Old Timer Looking fro a F-18 Fly Buddy

4eyes

After learning the Su-25T, I purchased the F-18 Hornet a few months ago. I can cold start, take-off, compass navigate, and some of the early basics. I am working on my landings. I am nearing 70 years old. My reflexes are not the best, and I am getting hard of hearing. I am looking for another older gentleman to fly with. Either on a current server, or create a private server. I am English speaking. I can be available 7 days a week any time from 2pm Eastern time to 12pm Eastern time. I live in Alaska.

I can use Discord. I prefer working with only one individual, and not with a group. I tried that. Too many voices barking confuses me. That may come again later.

I am open to suggestions. But, please do not refer me to a large squadron or server where I will become lost in the mix. :helpsmilie:

PM sent Skunk

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just 28, but I love the fact that you guys still follow your passion. I really do. I hope I still follow mine when I (hopefully) get to your age.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Just resent. If you don't receive shoot me an email and we'll thrash some bad guys this weekend :)

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
After learning the Su-25T, I purchased the F-18 Hornet a few months ago. I can cold start, take-off, compass navigate, and some of the early basics. I am working on my landings. I am nearing 70 years old. My reflexes are not the best, and I am getting hard of hearing. I am looking for another older gentleman to fly with. Either on a current server, or create a private server. I am English speaking. I can be available 7 days a week any time from 2pm Eastern time to 12pm Eastern time. I live in Alaska.

I can use Discord. I prefer working with only one individual, and not with a group. I tried that. Too many voices barking confuses me. That may come again later.

I am open to suggestions. But, please do not refer me to a large squadron or server where I will become lost in the mix. :helpsmilie:

Did you find anyone to team up with, to learn F-18, etc. I'm also looking for someone.

My e-mail is joeb@hkusa.com or joseph_buck_198@comcast.net

I can relate. I'm 76.

Good luck.

You gentlemen really inspire me!! Stay young men!!:thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Never too old to learn new tricks. I flew a DCS sortie with my dad yesterday on his 87th birthday. We hit the tanker, got two sets of BVR in, and flew a low-level to a pop-up airfield attack. He has 6,000 hours of real world F-86, F-100, and F-4 time -- so that helps, but he's done a great job learning the complex systems of modern aircraft thanks to DCS. We can't wait for DCS to get the F-4E out so he can strap that jet on again. Hopefully before he is 90!

Good luck finding someone to fly with -- the key is to have patience, make sure you are doing what is enjoyable (don't push yourself to learn everything at once), take lots of notes, make checklists if that helps, and realize that the sim is a lot more difficult than real life.

The Big Tatanka

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Never too old to learn new tricks. I flew a DCS sortie with my dad yesterday on his 87th birthday. We hit the tanker, got two sets of BVR in, and flew a low-level to a pop-up airfield attack. He has 6,000 hours of real world F-86, F-100, and F-4 time -- so that helps, but he's done a great job learning the complex systems of modern aircraft thanks to DCS. We can't wait for DCS to get the F-4E out so he can strap that jet on again. Hopefully before he is 90!

Good luck finding someone to fly with -- the key is to have patience, make sure you are doing what is enjoyable (don't push yourself to learn everything at once), take lots of notes, make checklists if that helps, and realize that the sim is a lot more difficult than real life.

The Big Tatanka

Love it!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The Big Tatanka

This is awesome!.. It's one thing to have former hornet/harrier/hog drivers on here, but when you get back to the sabre days you know you got a real flyer on your hands! I'm a young buck too [28] but if DCS has taught me one thing it's that aviation doesn't have an age...it has a breed!:thumbup:

Im just getting back into things inbetween work,family duties. i couldnt agree more with just working with one person. can relate especially when it comes to learning something new. let me know if you want to ever attempt to play fighter pilot some time =]

This is awesome!.. It's one thing to have former hornet/harrier/hog drivers on here, but when you get back to the sabre days you know you got a real flyer on your hands! I'm a young buck too [28] but if DCS has taught me one thing it's that aviation doesn't have an age...it has a breed!:thumbup:

Sabre . . . my love - grew up with them as a kid and spent some time walking down the hanger line and also watching guns alignment. I used to lie on a big old cardboard box with other kids about a half mile off the end of the runway during war games. Also, watched the Sabre and Vampire duke it out.

Memories :)

Wow, that is awesome. I just listened to the fighter pilot podcast with "Turkey" talking about his decades of flying in F-8 to F-14 and Angels. He told some great stories. It must be a blast flying with your dad and the stories and perspectives he can tell.