[FIXED] RB 04e Single target bug

tees

Hi there i just spot some rb04e bug, when you shoot them into one target in series they separate a bit and one missile hit a quarter second before another. Problem is a second missile exploding same time before reaching the target (look like as if it was destroyed by shock wave). If you engage in single and give them a little bit more separation they both hit. record some short clip

rb04.trk

Edited by tees

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Jediteo said:

This should be alleviated in the upcoming patch, due to warhead changes. 

That's great to hear! I'm though, what exactly is changing about the warheads?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 9:51 AM, Jediteo said:

This should be alleviated in the upcoming patch, due to warhead changes. 

This issue is still present as of today. If the missiles are launched at a speed close to their cruise speed (~0.93M) then the first missile doesn't seperate forward of the second missile which leads to them being close to one another when the first missile impacts and the explosion kills the second missile before it impacts the target.

This issn't just a Viggen issue though, but a DCS issue as the same thing happens with the Hornet and their Harpoon missiles if launched like that.

Edit:

This issue is related as this should prevent the missiles from blowing each other up:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, QuiGon said:

This issue is still present as of today. If the missiles are launched at a speed close to their cruise speed (~0.93M) then the first missile doesn't seperate forward of the second missile which leads to them being close to one another when the first missile impacts and the explosion kills the second missile before it impacts the target.

This issn't just a Viggen issue though, but a DCS issue as the same thing happens with the Hornet and their Harpoon missiles if launched like that.

Edit:

This issue is related as this should prevent the missiles from blowing each other up:

Tracked Depth Separation.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Silhou changed the title to [FIXED] RB 04e Single target bug