Community A-4E-C

See what happens when you put 3 factories, 24 Skyhawks, over 50 AAA guns, two dozen Mk. 83 bombs and a couple hundred Zuni rockets together and shake vigorously

ZAY4d8JMFJ4

That is some awesome work. Wish I was that accurate with bombs in the skyhawk. Manual Bomb delivery a real challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just loaded the A4 to the latest update & have a question if anbody can help

I see in the Control Bindings some Speed Hold Commands (under the category Modes) but I haven't been able to find any reference to an "in flight" AutoThrottle as opposed to the APC.

Does such a control exist in the A4 or do these controls not do anything?

Any help would be much appreciated

This is gonna sound really stupid, and yes.... I've tried searching. Nosewheel steering? How to turn on/off?

It doesn't have operative its on/off switch ... so, it's always on. Hopefully, once the developers finish its revamping of the flight model it will be added.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It doesn't have operative its on/off switch ... so, it's always on. Hopefully, once the developers finish its revamping of the flight model it will be added.

Lol, I literally cannot steer my plane on the ground though... I can go in a straight line though, haha!

*Edit - Nvrmmd... I am a bit slow today apparently. Thanks!

Lol, I literally cannot steer my plane on the ground though... I can go in a straight line though, haha!

Strange .. the nosewheel steering works just fine for me .. maybe its an issue with your Hotas controls:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Anything advanced is probably not going to happen, because its locked behind the SDK. However, a simple aggressor A-4M (without anything fancy like most guided munitions or a targeting pod) would likely be possible if you wanted to give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, I love this beautiful Mod. Thank you for all of your hard work and continued dedication.

Does the portable tacan stations ED recently added not work with the A-4E? I have verified they do work with my other ED aircraft, so I know that I'm using them correctly in the mission editor, but have tried numerous times to get the A-4E to pick up the portable tacan stations with zero luck. Normal tacan stations on the map and carriers work, but not the portable tacan station. Just to be clear, this is the ED portable tacan station, not a mod. 

On 11/24/2020 at 2:31 PM, exhausted said:

Plans for an A-4M or OA-4M? ARBS and fac capability would be A MAZ ING

Ummmm..... YAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

When I try to set the Lat/Long for the destination or present position, I have to hold down the mouse button and then use the mouse wheel to change the numbers.  Is that correct?  If so, this is not easy to do.  I have tried to use key commands with a button box, but that does not seem to move the dials.  Any thoughts?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

19 hours ago, =DROOPY= said:

Ummmm..... YAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

it took several years of work for a generous team of members of this community, to develop this A-4E ... why don’t we simply enjoy flying it, instead of requesting more work to  be done just to fly another version? 

53 minutes ago, sobe said:

... I have tried to use key commands with a button box, but that does not seem to move the dials.  Any thoughts?

it’s a bug, and its already reported:

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues/231

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

it took several years of work for a generous team of members of this community, to develop this A-4E ... why don’t we simply enjoy flying it, instead of requesting more work to  be done just to fly another version.

Hey Mate! 😁 My apologies... I was just voicing my enthusiasm for an aircraft that I fell in love with during my childhood.

I truly didn't mean to offend. No need to start any of that rubbish right?

I am absolutely *not. at. all.*  ungrateful for the A-4E... It's a fantastic mod.🤙

I hope you are safe and well! Please tell the wife and daughter I said 'Hello!' Cheers!!

Edited by =DROOPY=

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9

Ive been getting lots of game crashes recently. I've been going through the log files and have posted on other mod posts about errors relating to particular mods. I've started loading DCS and reviewing the log without going into a mission to try and narrow down any errors. My log shows the following sound path errors. are there any current bugs or something I need to do to clear these errors or do thy relate to something else other than the A4 mod?. I have the latest version of the A4 installed.

2020-12-15 13:52:56.674 INFO    SOUND: Added sound path: C:\Users\geoff\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/A-4E-C/Sounds
2020-12-15 13:52:56.677 ERROR   SOUND: can't open proto file "/sounds/35/sdef/a4e-carriercatapult_in.sdef"
2020-12-15 13:52:56.677 ERROR   SOUND: failed to load sdef A4E-CarrierCatapult_In referenced in /sounds/35/sdef/aircrafts/a-4e-c/a4e-carrierlaunchbardisconnect.sdef
2020-12-15 13:52:56.681 ERROR   SOUND: can't open proto file "/sounds/35/sdef/a4e-carriercatapult_in.sdef"
2020-12-15 13:52:56.681 ERROR   SOUND: failed to load sdef A4E-CarrierCatapult_In referenced in /sounds/35/sdef/aircrafts/a-4e-c/a4e-carriercatapulttakeoff_in.sdef

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, archer86 said:

There is still EFM silence here🤔

this is a community work, nothing stopping you from step up and Actively help with the development, so that it gets finished sooner.