Community A-4E-C

Heclak ,thank you for keep on improving the skyhawk,

when you select the skyhawk as an ai aircraft without pylons , the first pylon on the left wing still appears there, could you fix this on next update?

thank you!

Hi Archer! Thanks for bringing this up. I just fixed this for the next release. It’s coming soon!!

And yet another ARDU skin....

And friends.

All WIP.

92f2792566508966c0fd1f4abeb8989cd39703d7.jpg

82ad76207e0d5989ef5ff0115771437b7ae9015c.jpg

03aed0e343f22621c16c58d9590e4341ae3451e5.jpg

And just for fun.

1c333a22880524f694a740cf64c760d946041771.jpg

Beautiful work. There’s going to be an updated paint kit coming with v1.4 so keep a look out for that. Some additional surfaces were unwrapped and tweaked.

Beautiful work. There’s going to be an updated paint kit coming with v1.4 so keep a look out for that. Some additional surfaces were unwrapped and tweaked.

NICE! Thanks so much Heclak.

Outstandiong work, AND support!

We cant thank you enough...

Thanks for all your great work Heclak,

Looking forward to the new paint kit.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Damn, it sure looks nice to have all 3 aircraft on deck of the SC F-14/18 and A4. And actually, taking off and catching a wire works. Even being directed to the catapult works to the point until you are supposed to lower the launchbar. But if you go full power you are actually shot off with enough speed to successfully fly off the boat. Sure some work is required, but it might not be a total nightmare to get this fixed up in the future.

Oh, and one thing i noticed was that you need to either give a bit of power or push the brakes to not have the SC roll forward under you. I guess there is some new code on the naval aircraft to link them to the carriers that needed to be added to the mod as well.

Thanks a lot for this one!

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Damn, it sure looks nice to have all 3 aircraft on deck of the SC F-14/18 and A4. And actually, taking off and catching a wire works. Even being directed to the catapult works to the point until you are supposed to lower the launchbar. But if you go full power you are actually shot off with enough speed to successfully fly off the boat. Sure some work is required, but it might not be a total nightmare to get this fixed up in the future.

Oh, and one thing i noticed was that you need to either give a bit of power or push the brakes to not have the SC roll forward under you. I guess there is some new code on the naval aircraft to link them to the carriers that needed to be added to the mod as well.

I have been messing around a bit with the SC and the A-4E. Although the catapults are not working during the take off, I think the SC is a great improvement to the A-4E carrier operations. As the A-4E hasn't any kind of ICLS, landing in a carrier is very difficult (more in VR because it is hard to see clearly the bearing of the carrier or the ball).

With the aid of the stern lights and the director light panel, in VR it is a world easier to get this beauty safe on the deck.

It is a pity that the A4-E can't use the radio commands because, except that, the wheel chokes and the catapult, all the other stuff works fine.

Heclak, do you believe that adding a catapult launch and wheel chokes (as was done to the vanila) will be possible in the future?

I installed and flew the A-4 Skyhawk today and I can only praise the team for their wonderful work.

I bought a little server not long ago and I am currently planning some missions. I'd love to include the Skyhawk.

I have only two questions, though:

1-Yes, the radio is unavailable, but can players communicate normally using SRS? Haven't tried it yet.

2-In the server itself, does it show up as a "pure model" or should I un-click the "only pure models" limitation.

Thanks.

hola por favor tengo instalados estos mod y no los puedo volar dcs me los bloquea creo no aparacen para volarlos , ayuda gracias.

Seguramente lo instalaste en esta ubicacion:

...../dcs world/mods/aircraft/

Sacalo de ahi y lo tenes que meter en la siguiente carpeta (tene en cuenta q si no existe la carpeta mods la vas a tener que crear:

.... documentos/saved games/dcs/mods/aircraft

Confirma si te funciona, a mi me funciona lo mas bien.

saludos

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Thank you heclak for your great work !! I have tried 1.4 b11 with SC. Catapult does not work as you had mentioned, yet it DO take off from the SC deck !!

1. Hold W or analog brake when the mission starts to keep the aircraft from skid.

2. Press L-shift + U to tell the deck crew that you are going to launch.

3. Throttle up to the max then let off W or analog brake and there you go !!

The A-4E doesn't follow the SC code as we do not have access to the SC implementation. We are using our own custom code to implement a carrier launch. It is not part of the DCS code.

The lack of friction on the carrier is due to ED not having completed the implementation of carrier code for their SFM. No way that we can fix it, just need to keep stepping on the brakes like what real pilots have to do. Never let go of the brakes until the ground crew have the wheel chokes in place.

