Looking for a Hornet instructor

FLANKERATOR

Hello,

A friend of mine would like to have private lessons online to learn the Hornet's systems.

If you are familiar with the avionics of the F/A-18 in DCS and how to operate them, please PM me.

This student is willing to pay for quality instruction. PM for more details.

Thanks.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Hello,

A friend of mine would like to have private lessons online to learn the Hornet's systems.

If you are familiar with the avionics of the F/A-18 in DCS and how to operate them, please PM me.

This student is willing to pay for quality instruction. PM for more details.

Thanks.

It's called "Youtube".

Pay someone money? Why? It's a simulator. Jump in and mess around with everything--if you crash it's no big deal. Re-load and try again :)

Plenty of vids and what-have-yous to show you which way is up.

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Save your money for better hardware or new modules. Join a virtual squad, and you'll get quality training for free!

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

It's called "Youtube".

Pay someone money? Why? It's a simulator. Jump in and mess around with everything--if you crash it's no big deal. Re-load and try again :)

Planty of vids and what-have-yous to show you which way is up.

AD

Some folks learn best when there is a guiding hand. Nothing wrong with it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Asking money to play the game you love? How low have we sunk. End of the 90's there were 5 people showing me the ropes on Falcon 4. Enjoying it while doing it just to see another guy playing with them. I must be old.

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

Asking money to play the game you love? How low have we sunk. End of the 90's there were 5 people showing me the ropes on Falcon 4. Enjoying it while doing it just to see another guy playing with them. I must be old.

Yep, you must be of a similar age to me, as when I read this thread I was a little disappointed to read that people would actually charge money to help someone play a game.

Many moons ago I paid quite a lot of money to learn how to fly a real plane. (FAA CPL) I had a professional instructor, got in a real plane and went up in the sky, passed my check rides, etc. So to see people actually have an hourly rate to "teach" people to fly a computer game??? Thanks but I will pass.

But as always that's my opinion. If people are willing to pay for something they think is worth it to them, then go for it. Choice is a wonderful thing, and hey, you also get to hang out with an internet "celebrity"!!!

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Save your money for better hardware or new modules. Join a virtual squad, and you'll get quality training for free!

+1 :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I don't see why people are so against paying for quality training. If I could get training from a person who REALLY knew about aerobatics, avionics, and dog fighting techniques I would be willing to pay. Just as one would pay a guitar instructor, why not pay a flight instructor? I think the people who are against this may be a bit intimidated, assuming that someone out there really does know a great deal about these things. However, I really doubt an actual f18 instructor would really take the time and give lessons on DCS though. More likely some guy living in his moms basement claiming to know something is the one giving instructions. Again, I would gladly pay for a real instructor though.

Edited by euthyphro

Yep, you must be of a similar age to me, as when I read this thread I was a little disappointed to read that people would actually charge money to help someone play a game.

Mind that e-sports were not a thing then. Today you can earn quite a lot of real money by making gaming videos, winning a torunament or just have a bunch of kids watching you play and streaming it online.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I don't see why people are so against paying for quality training. If I could get training from a person who REALLY knew about aerobatics, avionics, and dog fighting techniques I would be willing to pay. Just as one would pay a guitar instructor, why not pay a flight instructor? I think the people who are against this may be a bit intimidated, assuming that someone out there really does know a great deal about these things. However, I really doubt an actual f18 instructor would really take the time and give lessons on DCS though. More likely some guy living in his moms basement claiming to know something is the one giving instructions. Again, I would gladly pay for a real instructor though.

That's kinda what's happening here - the person charging for lessons is a Youtuber, the person offering them for free (Lex) is a genuine ex-Hornet pilot.

He would have done better to just ask for someone to help him. Adding he'll pay puts most of us off.

You can't get better instruction than from a real Hornet pilot. Lex offered that. Forget all other options.

Buzz

He would have done better to just ask for someone to help him. Adding he'll pay puts most of us off.

You can't get better instruction than from a real Hornet pilot. Lex offered that. Forget all other options.

+1

I see this answer as less straightforward than some of you folks that consider a pilot as the ideal one stop shop for all of that. For 1:1 the best way is to join a group, make friends and explore socially. It's longer lasting and more compelling than a financial arrangement. It's going to need longer term commitment and relationships and, believe it or not, there are very few people willing to take on the long challenge of getting someone from zero to the point where an hour with a fighter pilot will not go flying right over their head. Whereas friendship does help.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hehe so much drama about this.

So you'd gladly pay for tennis, guitar or whatever lessons but not lessons on how to play a game properly?

By the way, you can learn almost ANYTHING online for free nowadays, not only DCS, so that won't stop people who prefer private lessons from having them for a fee. If you can dedicate your time to teaching people professionally one one one as long as they want for free then good luck.

Instructor found and all set by the way. Thanks to those who offered their help.

Happy flying.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

As a matter of fact i've never paid for lessons for anything. I've given a lot of lessons for free for flyfishing, shooting, and hunting.

You did, in a currency called time :)

some people don't have time to learn a game with a steep leaning curve such as dcs, they got barely enough to play it a bit. Money is not an issue for them so they would rather trade it for time.