OH-58 Kiowa

Satarosa

Dont the tanks and radar ignore tree cover anyway?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sorry it wasnt clear. I was super excited to try out the hover behind the treeline and have the mast over the top thing that kiowas do and designate targets for others. Kinda pointless if im gonna get gunned by a t55 or shilka that magically sees through cover.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, and we don't have anything that can fire Hellfires yet, so that takes some of the fun out of it too. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty excited about this project, but its niche is somewhat limited by the capabilities of DCS, both in terms of tech and modules.

Other Kiowas can carry helfires.

Yeah, and we don't have anything that can fire Hellfires yet, so that takes some of the fun out of it too. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty excited about this project, but its niche is somewhat limited by the capabilities of DCS, both in terms of tech and modules.

Well the laser target designator on a Kiowa or any other equipped helicopter provides a laser target for any capable munition type, not only hellfires. You could help out any platform capable of dropping GBU's or laser guided mavericks for example.

Edited by DrummerNL

I hope y’all aren’t just yanking our chain about the OH-58. If you are (polychop) you will alienate your fan base. Good luck. We are watching.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Sorry it wasnt clear. I was super excited to try out the hover behind the treeline and have the mast over the top thing that kiowas do and designate targets for others. Kinda pointless if im gonna get gunned by a t55 or shilka that magically sees through cover.
AI won't shoot if you are mostly obscured by terrain so the mast should be effective

Plus lase and hellfire range exceeds ai main armament similar to the vikhr

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if some of you know how small this tiny chopper is... it is so frakin tiny,,, they usually had a small gun on the front... under the front end, and at most could carry maybe a stretcher (on a skid) of a wounded soldier, but that weight would totally throw the balance... of course no chopper is really quiet, but it was as close to it as it could.... not any rotor slap that I remember, so being sneaky was easier.....

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Ramstein, which version are you talking of, I never saw such configuration on a/c or d models

I have to ask the guy who had his helos (under his command) at Ramstein Air Base. he also flew in Vietnam, but I only serviced the ones at Ramstein circa 1980. it turns out I now live near one of the guys who was a combat pilot and trainer on several helos that were there. I wasn't familiar with model numbers.

it had to have been the

OH-58A

with the gun on it but no passenger seat.

the photos make it look much larger. IMHO

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Canadian Kiowas were very simple back in the day, but some did have Mini-TAT, which was the GE M134 762 Minigun on a bottom centerline mount that stuck below the skids. Though I never saw it, I assume it folded up for landing!!

No, I don't know details. For a long time I thought it was a fixed aiming, like on a warbird, but I have heard that it MIGHT have been aimable by servos and using a HUD on an arm and grips... but again, no confirmation of that. It might have been made by Emerson maybe.

minitat_orig.png

imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dcooke.com%2Fuploads%2F5%2F1%2F9%2F5%2F51956659%2Fminitat_orig.png&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dcooke.com%2Fresume.html&docid=xlaSd6kforJejM&tbnid=-EgjtEcJCACV9M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjKo4K73Z7jAhUCs54KHcOvB88QMwhHKAUwBQ..i&w=1095&h=800&bih=609&biw=1366&q=Canadian%20Kiowa%20mini-tat&ved=0ahUKEwjKo4K73Z7jAhUCs54KHcOvB88QMwhHKAUwBQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

AI won't shoot if you are mostly obscured by terrain so the mast should be effective

Plus lase and hellfire range exceeds ai main armament similar to the vikhr

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ive been hosed by aaa through treelines. Maybe hills would be better.

Canadian Kiowas were very simple back in the day, but some did have Mini-TAT, which was the GE M134 762 Minigun on a bottom centerline mount that stuck below the skids. Though I never saw it, I assume it folded up for landing!!

No, I don't know details. For a long time I thought it was a fixed aiming, like on a warbird, but I have heard that it MIGHT have been aimable by servos and using a HUD on an arm and grips... but again, no confirmation of that. It might have been made by Emerson maybe.

minitat_orig.png

imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dcooke.com%2Fuploads%2F5%2F1%2F9%2F5%2F51956659%2Fminitat_orig.png&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dcooke.com%2Fresume.html&docid=xlaSd6kforJejM&tbnid=-EgjtEcJCACV9M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjKo4K73Z7jAhUCs54KHcOvB88QMwhHKAUwBQ..i&w=1095&h=800&bih=609&biw=1366&q=Canadian%20Kiowa%20mini-tat&ved=0ahUKEwjKo4K73Z7jAhUCs54KHcOvB88QMwhHKAUwBQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

What kind of whacky vegetation you guys growin up there in canadia ;)? Thats totally nuts.

not sure if some of you know how small this tiny chopper is... it is so frakin tiny,,, they usually had a small gun on the front... under the front end, and at most could carry maybe a stretcher (on a skid) of a wounded soldier, but that weight would totally throw the balance... of course no chopper is really quiet, but it was as close to it as it could.... not any rotor slap that I remember, so being sneaky was easier.....

It's approximately the same size as a Gazelle, with a roughly comparable selection of weapons.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2