Community A-4E-C

Great job on the 1.4 update guys.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Just a noob question: How do I delete all bindings before upgrading to the new version? It there a select all option in the controls settings?:helpsmilie:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Just a noob question: How do I delete all bindings before upgrading to the new version? It there a select all option in the controls settings?:helpsmilie:

It’s in the installation instructions on the project page. It’s just deleting a folder in Explorer.

It’s in the installation instructions on the project page. It’s just deleting a folder in Explorer.

Ok, thanks Heclak. Great job!!! by the way.:thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Ok, I just went and removed all my input folder and the A4E mod folder and re-downloaded from the download latest version link on project page.

Stuck the stuff back where it goes in saved games folder alongside my MB339 mod and started DCS...but no A4E?

Hmmm...what have i not done here?

Ok, I just went and removed all my input folder and the A4E mod folder and re-downloaded from the download latest version link on project page.

Stuck the stuff back where it goes in saved games folder alongside my MB339 mod and started DCS...but no A4E?

Hmmm...what have i not done here?

Post your dcs.log

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Super impressed with your work. This is the best mods for DCS by far, and I'll be damned if it isn't better than the damned Hawk that I paid for by a mile.

1 request, even if it's just a model file with no additional working parts, please give us a TA-4J :)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, if this was already answered. Has A-4E-C any chance to get computed bombing modes, not only manual?

Intel Core i5 7600k, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070, SSD

VKB Gunfighter Mk. III + MCG PRO, Saitek X52PRO, Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

FC3, Fw 190D, P-51D, BS2, A-10C, F-86F, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV, UH-1H, Bf 109K-4, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B

heclak said:
Get the updated v1.4 and there's a workaround included for launching on the SC. Disable the catapult checks and you'll be able to line up to the catapult yourself.

Hello Heclak,

Thank you for all the work on this wonderful module. I downloaded and tried the 1.4.beta12 version the other day and came across a couple of bugs that I'm demonstrating in the video below. By now your team may have already fixed these issues. If not, I hope you do look into them because they detract from the gameplay. A short summary of the issues I found:

1. The plane explodes by itself occasionally. The first time it happened was when I was taxiing toward the number 4 catapult. I went over the lowered JBD, and the plane erupted in flames and blew up a second later. The second instance is demonstrated in the video. I hooked up to the cat and as it shot me forward the plane exploded at the end of the deck before it got into the air. Both times it wasn't due to crashing or anything - I was on deck.

2. There's some weird alignment issue (??) in the groove. I can start perfectly aligned, but then quickly end up misaligned to the right. It's almost as if the carrier is making a right turn or as if there's a crosswind coming from the left. This is only observed with the 1.4.b.12 version. The old 1.3 stable version works fine. So do the F-18 and F-14 when placed in the same mission. None of them exhibit any tendency to veer off - only the 1.4.b12 version of the A-4E-C.

Again, I'm reporting these issues not to diminish your efforts but to help you identify potential bugs that can be fixed (if they haven't been already). In all respects, this is an incredible effort and an excellent mod that I have been enjoying thoroughly.

Best wishes,

Doc

EDIT: I just downloaded and tried stable v.1.4. Both problems are still there for me: Took off fine, had to point left to keep aligned in the groove, trapped, then hooked up to the cat again. Down the track we go and ... BOOM. Great balls of fire... 🙂 I didn't record video this time, but I can try to recreate if you wish. My setup is as follows:

Intel i7 8700, 24GB RAM, NVidia 1080ti, VR with Rift S, DCS v.2.5.6 stable. I'm using the standard F-18 supercarrier takeoff mission and substituting different planes (A-4E v1.3 stable, v.1.4b12, v.1.4 stable, F-14, F-18 ) into it for testing. Hope this helps.

Edited by Doc3908

[Community A-4E] Update on the cockpit lighting issues in DCS World Open Beta

Hi fellow DCS pilots,

I would like to post a mini update addressing the lighting-related issues in the Community A-4E in the latest Open Beta of DCS World. I’m sure most of you who are using the Open Beta branch of the DCS World are aware of the light issue plaguing a number of modules, particularly lighting and annunciator elements in various modules. The Community A-4E is no exception. The annunciators on the glare shield and the caution panel are significantly harder to read in the sunlight.

Our preliminary analysis shows that the issue is plaguing 3D elements that are marked with the "transparent_self_illum" material property. This material type was used in the elements mentioned above in the A-4E. The rendering of elements tagged with this material property has changed in the recent OB patches and we are unsure if this is an intentional renderer change or if this is a rendering bug. If this is indeed a bug, we believe that an official patch for DCS is on its way so that everyone can experience the hard work of all the various DCS developers once again. For the benefit of community information, negating this issue in the A-4E would require switching the material property used to another which could achieve similar results and several texture updates to adapt to the requirements of the newly chosen material type. While this might not seem like an unachievable task, it does still require the time of the development team to code, repaint the textures and for testers to verify the changes.