I have been messing around a bit with the SC and the A-4E. Although the catapults are not working during the take off, I think the SC is a great improvement to the A-4E carrier operations. As the A-4E hasn't any kind of ICLS, landing in a carrier is very difficult (more in VR because it is hard to see clearly the bearing of the carrier or the ball).

With the aid of the stern lights and the director light panel, in VR it is a world easier to get this beauty safe on the deck.

It is a pity that the A4-E can't use the radio commands because, except that, the wheel chokes and the catapult, all the other stuff works fine.

Heclak, do you believe that adding a catapult launch and wheel chokes (as was done to the vanila) will be possible in the future?

I actually think we had previously added ICLS for the Stennis in an earlier patch. I could be wrong. It uses the TACAN panel but it only works for the Stennis as that is the only carrier that we have access to.

Wheel chokes should work fine on the SC and the new catapult code which is still in beta (feedback from testers) should be working on the SC as well. We're working through a few more issues before putting out a stable release. We try to minimise game-breaking bugs in our stable releases.

I installed and flew the A-4 Skyhawk today and I can only praise the team for their wonderful work.

I bought a little server not long ago and I am currently planning some missions. I'd love to include the Skyhawk.

I have only two questions, though:

1-Yes, the radio is unavailable, but can players communicate normally using SRS? Haven't tried it yet.

2-In the server itself, does it show up as a "pure model" or should I un-click the "only pure models" limitation.

Thanks.

Yes. SRS works, SRS was patched to support the A-4 and we're looking to improve the integration further in the future.

Pure models was fine up till the latest patches. ED added some files which has the same names as our files which caused the A-4E to have IC issues now. We're fixing it with the upcoming patch.

Thank you heclak for your great work !! I have tried 1.4 b11 with SC. Catapult does not work as you had mentioned, yet it DO take off from the SC deck !!

1. Hold W or analog brake when the mission starts to keep the aircraft from skid.

2. Press L-shift + U to tell the deck crew that you are going to launch.

3. Throttle up to the max then let off W or analog brake and there you go !!

In the beta, you'll need to go to the A-4E options menu to turn off the catapult checks. The catapult checks only work for the Stennis at the moment. We've added a few interesting launch option in our custom A-4E catapult launch system.

We will probably never be able to integrate directly with SC as the SC integration code is not public.

That being said, I don't recommend anyone to use the beta except for feedback testing as there are still issues with it.

Thanks for keeping it going and improving it heclak!

With the P-47 out now, ED added their own an-m65. So the A-4 version now throws impure client errors when loading it on the 47 in MP.

Yes. That was brought to our attention. I've already patched that out and trying to push out our patch quickly so that we minimise the effect on the community. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I actually think we had previously added ICLS for the Stennis in an earlier patch. I could be wrong. It uses the TACAN panel but it only works for the Stennis as that is the only carrier that we have access to.

Wheel chokes should work fine on the SC and the new catapult code which is still in beta (feedback from testers) should be working on the SC as well. We're working through a few more issues before putting out a stable release. We try to minimise game-breaking bugs in our stable releases.

Thanks Heclak! I missed the ICLS/TACAN part on the last patches. I will try it.

Anyway, the "you'll need to go to the A-4E options menu to turn off the catapult checks" tip, do the trick for the launch with the catapult.

So, between the ICLS/TACAN feature, the new layer for the ball, the catapult launch working... the SC is working perfectly with the wonderfull A-4e you have build!! (except the part when the aircraft go through the carrier crew... but, as they are ghost for now, who cares ^_^)

You guys are the best of the best.

Wow, I totally missed this whole discussion. I was just trying to launch off the SC with the old version of the A-4E (1.3.1 I think)... and it worked - without the catapult. :) Skimmed the waves on take off, but made it - twice. :) Can't wait to try to the new version now. Thank you for your wonderful work, Heckak!! Your A-4E is truly one of the most enjoyable mods in DCS.

Hello, DCS pilots! I’m Heclak and I’m one of the Community A-4E developers. Plusnine and I would like to thank everyone in the community for your amazing support and your patience for the project. We love seeing your liveries, videos, screenshots, and posts for the Community A-4E. The last version of the plane garnered over 15,000 downloads, so we would like to first thank you for trying the module out! We would also like to thank the testers and other community members who have donated time and effort to test and give user feedback over the past few months on Discord: Your issues and bug confirmation and reproduction have been invaluable!.

Version 1.4 Update

Version 1.4 is available today and marks another milestone in the Community A-4E project. This new version brings a ton of fixes and new upgrades to the A-4E. There’s too much to get in with just one short video, but I will highlight some of the biggest changes since the last version and check out the video description for the link to the full changelog.

