mas for the sale and the bugs a re ironed out,:music_whistling: hopefully.

Nineline confirmed in another thread that there will be no OB update today.

Being fair, that’s the role of an OB, and it they’ve identified issues, them ED are appropriately not rolling it out.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Nineline confirmed in another thread that there will be no OB update today.

Being fair, that’s the role of an OB, and it they’ve identified issues, them ED are appropriately not rolling it out.

Bummer upon bummer :(

But ofcourse you can't roll something out that isn't working, that is understandable, I just wonder what the issue is, I mean it must be a pretty significant one considering all the time it has taken.

I want to fly my cat :cry:

I want to fly my cat :cry:

You can already do so? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can already do so? :huh:

I can fly a severely underpowered one which means I can't practice and develop BFM tactics with it, which is what I do most in the beginning and a huge part of enjoying the module. The big lack of performance with increases in altitude makes it so that all the opposition has to do is climb and the F-14 is rendered a sittin turkey (pardon the pun).

As a result since the last update I've mostly just practiced BVR, but that has gotten pretty repetitive at this point (esp. since Jester doesn't know how to use TWS).

But ofcourse you can't roll something out that isn't working, that is understandable, I just wonder what the issue is, I mean it must be a pretty significant one considering all the time it has taken.

I think HB's patches have fallen victim to ED trying to push the VR improvements in the next update which obviously takes time to be properly tested and ironed out.

Since I fly the F-14 now almost exclusively, I wish ED handled this in a better way and had a plan B option to just push out urgent module fixes separate from their own complex platform changes.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Heatblur should just rebrand by now and be "No Update Today Simulations"

NUT

Or at least this thread should be the first sticky on their board.

And your ignorance is mind-boggling.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |