Community A-4E-C

Install says:

- Delete your A4-E-C input settings by opening the following folder: `C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Input\A4-E-C`

- Delete the joystick, keyboard, mouse and trackir folders.

Should say

- Delete your A4-E-C input settings by opening the following folder: `C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A4-E-C`

- Delete the joystick, keyboard, mouse and trackir folders.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Cease and desist probably.......

hahahahaha:megalol::megalol:

I was gonna say

Don't get your hopes up as it's probably a C&D letter

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Is there subforum here (not github) for bug discussions? I think more people would discuss them here. Dedicate a bug forum to it here. This could weed out known issues before posting to the Github place.

I believe there's panel lighting bugs reminiscent of all the lightning bugs affecting a lot of DCS planes (Spitfire, Su-33 ...) also affects A-4E. The wheels warning light and the AoA lamps definitely display the same color error as the Spitfire LG lamps.

Differential wheel braking doesn't work. Braking one brakes both.

It explodes to easily on the carrier.

Controls Indicators doesn't work.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

ED Owning a License for the F/A-18C has nothing to do with another independent company wanting a license for an A-4E Skyhawk.

Licensing Fee is not the problem, if the team is not selling the product.

The Last developer that stated the A-4E was dropped due to license fee was because they planned to sell the product.

As for SDK, it is restricted to licensed development teams for a reason.

Beoing still owns all the rights to the A-4 Skyhawk,

The Lockheed Martin A4-AR is essentially an A-4M Upgraded w/ F-16 (Lockheed Martin) Avionics they were contracted to do the Upgrade, that's the only reason the A4-AR is referred to as Lockheed Martin Fighting Hawk.

With the A-4E's Level of Tech, the only thing the lack of SDK Access limits is Radios. Everything else can be done without it.

Actually, some weapons can't be added due to the lack of SDK, namely the Walleyes, the Mavericks and the Bullpups.

have crosswind rudder petals and i can't get the left/right wheel brakes to work on A4. when i press left or right toe brake, both brakes actuate.

Same.

Also. Snapview saving doesn't seem to stick. Have to redo every session.

Is there subforum here (not github) for bug discussions? I think more people would discuss them here. Dedicate a bug forum to it here. This could weed out known issues before posting to the Github place.

I believe there's panel lighting bugs reminiscent of all the lightning bugs affecting a lot of DCS planes (Spitfire, Su-33 ...) also affects A-4E. The wheels warning light and the AoA lamps definitely display the same color error as the Spitfire LG lamps.

Differential wheel braking doesn't work. Braking one brakes both.

It explodes to easily on the carrier.

Controls Indicators doesn't work.

Yeah, I gave up on the 1.4 version and reinstalled 1.3 back...

Also. Snapview saving doesn't seem to stick. Have to redo every session.

My Saved Games was corrupted. No snap views saved for any plane.

Wasn't there a plan for a USS Oriskany mod to complement the A-4?

Yes, the Oriskany was being planned back when Merker was part of the dev team. When Merker left due to personal reasons I think the dev team decided they wanted to focus on getting A-4E-C more complete and taking care of the bugs that came up or was placed on the fix list. Note this was all before DCS Super Carrier was even announced. I'm not sure what the overall plan is next for the Dev team other than guessing.

Wasn't there a plan for a USS Oriskany mod to complement the A-4?

I think M3 plans to make an Essex class for their F4U and F8J so hopefully the A-4 mod will work with that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think M3 plans to make an Essex class for their F4U and F8J so hopefully the A-4 mod will work with that.

M3's Essex will be in WW2 configuration:

UoO1hRL.jpg

d898ozO.jpg

mNRZvOc.jpg

42jOPiY.jpg

8IhI5aA.jpg

2j3t28L.jpg

... the Skyhawk flew from the updated Essex, with angled deck ... the Stennis would be a better fit:

wJrFnQH.jpg

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

... and speaking of the Stennis and the A4.

Sorry couldn't pass up the segue... Here is a link to a video that I made to showcase the A4 mod and some of things that you can do with it. This video (which features some video footage of the Stennis) is actually a review of some other videos I have been making that show the kinds of missions you can fly with the A4.

Take a look. I'd love some feedback. I'd also be happy to hear suggestions for the subjects of future videos.

Sorry couldn't pass up the segue... Here is a link to a video that I made to showcase the A4 mod and some of things that you can do with it.

You have very good videos, I’ve learned a lot of details from them .. could you do one about landing on the Stennis?

I can recover on the Hornet and on the Tomcat with no problem, but the A4E is being very hard on me ... I always explode when touching down :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Sorry couldn't pass up the segue... Here is a link to a video that I made to showcase the A4 mod and some of things that you can do with it. This video (which features some video footage of the Stennis) is actually a review of some other videos I have been making that show the kinds of missions you can fly with the A4.

Take a look. I'd love some feedback. I'd also be happy to hear suggestions for the subjects of future videos.

I really like your videos Sidekick, but as someone else suggested I think you need to hit CTRL+Y twice to kill the unit bar on your external shots, your great widescreen format is spoilt by the bar at the bottom of the viewing area.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hmmm... OK. I will think about that. The dirty little secret is that I use the time code on the screen to sync the video to the mission time line. I actually make several recordings of the mission and then cut them together. I can probably find another way to do that. Appreciate the feedback.

@Rudel_chw. Ok I will have to practice...

Oh .. no need, I don't want to intrude on your free time, just tought that it was only me having difficulty with the carrier recovery :( ... maybe it is harder than other aircrafts because of the SFM?

Oh .. no need, I don't want to intrude on your free time, just tought that it was only me having difficulty with the carrier recovery :( ... maybe it is harder than other aircrafts because of the SFM?
There seems to be an issue if one touches down too early on the deck. I found I'm most successful if I basically crash it down, yes really, after the first wire.

I made it my mission once to trap 10 in a row, which I managed after a couple of hours. I have a track and TacView somewhere. Don't remember how many traps/misses I got eventually, but quite a lot. I stopped when a got the 10th in a row, was quite tired at that point.

Just to be clear. No "recovery procedures". Just got it down.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk