Community A-4E-C

10 hours ago, JNelson said:

This must be something to do with your setup, as in the EFM code all that is ever received is 0-100% signal. Unless I fully come off my pedals then it jumps to -100%

Then the code is doing it wrong, simply put. My Windows control panel registers the axis movement completely, DCS registers the axis movement completely, but only the A-4E-C does register just the upper half of it. I tried different axes, devices, with and without UJR, it's literally acting the same in any condition.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

28 minutes ago, Eldur said:

Then the code is doing it wrong, simply put. My Windows control panel registers the axis movement completely, DCS registers the axis movement completely, but only the A-4E-C does register just the upper half of it. I tried different axes, devices, with and without UJR, it's literally acting the same in any condition.

You are right, somewhere my axis calibration got screwed up. For some reason in DCS it was mapping my pedals perfectly from 0% to 100% instead of -100% to 100%.

I'll commit a change tonight if you wish to get the fix. If you don't want to get it from the repo then it will be in the next beta. Thank you for spotting this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, that's good info but I did know that.  I think I'm phrasing the question badly.  So I have the latest version of the A4 (2.0 beta 2) installed. Mechanically in the game, from a cold start on instant action in the caucuses, how do I call for ground power?  The option isn't in the comms menu like it used to be for me.

Edited by wereferret

Just now, wereferret said:

Thanks, that's good info but I did know that.  I think I'm phrasing the question badly.  So I have the latest version of the A4 (2.0 beta 2) installed. Mechanically in the game, from a cold start on instant action in the caucuses, how do I call for ground power?  The option isn't in the comms menu.

Yes, it is:

l07RD0W.jpg

... maybe you have Easy Comms activated on DCS Options menu?  

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hace 22 horas, JNelson dijo:

AFCS Engage means you have the autopilot enabled.

This will be default to AFCS Attitude mode, where it will hold the pitch and roll for when it was turned on. If you move the stick from centre (2lbs in the manual) more than 3% (15% by default for FFB sticks) it will go into CSS mode. In CSS mode the AFCS will trim for g. Once the stick is returned to centre it will drop back into attitude mode.

If you force the AFCS to disengage while it is trying to roll it will disengage with that trim setting, this is a discontinuity because this is a flight sim, in reality the stick would be in your hand so this would not be an issue but in game this presents as suddenly rolling. I've mitigated some of this by making the AFCS reset the aileron trim if you disengage it by doing more than 50%, but it does not reset for +4 or -1.5 g disconnects.

Thanks for your answer Nelson and for your effort in this great module.

I can send you the tacview of some flights for check if you want. 

The manual warns that the AFCS must be disconnected when making abrupt maneuvers or entering combat. Maybe for this? 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

7 hours ago, JNelson said:

You are right, somewhere my axis calibration got screwed up. For some reason in DCS it was mapping my pedals perfectly from 0% to 100% instead of -100% to 100%.

I'll commit a change tonight if you wish to get the fix. If you don't want to get it from the repo then it will be in the next beta. Thank you for spotting this one.

Oh, great - thanks! Almost thought I was wrong somehow, but I'm glad we sorted this out, improving the awesome mod even further awesome.png

I just need to know how to update the install from the repo then, but I guess it comes down to replacing certaing files fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

4 hours ago, Eldur said:

Oh, great - thanks! Almost thought I was wrong somehow, but I'm glad we sorted this out, improving the awesome mod even further awesome.png

I just need to know how to update the install from the repo then, but I guess it comes down to replacing certaing files fsgrin.png

image.png

Make sure you are on the develop branch. Then click code and click download zip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kinda weird to see the indexer showing the AoA a little low while the LSO is saying "You're a little slow" - I mean, flying the amber donut would make you even more slow. Probably he still is "tuned" for the Hornet. Anyway, was nice to watch the landings while I still struggle to stay on-speed properly when approaching land bases. The thing really loves to ballon if you don't correct the throttle just about right. There's a lot of delay in between the input and RPM change and the actual attitude change, really something to master here. The Hornet feels like a child's toy compared to that as it's much more responsive even with the weird Jumo 004ish spool times awesome.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

2 hours ago, joey45 said:

He dose say 'hornet ball' so I guess the LSO thinks it's a hornet.

2 hours ago, Eldur said:

Kinda weird to see the indexer showing the AoA a little low while the LSO is saying "You're a little slow" - I mean, flying the amber donut would make you even more slow. Probably he still is "tuned" for the Hornet. Anyway, was nice to watch the landings while I still struggle to stay on-speed properly when approaching land bases. The thing really loves to ballon if you don't correct the throttle just about right. There's a lot of delay in between the input and RPM change and the actual attitude change, really something to master here. The Hornet feels like a child's toy compared to that as it's much more responsive even with the weird Jumo 004ish spool times awesome.png

This is actually the same with all modules at the moment. The LSO is calibrated for the hornet's speed/aoa.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Hi! I've tried updating to the 2.0 version, but now I have no cockpit and the plane is flown by AI. Is there any fix for this?

check the install instructions, looks like you placed the mod in the wrong folder.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Got a problem.  Downloaded the new v2.0 beta-1 version, deleted my past version and the past input file and installed the new version. It shows up on the top page. I can load it in the mission editor after I set up my controls. However when I go into the mission it just gives me a screen of the map. It is like it can't find the aircraft. I've tried this twice with the same results. I've set up a completely new mission with the same results. I got out of DCS, deleted the aircraft file and input and reinstalled...same result. What am I missing?

29 minutes ago, Speedbrake said:

... What am I missing?

did you try what was suggested two posts above yours?

2 minutes ago, Speedbrake said:

Already have C++ installed.

ok, then I’m out of ideas as you seem to have everything fine.