Community A-4E-C

This one is great Sidekick, very cinematic

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I have looked in the manual and tried a few searches and I couldn't find an answer to this .. Is it possible to do a selective drop of external tanks in the A-4? If so how?

Yes, the procedure is:

Normal Release

1. Function selector switch ...... BOMBS & GM ARM

2. STATION select switches (as desired) .... READY

3. MASTER armament switch ..... ON

4. Bomb release button ....... .. DEPRESS

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ohjust tought that it was only me having difficulty with the carrier recovery :( ... maybe it is harder than other aircrafts because of the SFM?

It can be tricky, but if you can get the pattern as accurate as possible, it really helps with the landing. APC helps a lot if you're not using it, and a 75mil sight depression gives you a good aiming reference all the way around - top of the 50mil circle on upwind, dead centre horizon on downwind, put the caret on the crotch in the groove and walk it to the centreline abeam the IFLOLS for a 3 wire.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Enjoy. Would love to have feedback.

Just been through all your vids Sidekick and liked them all. +1 sub & bell, keep it up!

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

It can be tricky, but if you can get the pattern as accurate as possible, it really helps with the landing. APC helps a lot if you're not using it, and a 75mil sight depression gives you a good aiming reference all the way around - top of the 50mil circle on upwind, dead centre horizon on downwind, put the caret on the crotch in the groove and walk it to the centreline abeam the IFLOLS for a 3 wire.

Thanks for the tips ... I didnt want to use APC, as its use is a bit counterintuitive, but will try the sight depression tip .. I'm slowly improving, but still needs more practice :)

XHF2rtu.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I didnt want to use APC, as its use is a bit counterintuitive

If you do try it, I find the best time is as you're rolling out downwind. You're usually bringing the power up over 70% at that point after slowing to onspeed.

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Skyhawk Tips and Tricks Part 2

Here's the second installment of Skyhawk Tips and Tricks. This one covers the Iron Hand, Alpha Strike, and Snakeyes At Sunset videos. In it you can learn a bit about what is going on in the videos in terms of planning the mission, setting up the aircraft systems and weapons and flying the missions.

This installment looks at the Nav Computer, the dreaded terrain clearance radar and the AGM-45 Shrike missile, among other things.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

BTW - fun fact - the term "Alpha Strike" was used by the US Navy during the Vietnam era to denote large strike missions that involved multiple different strike packages and often dozens of aircraft.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I want to play a sim based in your videos. The thing most missing from DCS is that sense of 'game' that GS2000 and Red Baron had.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Interesting. I really appreciate the feedback.

One of the things that I wanted to do with these videos is to make them follow a "story-arc". Every mission follows the previous ones and leads to the next one. I do have a back-story in my mind while I am designing each mission. The challenge is to design each new "chapter" so that it is not only entertaining but also so that it allows me to show off some new aspect of the airplane or the game. I am glad that it seems to be working for you at least :-).

I would be quite happy to have some suggestions about where to take the story next. I have the next couple of missions basically blocked out, but after that, the page is blank right now.

Hi.

I'm having a problem with the EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY, It does not connect, I was trying a cold and dark start but the chief was not responding (the canopy was opened), no response in Caucasus and Nevada map, could you be so kind to give some light here?

Thank you.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Hi.

I'm having a problem with the EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY, It does not connect

Are you parked at an airfield/carrier ramp? Start services aren't available everywhere. Is the engine off?

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Weasel Gone Wild

Here's another installment of the Haiphong Harbour videos. Enjoy.

Let me know if you are enjoying them and spread the word if you are.

I hope they are doing a good job of showing just how much fun it is to Scooter around in DCS.

Here's another installment of the Haiphong Harbour videos. Enjoy.

Let me know if you are enjoying them and spread the word if you are.

I hope they are doing a good job of showing just how much fun it is to Scooter around in DCS.

These are excellent vids! I enjoyed watching :thumbup:

I really wish the A4E was made official so we could fly it in multiplayer like the cold war server.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Yes, the procedure is:

Normal Release

1. Function selector switch ...... BOMBS & GM ARM

2. STATION select switches (as desired) .... READY

3. MASTER armament switch ..... ON

4. Bomb release button ....... .. DEPRESS

So i tried this and no release. It will drop bombs but not the drop tanks

I just tried this and ext tank button registers as empty but the tanks don`t drop however if emergency drop is selected you can drop one at a time which is a bit slow. (Btw love this little plane good job guys0 it really got me back into DCS

Edited by Rahband

Can anyone confirm for me that the A-4E-C Radar is appearing as a U contact on the RWR for the next release of my threat summary/Fence Checks? or is the ground radar not registering on the RWR? Trying to speed up my dev time by not having to set all these things up in the Mission editor

cw1.png

Cheers. I feel like it should, but will leave it without an RWR symbol for the moment.

cw1.png

that is an issue of the SFM.

happens when you airstart. If you TO from the carrier and land, its not happening

Are you sure about this? I have not seen it reported on the bug tracker :(

Is anyone else experiencing this bug where on carrier landing if you catch the wire your nose wheel collapses and your engine catches fire? I only experience this if I catch the wire, bolters and land landings are fine.

Yes, it happens to me too :cry: