Community A-4E-C

actually it was put only recently on the First page, so people can stop asking/wondering. cause 50% of the questions revolve around either radio or guided ammunitions :)

and if anything changes you will know cause the moding forum would explode with threads about it

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

You guys made an air to ground radar while we're waiting for F/A-18C AG radar till monthes or more ?! You guys are awesome !!

Downloading right now :D

John "Kalon" H.

EDIT : too bad, just installed it on OpenBeta but can't find it in the planes menu at the main screen bottom :cry::cry::cry:

Hi John, it works for me as long as you put the "aircraft" folder from zip inside the right folder : ...\User\Saved games\DCS.OpenBeta\Mods\

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Curious if any work on the flight model on transition on Ground to air or air to ground ? Seems almost like its glitching or changing unrealistically to a flight mode as its lifts off the ground ?

Guessing this is a known issue ? Obviously we dont have the SDK to work with however I have not noticed it on the FrecceTricoloriVirtuali MB-339 another free mod.

Is this being looked at or addresses for the next update ?

Still loving the A-4 keep up the good work guys.

a4 > SFM (simple flight model)

mb339 > EFM (extended? external?...better..flight model)

External.

But yes. The flight model of the MB-339 has received a lot of work according the the release notes.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

G'day guys

Has there been any recant updates to this fantastic plane?

I'm working on packaging up the next version of the A-4E so that it can be released for beta and release. I'm doing these on my twitch stream so you can drop by if you have any questions.

https://twitch.tv/heclak

Curious if any work on the flight model on transition on Ground to air or air to ground ? Seems almost like its glitching or changing unrealistically to a flight mode as its lifts off the ground ?

Guessing this is a known issue ? Obviously we dont have the SDK to work with however I have not noticed it on the FrecceTricoloriVirtuali MB-339 another free mod.

Is this being looked at or addresses for the next update ?

Still loving the A-4 keep up the good work guys.

The MB-339 is using a different type of flight model (EFM) which works differently. We are limited by the things that we can do on SFM. SFM is really the work of ED so you'll need to ask them to do the fixes for the simulation instead.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the silence over the past months. I've had to be away due to some commitments. I'm trying to wrap up a release version right now so we can hopefully get all the new features into everyone's hands. I'm working on my Twitch stream so head on over to the stream to ask questions if you have any and to check what new features we have for the next release.

I'm working on packaging up the next version of the A-4E so that it can be released for beta and release. I'm doing these on my twitch stream so you can drop by if you have any questions.

https://twitch.tv/heclak

Thanks for the reply mate.:thumbup:

Thanks so much for all the hard work you have put in for us Scooter drivers :pilotfly:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've just published a beta version of v1.4. So once it gets the go-ahead from some testers, I'll compile it as a public release. Fingers crossed.

Here's the changelog so far. https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md

I've just published a beta version of v1.4. So once it gets the go-ahead from some testers, I'll compile it as a public release. Fingers crossed.

Here's the changelog so far. https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md

I went through the changelog. That's a lot of work! Thanks

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

wow, that's quite a list! thank you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Damn I wish I was as good a code guy as the crew behind this mod. SO hard to beleive it is free. All it is really missing is radio comms.

Just thinking here. Not comparing to RW. Israelies operated their modernized A-4s (unknown standard) into 1990's. Argentines have A-4AR which has NATO Link-16, F-16 radar and F-16 HOTAS bolted onto stick and throttle, similar to A-10C. Which means that Argie A-4AR could , carry LiteningII , and every weapon compatible with it and Link-16 bus. How could if we could have such a modernized A-4EC_M (my designation). An A-4 that carries pod on grafted starboard(right) chin, between right gearwell and center pylon. WIth ability to carry AIM-9M/X without HMD feature, JDAM, Mav-D/E/F/G/H. As awesome as having modern radar compatible with AIM-9X and AIM-120B/C/D would be in DCS: A-4EC_M, I get that it is too much work for free mod, so we can leave it out. DCS is best in air-ground (all weather), and daylight WVR ACM anyways. NVG would be nice also, but not a game stopper. Also, as awesome it would be having a CCIP pipper, it is not required for accurate visual bombing with MK series of munitions. Rocket aiming interface is already excellent. HIPEG gunpods are fantastic. Its like that GAU-8 failed experiment with GAU-8/A in a pod with 300 rounds mounted under F-16 in some ANG squadrons. USAF even redesignated those F-16A as A-16A. But pod shook the pylon and airframe apart, and project was cancelled. Russians ran into same problem when they podded AK-630 for Mig-27. The AK-630 pod shook so violently when fired, then pylon broke, internal components of Mig-27 came aprt. But I digress. In case of A-4 and HIPEG the system worked.

Thanks for the reply Heclak, I'll shoot ED a bug/feature request in transitions with the SFM. Was the EFM ever looked at to use or are you unable to work on the carrier with the EFM as opposed to taking the simple flight model route.

Thanks again for the updates! Will be looking forward to the push on git and all the upcoming Changes. Of all the paid modules I still find myself flying the A-4E quite often

... Israelies operated their modernized A-4s (unknown standard) into 1990's. ...

Israel had mostly A4E and A4H and two-seats trainers since 1967 after the 6-days war. In early 70s They were upgraded to be equivalent to American A4N, with some differences (e.g., 30 mm Defa cannons instead of the US 20mm).

The trainers doubled as EW platform carrying EW pods in support of other aircraft operations, with the pod operator in the back seat. The single seaters by the 80’s had the capability to act as porters and drop laser guided bombs on another plane’s mark. They also could carry decoy drones such as Delilah. Their avionics while improved during the long service did not add significant new capabilities.

They retired from service in 2015 - that is 48 years of service!

Such a cute little plane. The looks of one fully loaded with ordnance is so ridiculous that it is hard to believe it would get off the ground. Somehow it does :thumbup:

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!