Community A-4E-C

58685991-15848580-83b0-11e9-9d1b-023294f10396.png

The Community A-4E-C represents more than three years of work on behalf of the development team. We’re proud to present the most comprehensive DCS World module to date, boasting such capabilities as air-to-ground radar and carrier operations. The A-4 was a cold war workhorse, providing a capable, reliable light attack aircraft to dozens of nations around the world. From the Sinai Desert to the Jungles of Vietnam, the A-4 was a common sight above cold war battlefields.

We thank the DCS World community for their support over the years, and dedicate the module to our friend, mentor and lead coder, Eric “Gospadin” Mudama. His passion and brilliance left a mark on us all, and this labor of love which would not have been possible without him.

Please DO NOT redistribute this mod without permission!

Contributing Developers

Gospadin, gyrovague, kryb / Archimaede, plusnine, Merker, Jones, Farlander, Heclak, Nero, Dr. Manius

Special Thanks

SkateZilla, uboats, The Original HoggitDev Team

Features

• Clickable cockpit
  • Air-to-ground radar
  • Shrike anti-radiation missile
  • Carrier landing and takeoff

New weapons:

• AN- series WWII munitions: M66, M81, M88
  • MK4 HIPEG 20 mm gunpod
  • Mk-77 napalm canister
  • SUU-7 bomblet dispenser

Visit our project page for full installation instructions and download links

Join us on Discord to ask questions and get the latest news the development of the A-4E-C

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is it really free?

- Yes, it’s really free!

Q: How large is the module?

- The download file is 584 MB. Installation size is 606 MB.

Q: Can I donate to the A-4E-C project?

- We cannot accept donations, but we appreciate your words of support! There are so many good causes out there. Consider donating to one of those instead!

Q: Can I get involved with the A-4E-C project?

- Yes! Join our Discord server and introduce yourself! We can always use a hand from game artists, programmers or reliable testers as we move the project forward. If you think you have skills to contribute, don’t hesitate!

Q: Is there a user manual or tutorials available?

- Heclak's Community A-4E Guide is a great resource

Q: Is there a paint kit I can use to create my own A-4E-C liveries?

- Yes! This A-4E-C Paintkit includes the aircraft’s top, bottom and fuel tanks. See the included liveries for lua examples. If you created liveries for older versions of the A-4E-C, you might want to update them to accommodate new changes in the external model in the newer version.

Q: Can I use radio functions?

- We are unable to implement fully functioning radios, as we do not have access to DCS Software Development Kit (SDK). The SDK is only available to official 3rd-party DCS developers, so the likelihood this functionality can be added in the future is slim. Other mods with functional radios tend to piggy-back on FC3 modules, changing only animation arguments, and not module functionality. The A-4E-C is a wholly original module, so we can't add radios unless ED decides to open the functionality to the list of commonly accessible functions to modders.

Q: Can I do aerial refuelling? Can I fly the A-4E-C as a tanker?

- Unfortunately, any meaningful aerial refuelling scenario of any kind involving the A-4E-C would also require access to the SDK.

Q: What about the AGM-12 Bullpup or AGM-62 Walleye?

- Implementing guided weapons would also require access to the SDK. Additionally, the specific airframe/cockpit that we have modelled is not equipped to accommodate the AGM-62 Walleye. A-4Es that were able to carry the AGM-62 Walleye had the ground radar display replaced with a TV monitor for use with the AGM-62 Walleye.

Q: What kinds of interactions does the A-4E-C have with the Supercarrier?

- At the moment, most of the active A-4E-C developers don’t own the Supercarrier module, and it is still extremely new. We’ll be looking at things in the next patch, but without access to the SDK, additional functionality with the Supercarrier should be thought of as anything but guaranteed.

Latest link.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Hello Heclak, may I suggest that you could add a version number or release date to the first page of your "Community A-4E-C Guide"? Then we could see quickly if you have updated it. :)

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hello Heclak, may I suggest that you could add a version number or release date to the first page of your "Community A-4E-C Guide"? Then we could see quickly if you have updated it. :)

Hi Norbot,

Thanks for the suggestion, I really haven't been keeping up with updating the guide. I need to spend more time on it. I'll try to include the last update date the next time I update it. Would one on the first page be sufficient? It might be a bit hard to highlight the specific changes though.

A date on the first page would be absolutely fine for me. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Guys, first of all, thanks you so much for your hard work on this mod, i enjoy it so much. But im having a problem. Im trying to make some missions and im not being able to land on the Stennis. On another mission i was able to takeoff, but in a mission i made only to landing training, it explodes on touchdown. Can you help me?

Apart of that, is there any schedule to more updates?

Thx

Any chance you are overweight, drop tanks, or bombs attached? Seems like this isn't the first time this has been asked. google A-4E NATOPS.

