Will there ever be a SA342sim?

I don't have issue with the controls at all. There is no juice of helicopter. Just turn off assistance in Ka-50 and you will enjoying flying.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret this purchase. I am flying an RC chopper

I don´t regret purchasing the Gazelle. Sure she needs a bit finetuning, but it is a really good module. I had a lot of hours pure fun with it. And she is a beauty. Really well done.

It it sad, that there is very poor communication here in the forums, but i can also understand the devs, that they saying nothing more than necessary, when i am reading some if the posts in the past. I am really hoping, that PC don´t regret creating the DCS Gazelle.

Dear devs, give some love to the Gazelle and your next module is a sure buy for me.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

We value the feedback given by real pilots and the rest of the community and hope to incorporate an improved flightmodel to the Gazelle after the release of our new module yet to be announced. The new module will in our opinion set a new standard for helicopter flightmodels in DCS and we hope to bring this new standard over tot he Gazelle as well.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We value the feedback given by real pilots and the rest of the community and hope to incorporate an improved flightmodel to the Gazelle after the release of our new module yet to be announced. The new module will in our opinion set a new standard for helicopter flightmodels in DCS and we hope to bring this new standard over tot he Gazelle as well.

Your talking about a DCS module right? Not something for another sim?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

So it seems us the customers essentially have to wait and or buy a new unannounced module in future to enjoy the new heli FM standard you will set? How about fix a product you already sold to customers and show good faith in regards to that? You certainly won’t get any cash from me on a new module until it’s proven what’s been bought already be fixed and to standard.

Good luck:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

So it seems us the customers essentially have to wait and or buy a new unannounced module in future to enjoy the new heli FM standard you will set? How about fix a product you already sold to customers and show good faith in regards to that? You certainly won’t get any cash from me on a new module until it’s proven what’s been bought already be fixed and to standard.

Good luck:thumbup:

No, don’t worry. The new FM for the Gazelle will come as an update like any other new feature or bug fix. There is no need to buy a new module for that.

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to hear that another heli is en route and that the Gazelle FM is going to be updated

Personally I'm not going to buy it until after Early Access is over + if it gets really good reviews, because without a good Gaz FM (how long has it been "released" now?) there's no reason to expect it to be good, and hence there's a reason to expect the new module to be mediocre.

Coupled with no multicrew and no expectation of functional or even basic FFB, there's little reason to be excited no matter what airframe we get.

Edited by Sephyrius

I'm very excited to see, what Polychop is cooking for us. The Gazelle is my favorite Module, a modern small Chopper with a good Punch. Even with that so-called bad FM.

I mean, they are a small Team und the Gaz is their first Module. They implemented Multicrew (even if it's current very buggy) an you got 4 different Versions of it. That ist not the baddest Start.

I'm very optimistic about the new FM and next Module will be an instant buy for me. Especially if it's a OH-58D! :)

... The new module will in our opinion set a new standard for helicopter flightmodels in DCS and we hope to bring this new standard over tot he Gazelle as well.

Big words. You will be judged by your own words. I really hope you can deliver what you promise. Helicopters are underrepresented in DCS.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

The module is much different than all other DCS modules, had a blast with it all weekend. Obviously an improved flight model will be extra nice to enjoy it that bit more. I like the way you have to fire missiles carefully and take into account they are fired from the left side of the frame, that the machine gun fires off the right side, all has to be taken into account when attacking. I like the neon blue and red cockpit lighting, the way the chopper changes balance when firing the guns, nice work. The radio is simple to use and the flares too, it's a really sweet module, not too complex at all but plenty there for beginners. The bullet holes in the wind shield is a nice effect and the way machine gun fire can knock here out of the sky, shes fragile. The light on the front that changes its angle is really well done too when coming home at sunset and landing on a ship. I would prefer a bit more weight in the physics but overall a refreshing change from the other modules. I'll definitely buy your next module.

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I'm very excited to see, what Polychop is cooking for us. The Gazelle is my favorite Module, a modern small Chopper with a good Punch. Even with that so-called bad FM.

I mean, they are a small Team und the Gaz is their first Module. They implemented Multicrew (even if it's current very buggy) an you got 4 different Versions of it. That ist not the baddest Start.

I'm very optimistic about the new FM and next Module will be an instant buy for me. Especially if it's a OH-58D! :)

Great to hear you enjoy the Gazelle that much. It's always nice to read such things!

Big words. You will be judged by your own words. I really hope you can deliver what you promise. Helicopters are underrepresented in DCS.

Fox

We hope to deliver as well, in fact we're very confident we will. We understand your sentiment though. When the time comes we look forward to your honest opinion Fox.

How about a "great news" instead of something that sounds like a threat?

Thanks Jester, it's appreciated but with the news Polychop is working on a new module while some feel the Gazelle is unfinished or degraded after multiple DCS updates, we can understand people have a strong opinion on the matter. All we can say is that we strive to bring out one or more updates for the Gazelle this year that will statisfy the Gazelle module owners and the new module paves the way for some things we'd like to include. Until that time we understand Fox and many others will post their honest opinions here.

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The new module will in our opinion set a new standard for helicopter flightmodels in DCS and we hope to bring this new standard over tot he Gazelle as well.

Fantastic! :thumbup:

I'll surely support and will try the Gaz as soon as my new rig is running. Seems like the Gaz has problems but if some real helicopter pilots barely notice them, I sure won't and will enjoy it. The main thing is that you keep improving your product and give us hope here once in a while.

Fantastic! :thumbup:

I'll surely support and will try the Gaz as soon as my new rig is running. Seems like the Gaz has problems but if some real helicopter pilots barely notice them, I sure won't and will enjoy it. The main thing is that you keep improving your product and give us hope here once in a while.

Right on! Good luck with your new rig. Don't hesitate to report back when you've tried the Gaz. We try to be more communicative, it's good to know it's appreciated.

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I regret my purchase also, there should be a big warning on the shop page "No FFB support". I bought this because i already had all the other heli modules and expected the same quality. Now i only have a nice Gazelle 3D model to sit in, flying is a pretty underwhelming experience.

@Jester986 Is it realistic that a pilot has to fly this thing with extremely cautious cyclic movements, like max 1cm from center? Why can i move the cyclic all the way around 1:1 (~30cm in all directions) before startup and after that 5mm of input is all i need to get it to full speed?

I agree with Jester here, and he's given me some great tips/training.

First, you need to setup your joystick like the real thing using axis tuning. I have a 10cm extension on my stick (so still pretty short), and I think I set the sensitivity to like 40-50% linear in the axis settings (don't use curves, use the linear). And the gazelle is crazy easier to fly. I still only use maybe 30% of the travel usually so I could probably turn it down more. Also I think a big part of the FM issue is replicating actual aircraft controls with spring centering joysticks, planes/helos don't work like that. I've never flown a real helo, but I have fixed wing time, and a spring joystick isn't even close to what I'm used to from a real plane. I'll bow out from the FM discussion since I'm not really qualified on that front, but I honestly find the GAZ to be really easy to fly now that I "detuned" my stick...

Honestly the only major issue with it IMO is the fact its not multicrew and there is no AI gunner for the HOT's. Its just damn hard doing both jobs for me.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I agree with Jester here, and he's given me some great tips/training.

First, you need to setup your joystick like the real thing using axis tuning. I have a 10cm extension on my stick (so still pretty short), and I think I set the sensitivity to like 40-50% linear in the axis settings (don't use curves, use the linear). And the gazelle is crazy easier to fly. I still only use maybe 30% of the travel usually so I could probably turn it down more. Also I think a big part of the FM issue is replicating actual aircraft controls with spring centering joysticks, planes/helos don't work like that. I've never flown a real helo, but I have fixed wing time, and a spring joystick isn't even close to what I'm used to from a real plane. I'll bow out from the FM discussion since I'm not really qualified on that front, but I honestly find the GAZ to be really easy to fly now that I "detuned" my stick...

Honestly the only major issue with it IMO is the fact its not multicrew and there is no AI gunner for the HOT's. Its just damn hard doing both jobs for me.

I try to get a good place to hover behind a mountain, then only look with the camera, when I find something I want to shoot, quit auto throttle and pop up shoot, down again.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Needless to say, I've enjoyed the Gazelle very, very much (just have a look at my Youtube channel, or reddit/hoggit messages). Yes, there might be some points of improvement, but I've been very impressed with the amount of love for the module, and I've always been positive and tried to be encouraging rather than overly critical, because I think that Polychop has got the attitude and motivation to deliver. And once one has motivation, everything else can be learned and improved upon :)

I'm really looking forward towards to your next module. And I also like that we have a new user "Polychop Simultions" online, with a rather positive and engaging demeanour :) Welcome!

Edited by PitbullVicious

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

I try to get a good place to hover behind a mountain, then only look with the camera, when I find something I want to shoot, quit auto throttle and pop up shoot, down again.

Ill try it but i seldom have that textbook example online. Usually behind a hill is well out of range. And turns out radar/ai seems to see through tree cover.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ill try it but i seldom have that textbook example online. Usually behind a hill is well out of range. And turns out radar/ai seems to see through tree cover.

That's why I choose hills or buildings more than tree areas. I hope ED improve that radar collision, well, they already can't shoot through, old days were difficult for helicopters XD

Chinook lover - Rober -

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I got zapped by a T-55 early on... I mean yes I could see a T-90 with an actual FCS and ATGM's do it. Or a M1 with an MPAT round. But a rust bucket T-55, jesus... And the IFV gunners are about as good as shilkas IMO.

That's why I choose hills or buildings more than tree areas. I hope ED improve that radar collision, well, they already can't shoot through, old days were difficult for helicopters XD

Yeah, again, usually not an option. I just want to hide behind trees, is that so much to ask for?

That is ED work then XD, I hope they do it soon too :P

ED needs to work on trees, sniper tanks, sniper APC, Sniper everything in general. Where is the drunk on vodka "skill level" option?