The external model is one of the featured changes in the 1.4 update. Improved roughmet maps for matte, semi-gloss, gloss and ultra-gloss finishes have been assigned across the existing and new paints for this aircraft. Several improvements to trouble spots on the exterior have been fixed, and new details added. If you produced liveries for previous releases, make sure you grab the updated paint kit and update your work. Several new liveries have been included in this release, as well.

The aircraft’s external and internal lighting has been completely revamped, and the refuelling probe light has been added. The aircraft’s taxi lights and headlamp lights now illuminate the surrounding area, and the cockpit lighting has been improved to remove cockpit glare and adds new effects, like this soft glow emanating from the radar screen.

Several panels in the cockpit have been remodeled and retextured to both be more accurate, and also easier to read and use. Some of the remodeled panels have not yet had their systems coded but finishing these models and animations are the first steps toward adding these features.

The aircraft’s systems are now more accurately simulated: the engine, hydraulics, and electrical systems have all had their dependencies reviewed for accuracy. This allows for better simulation of emergency procedures when the engine is damaged, or when the pilot’s fuel tanks are empty. You’ll need to know which systems can operate on emergency power to safely get your aircraft on the ground. As we improve the damage model and add visual feedback to it in future versions, this vital groundwork will become more visible and additional details to models and textures will be completed.

We’ve made some significant changes to make long-term missions on carriers easier for users. Once you are hooked in, you can cancel or launch, even if you aren’t perfectly aligned to the catapult. We’re still working to find ways we can improve the carrier launch experience.

Another significant change is a complete rewrite of the aircraft input bindings. In previous versions, many bindings were incorrect, unimplemented or had confusing or duplicate entries. We’ve gone through all bindings, cleaned them up, and added a host of new ones that allow you to use their favorite hardware to better control the A-4E. Thanks again to all the testers for helping us add and review all these new input options!

Updating Your A-4E Install

Because of all these changes to the inputs, if you’re upgrading from previous versions of the module, you will need to delete your old bindings before using the new version and rebind all the controls for the aircraft.

We weren’t able to address all the A-4E’s issues in this patch, but we are glad to have achieved what we have with our limited time and resources. Here are a few quality of life improvements to the module: a new navigation log page is available in the kneeboard, which lists the coordinates of the waypoints created in the mission editor. We’ve made compatibility fixes with the new rendering system in DCS World 2.5.6. New clickable interactions for the aircraft’s mirrors, and the ability to hide the control stick. You can now wear NVGs and fuel dumping has been enabled. A new set of default bindings for gamepads are included, as are a wider selection of quick-start missions across all of DCS World’s available maps.

Our New Project Page

Our new Project Page includes all the important information about this release, including the changelog, and upgrade and vital installation instructions. https://heclak.github.io/community-a4e-c/

What's Next

We’ve also begun developing tutorials and missions to include in future updates submitted by the community. If you’re interested in participating or think you have any other skills to offer the project, join the Community A-4E Discord server and introduce yourself!

For new and old users of the A-4E alike, I’ll be releasing videos that explain some of the systems of the aircraft, including some developer perspectives, and shine some light on the lesser-known functions of this aircraft. Make sure you subscribe to this channel to receive updates.

Thank you for your continued support, and enjoy version 1.4 of the Community A-4E. We’ll see you in the virtual skies!

Version 1.4 Changelog: Featured Items

- Updated carrier launch procedures to support more carriers (DCS:Supercarrier workarounds included)

- More catapult launch options. Configuration for catapult behavior added to module options in the DCS main menu. From the DCS World main menu, see Options > Special > A-4E-C

- Updated cockpit model, interior and exterior lighting

- Updated collision model, critical damage, and IR profile

- Improved systems modeling

- Added SRS functionality to radio

- Complete rewrite of inputs to accommodate additional input scenarios

- Updated and added new liveries and RoughMet maps

- Added new Instant Action missions

- Removed AN-30, AN-57, and AN-65 models and textures (official versions of these munitions are now provided by DCS World)

- Lots and lots of bug fixes

See full changelog

Edited by heclak

Wow, I totally missed this whole discussion. I was just trying to launch off the SC with the old version of the A-4E (1.3.1 I think)... and it worked - without the catapult. :) Skimmed the waves on take off, but made it - twice. :) Can't wait to try to the new version now. Thank you for your wonderful work, Heckak!! Your A-4E is truly one of the most enjoyable mods in DCS.

Get the updated v1.4 and there's a workaround included for launching on the SC. Disable the catapult checks and you'll be able to line up to the catapult yourself.