Guys, first of all, thanks you so much for your hard work on this mod, i enjoy it so much. But im having a problem. Im trying to make some missions and im not being able to land on the Stennis. On another mission i was able to takeoff, but in a mission i made only to landing training, it explodes on touchdown. Can you help me?

Thx

Edited by Fusedspine33
ipad missing letters

Thx

As I understand it, this is a bug with the DCS system. You must start the mission taking off from the Stennis Carrier, then try the landing. It should work fine when you take off from the Stennis first.

Thx

Hi LCO489,

Thanks for the compliments. Savvy is correct that there is a bug in DCS if you do an air start. You need to start from the ship or ground until that bug is fixed in the main sim.

There isn't a concrete schedule for new releases but we already have some updates/fixes done for the next release. Development can be followed on Github as its open sourced. We just need to get it to a releasable state and have some people test it thoroughly before we can officially release it. The Github link is in the first post.

Thanks for the answers guys, but it didnt work even taking off from Stennis at first. I did the same with the Su-33 and it works fine. But i figure out something trying landings on the kusnetzov with the A-4, that landing inside the zone of hook wires i did the landing ok. tryed that on Stennis and then it went ok. If i touch down before it to let it roll to the wires, then boom. Could it be the answer?

Edited by LCO489

Thanks for the answers guys, but it didnt work even taking off from Stennis at first. I did the same with the Su-33 and it works fine. But i figure out something trying landings on the kusnetzov with the A-4, that landing inside the zone of hook wires i did the landing ok. tryed that on Stennis and then it went ok. If i touch down before it to let it roll to the wires, then boom. Could it be the answer?

Hmm.. That seems like an unorthodox way of trapping the wires. I'll have to give it a try to find out how that works.

would you consider to make this AI to be part of DCS World?

have you tried to contact ED?

I have personally never contacted ED about it. I think the earlier team members might have but I'm not sure about the details. If making it AI would allow for MP compatibility then that would be awesome :)

I've updated my guide with a new section on navigation. It does a basic walkthrough of some of the navigation equipment, and the basics of navigating using the TACAN and Navigation Computer System.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit?usp=sharing

I also did a stream where I test/demonstrate the current implementation of the navigation system. Seem like doing a tutorial mission for it would be a good idea.

I've updated my guide with a new section on navigation. It does a basic walkthrough of some of the navigation equipment, and the basics of navigating using the TACAN and Navigation Computer System.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit?usp=sharing

I also did a stream where I test/demonstrate the current implementation of the navigation system. Seem like doing a tutorial mission for it would be a good idea.

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Hello! Have the A-4 Skyhawk up and running on DCS. LOVE IT! But . . . How does one get the aircraft carrier Stennis to practice carrier takeoffs and landings?!? Thanks in advance.

Use the Mission Editor, place the Stennis in the water and the A-4E on the Stennis. Or use the simple mission attached. :) Step on the brakes, as soon as the mission starts, else your A-4E will drift backwards.

Caucasus, A-4E on Stennis.miz

A 4 not showing in ME or instant action

I have the A4 (latest version A-4E-C.v1.3) installed like this:

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

It shows in the module manager but not in the game. I have had it running in the past. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled DCS for another issue and have not been able to get the A4 running since then.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Screen_190609_003946.thumb.png.b237eb0bf9089686a5b1006034a45406.png

Hi everyone,

We are aware that some of the 3d models are broken due to ED dropping support for older EDM formats (pre version 10). We're working to re-export the models with the latest exporter. We'll post an update when we have the new files ready. Thanks for your patience and support.

Buenos días, en la vista de cabina F1 del a4e , la pantalla parpadea constantemente, alguien tiene el mismo problema ?, ayer desinstalé el módulo y volví a instalarlo, pero no fué solución. gracias.

Buenos días, en la vista de cabina F1 del a4e , la pantalla parpadea constantemente, alguien tiene el mismo problema ?, ayer desinstalé el módulo y volví a instalarlo, pero no fué solución. gracias.

Translated: Good morning, in the F1 cabin view of the a4e, the screen constantly flashes, someone has the same problem? Yesterday I uninstalled the module and reinstalled it, but it was not a solution. Thank you.

I've never heard of this problem before. Can you take a video of that? The only glitching I know of is when you taxi onto the grass, you'll get a glitching effect. But that is due to how the sim handles the SFM model. Can't be fixed by us.

Good news. The updated models were done last night. Just need help with some testing before doing a public release. If anyone is available to help with testing then do drop by the discord channel to let us know.

https://discord.gg/tQZbkTQ

Good news. The updated models were done last night. Just need help with some testing before doing a public release. If anyone is available to help with testing then do drop by the discord channel to let us know.

https://discord.gg/tQZbkTQ

Excellent news heclak,the A-4E-C is an out of the box masterpiece,it's easily one of the best modules going,and it's FREE.

Kudos to you and your team Sir,you have done a sterling effort on this aircraft and you deserve all the credit that's going.

First Class thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home