As we are unsure if this is a temporary or permanent change, we do not wish to issue an official patch at the moment and only to roll it back next week. If this is indeed a temporary issue, this would be an unnecessary inconvenience placed on the users of the A-4E when some patience would have served us well. Not to mention that due to the mode of distribution available to use, each patch would involve the user to manually undertake several steps to have their A-4E installation kept up to date. We would, therefore, try to minimise the number of patches issued to reduce the opportunity for version disparities among users. This would also assist in managing the workload on the team and allow us to pursue more features instead of this constant task of rendering tweaks.

We hope this information would help provide more insight into the Community A-4E development process and we will keep you updated should there be more information to be made available.

Hi fellow DCS pilots,

I would like to post a mini update addressing the lighting-related issues in the Community A-4E in the latest Open Beta of DCS World. I’m sure most of you who are using the Open Beta branch of the DCS World are aware of the light issue plaguing a number of modules, particularly lighting and annunciator elements in various modules. The Community A-4E is no exception. The annunciators on the glare shield and the caution panel are significantly harder to read in the sunlight.

Our preliminary analysis shows that the issue is plaguing 3D elements that are marked with the "transparent_self_illum" material property. This material type was used in the elements mentioned above in the A-4E. The rendering of elements tagged with this material property has changed in the recent OB patches and we are unsure if this is an intentional renderer change or if this is a rendering bug. If this is indeed a bug, we believe that an official patch for DCS is on its way so that everyone can experience the hard work of all the various DCS developers once again. For the benefit of community information, negating this issue in the A-4E would require switching the material property used to another which could achieve similar results and several texture updates to adapt to the requirements of the newly chosen material type. While this might not seem like an unachievable task, it does still require the time of the development team to code, repaint the textures and for testers to verify the changes.

As we are unsure if this is a temporary or permanent change, we do not wish to issue an official patch at the moment and only to roll it back next week. If this is indeed a temporary issue, this would be an unnecessary inconvenience placed on the users of the A-4E when some patience would have served us well. Not to mention that due to the mode of distribution available to use, each patch would involve the user to manually undertake several steps to have their A-4E installation kept up to date. We would, therefore, try to minimise the number of patches issued to reduce the opportunity for version disparities among users. This would also assist in managing the workload on the team and allow us to pursue more features instead of this constant task of rendering tweaks.

We hope this information would help provide more insight into the Community A-4E development process and we will keep you updated should there be more information to be made available.

Sincerely thank you! What a great work, I think this module should come up with the su25T in DCS free version. So that every play can enjoy this fantastic plane. Also I hope you guys can improve the aerodynamic model next time.

Edited by madjackson

Amazing update, congratulations and thank you!!!

I followed clear procedures on the website, removing the bindings, the previous V1.3 and adding the new one. No problems at all on restart, but only thing I noticed is that the roll and pith sensibility (including standard Y saturation) are exaggerate compared to previous model more/less all other DCS jets I have.

Same thurstmaster A10 Hotas stick and throttle system I always used in the years.

Last Open Beta.

I had to make Y saturations on pitch and roll down to 50% (never did it so far) and even adding 30% of smooth around the center positions (exponential) of pitch and roll axis.

Otherwise I can fly the jet, but the with few mils of movement of the stick it rollsl like hell and also the pitch makes it so twitchy and instable, shaking and buffeting on command application as if the controll surface was really opening too much...

Looking with F2 makes clear the fact that with standard 100% stick throws the surfaces moves really a lot indeed.

Anyone else noticing/experiencing this? And maybe any suggestion about what I may have missed?

Thank you and congratulations againfor the new updated marvelous mod!!!

It's really surprise that ED update the API without notice or cooperation 3rd part / modders

I just simply only make skin, but I shouldn't be no more involved in ED, file anymore,

Even more scary, posting these issues on the forum is an attack by nerd FAN protecting ED.

Edited by lee1hy

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

It's really surprise that ED update the API without notice or cooperation 3rd part / modders

I just simply only make skin, but I shouldn't be no more involved in ED, file anymore,

Even more scary, posting these issues on the forum is an attack by nerd FAN protecting ED.

So in other words you suggest that ED should only make updates when all the 3rd parties and modders have adapted their modules and mods? In that case we would have updates once every five years... :doh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I've just tryed the A4 for first time! I definitly like it!

What i noticed:

1. shaking in the cockpit - would be great to have opportunity to adjust it in options!

2. gun fire is going above the central point of the default elevation of the grid - is it right?

3. there is no control indication right ctr+enter

Thank you for the tremendous work!

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber