Future F-16 variations possible?

MKev

I would actually be more interested in a F-16A then i am in the F-16C.

And if they go with a F-16A Block 15 OCU it would still be capable enough

(AGM-65s and Aim-120s etc) while still being able to easily simulate non OCU variants by just limiting weapon options.

I just prefer the cold war era timeframe and i really like the F-16A cockpit

so as is i dont even know if i will get the F-16C =P

but a F-16A (Or even a F-16C Block 25) would make me pre-order right away.

Was searching in the forums and that pretty much is exactly what I'm hoping for since decades.... or better said: since Falcon 3.0 came out. I like the F-16C... but the technology state is too advanced for my taste. Wouldn't it be interesting knowing, how the F-16A was operating back in the days? It would fit the cold war era perfectly. Well... maybe some day. I would instantly buy this one and I guess I'm not alone.

• Like 1

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

No CFTs!:mad:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I believe ED has already stated that the one that they are doing is the only one they are planning on building.

In contrast, I remember like ED stated that other Viper versions might be possible in the future, but no plans yet.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Syria would be the ideal theater for the Israeli Barak! The idea is not new, but it seems difficult to implement it as a mod of the Viper. As for the Sufa, I think it's impossible to see it in DCS World, considering the characteristics of secrecy surrounding it.

RaceFuel85 said:
The Sufa is almost certainly way beyond the public available info sphere to be done properly.

A F-16 Block 30 or Block 40 would likely be a case of being so close to a Block 50 that fundamentally they'd be redundant.

The F-16A is a good option, however I don't think people would particularly enjoy the severe limitations in terms of stores that would come with it.

Block 30 from 1980s and Desert Storm would have better acceleration, climb rate, sustained and instantaneous turn rate than our Block 50. And less systems - slightly different radar variant, no HARM, Lantirn, JHMCS and GPS guided munitions. And no digital FCS.

F-16A variant would be grat also, the most maneuverable variant. Especially on new Syrian map. It did a lot of work during Israel-Syria war.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

It's not, blocks that new are classified. And besides, the Eurofighter is from 2003, it's the same tech level as Block 50.

I'd love a Block 30, for that Gulf War vibe, and an early block F-16A. I'd certainly pay for the latter, as it's basically a different jet. For the former, only if this was an upgrade like the A-10C II.

• Like 4

I'd love an F-16A Block 15/15 OCU, and an F-16C Block 40 w. LANTIRN.

The F-16A fits alternate history Cold War missions of the mid-80s basically perfectly (especially if we got a Germany/Baltic map). And an early-mid 90s F-16C Block 40 fits the timeframe of ODS, alongside the F-14B and AJS-37.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Imagine the F-16A alongside other same-era technological stuff in the Syria map with Israel... I hope the F-16A will come true.

• Like 3

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Have to say that I’d like a block 25 from the 80s. The same is true for the F18

Edited by Mr_sukebe
  • Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

If this module included Block 25 thru 50/52 along the same time frame it would a very popular module and very similar the way HB did the F-14.

I’d be happy to pay for the Block 25 variant, in a similar way to the A10c2.

It would be a more consistent match up with late Cold War aircraft.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'd love an F-16A Block 15/15 OCU, and an F-16C Block 40 w. LANTIRN.

You nailed it as far as I'm concerned, I really think that these would be the perfect steps. Although highly unlikely, a Block 50/52+ on the other side would also round out the lineup nicely.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I would pay for an F-16 Block 30 / F-16N (ok it has APG 66 but , anyway ...).

Block 30 was the most produced F-16C and it had better performance, acceleration, climb rate, turn rate - than heavier groud attack variants Block 40 and Block 50 we have.

Block 30 would be perfect counterpart for MiG-29 9.12 if ED will decide to really make one since both were hot rod dogfighters and was introduced in mid 1980s.

• Thanks 1

i would be happy if the current version will be somewhat close to finish... then im happy to talk about anything new but not earlier.

So many people asking for new variants, new planes and helicopters and then the same people arguing why that progress slows down and they have plenty of unfinished modules like we have now....

Let's get a finished Block 50 Viper before we worry about them trying to develop other variants. I would think though that in terms of 'bang for buck' a completely different airframe is going to get them further than developing another Viper variant. The Israeli variants are very different but I don't know how successful they would be in getting sufficient information on the avionics within those birds.

I know it is a bit harder as the Lot 20 Hornet does a better job of filling in for the duration of legacy Hornet history due to it being able to carry many of the older weapons like Sparrow's and Walleye's, but I would rather ED move on to creating something different (once they finish the Hornet and Viper, please!) rather than another Viper variant. We don't have a Tornado, Phantom, Gripen, J-10, full fidelity Russian aircraft (one can dream), Aardvark, Starfighter... So many options! Heck I'd rather they invested the time in a full-fidelity F-15C or a Rhino.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Yes, F-16A, it would be a true dogfighting machine of it's era! One of my first choices of the best potential modules. Not heavy "lead nose" F-16C to fight from the distance with AMRAAM.

F-16A would be something like more modern F-5E when it comes to way it fights. You don't have to remember to click ten or more electronic something to prepare for combat, just enjoy pure performance, maneuverablility, clear unobstructed canopy view and dogfight enemy MiGs with gun and sidewinders.

Many new folks intimidated by F-16C hundreds pages manual would jump to F-16A and enjoy the real essence of air combat, you, your two sidewinders, gun and lightweight fighter with pure handling.

4MeLlj-jI7QCaojxyWbU6arYDHvEeyovlsYmVS2IMZA.jpg

Edited by Berserk
  • Like 8

Definitely a blast to use in a previous era, very interesting. These modernized version of most modules are simply overpowered thus boring.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2021 at 4:52 PM, Berserk said:

Yes, F-16A, it would be a true dogfighting machine of it's era! One of my first choices of the best potential modules. Not heavy "lead nose" F-16C to fight from the distance with AMRAAM.

F-16A would be something like more modern F-5E when it comes to way it fights. You don't have to remember to click ten or more electronic something to prepare for combat, just enjoy pure performance, maneuverablility, clear unobstructed canopy view and dogfight enemy MiGs with gun and sidewinders.

Many new folks intimidated by F-16C hundreds pages manual would jump to F-16A and enjoy the real essence of air combat, you, your two sidewinders, gun and lightweight fighter with pure handling.

4MeLlj-jI7QCaojxyWbU6arYDHvEeyovlsYmVS2IMZA.jpg

Plus it's a perfect counterpart to the MiG-29 9.12 that's supposedly planned.

They both would also fit perfectly on a Cold War northern/central Germany map, the F-16 having a base at Spangdahlem AB (the A-10A and both Cs, as well as the current F-16CM Block 50 already have a Spangdahlem livery), and the MiG-29 at numerous bases, operated by both the GDR and the USSR (Damgarten, Laage and Wittstock, as well as probably a few others - we already have a Damgarten livery for the 9.13S MiG-29S).  

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.