Community A-4E-C

Question about this mod....

First, it's been fun! One of our squaddies adores this airplane and it's his favorite. Just made sure I had the latest build a while back

Problem....on the CV Stennis, doing 11 knots and one waypoint, the A-4E starts as "On Runway" but for some reason, despite all our efforts, none of us can hook up. Left ALT 1 gives no message as to how far we are from locking in.

I just went through the map we like to fly and I'm not spotting any obvious issues.

I tried changing from "on Runway" to "Parking Hot" to see if that was a problem. No change.

Any help appreciated! Thank you!

Question about this mod....

First, it's been fun! One of our squaddies adores this airplane and it's his favorite. Just made sure I had the latest build a while back

Problem....on the CV Stennis, doing 11 knots and one waypoint, the A-4E starts as "On Runway" but for some reason, despite all our efforts, none of us can hook up. Left ALT 1 gives no message as to how far we are from locking in.

I just went through the map we like to fly and I'm not spotting any obvious issues.

I tried changing from "on Runway" to "Parking Hot" to see if that was a problem. No change.

Any help appreciated! Thank you!

I confirm :)

Hello

in addition to the carrier drifting bug, we found a simmelar problem with the aircraft while in the air.

in the video you see a (human controlled) A-4 fly a carrier pattern. As it rolls out on the 180 you see the speed as low as 100kts with 9 to 10 AoA.

As the aircraft passes the 90 you see the airspeed quickly building up to 140kts while in the groove the AoA is arround 10 still.

A-4 empty with 30% fuel

hook down before the break

Gear down and flaps full at the start of the first 180 and the rest of the recording.

It seems like there is some flightmodel anomally going on.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

• 2 weeks later...

My new intro for the Scooter

:)

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

I have read the "readme" and followed all directions. The A4 file is in the "Mods"/"aircraft" folder (latest download 1.3), but I still can't get it to show up in DCS OpenBeta!!!

Latest release is version 1.3.1 and the ZIP-file can be downloaded here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v1.3.1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

norbot! That worked!!! :)

Great! Enjoy the A-4E! I think it's a really good mod. :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I decided to go back to the standard Comms Menu in Sim and use Voice Attack for a few number choices. Created mission for A4E to start on Ramp Hot. When I selected ATC, there was no options ie to Request Taxi etc. Any reason for this?

Cheers

Steve

No radio... you have permission to do whatever you want.

Yet, you can still call ground crew with the canopy open.

Good Afternoon Pilots,

Discussion of Donations or payment for unlicensed products is not allowed on the forums,

Thank You For your Cooperation.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Any additional work being done on this awesome plane?

Quite a long time since we heared anything from the developers. They must be on vacation. ;)