Community A-4E-C

On 3/11/2021 at 1:19 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Oh Dear Lord Almighty Father in Heaven. A-4EC is the quickest rolling type in DCS. Is the real A-4E empty with guns only and 50 % fuel, rolls so fast?  Thats insane.

Its the only type in DCS that gives GLOC during roll. Not barrel roll. Just straight aileron roll. Real A-4E is a max 7G airframe , correct?

I worked on these. Had a pilot tell me that they were limited to 2 revolutions in aleron roll or they would not be able to recover from it.

• Like 1

@bC3660 the pic doesn’t show up at my end.

I did VX-4 a while back

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306608/

edit: just found a photo, I could give it a go as well. I’ll see how I go this week.

Edited by Helles Belle
  • Like 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Great mod! - just downloaded it and really start to enjoy it.

But I seem not to be able to tune into the carrier frequency and e.g. call "inbound": The menu-items remain greyed out (via the comms.-menu: "\"  //   "#" I am using a German keyboard layout, so "#" it is for me).

When starting the same flight in my Tomcat or Hornet, all works well.

Is this functionality not yet implemented or am I doing something wrong?  😀

Many thanks in advance!

Screen_210314_164806.png

Edited by Vettefan
Picture added

2 hours ago, Vettefan said:

But I seem not to be able to tune into the carrier frequency and e.g. call "inbound": The menu-items remain greyed out (via the comms.-menu: "\"  //   "#" I am using a German keyboard layout, so "#" it is for me).

Many thanks in advance!

Screen_210314_164806.png

I found a work around in one of the videos by Grim Reapers by pre-setting the frequencies in the Mission Editor for plane and carrier (for me to 305.000) and now it works all well.

Cheers

3 hours ago, bC3660 said:

Yes this is one of the planes I worked on in the Navy!!

Excellent, I’ll do that one if you like?

I’ll try and get a start this week.

You’ve also answered my question of NAVY or MARINES.

Do you happen to know or have a picture of what the black rectangle is between the canopy and RESCUE marking on the nose?

image.jpeg

Any ideas on what the numbers on the flaps looked like?

410e72614fa501f88535a537cc381872556e5dfb

• Like 1

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, Vettefan said:

Many thanks in advance!

Screen_210314_164806.png

Did you turn the radio on?

1 hour ago, JNelson said:

Did you turn the radio on?

Yes, but I am not able to select my "standard" carrier frequency 127,500 in the radio. Checked that also later in the Mission Editor as a pre-set frequency for the A-4 and it returned an "invalid frequency" error (but only for the A-4E! - my Tomcat and Hornet still allow for 127,500...).

When I now set my carrier frequency to e.g. 300,000 and do the same as a pre-set frequency in the plane, it works all fine and I can communicate with the carrier!  

4 minutes ago, Vettefan said:

Yes, but I am not able to select my "standard" carrier frequency 127,500 in the radio. Checked that also later in the Mission Editor as a pre-set frequency for the A-4 and it returned an "invalid frequency" error (but only for the A-4E! - my Tomcat and Hornet still allow for 127,500...).

When I now set my carrier frequency to e.g. 300,000 and do the same as a pre-set frequency in the plane, it works all fine and I can communicate with the carrier!  

Yea that's because the Hornet has a V/UHF radio. The A-4 does not have a VHF radio only a UHF radio.

• Like 2

I find the Mk.77 "explodes" like a regular bomb. Should it work this way, or is it the limitation of the current DCS?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:29 PM, Helles Belle said:

Excellent, I’ll do that one if you like?

I’ll try and get a start this week.

You’ve also answered my question of NAVY or MARINES.

Do you happen to know or have a picture of what the black rectangle is between the canopy and RESCUE marking on the nose?

I think its the navy meritorious unit commendation ribon

Navy_Meritorious_Unit_Commendation_ribbon.svg

Love this little bird....and kudos for making this a flyable free addition, but what's the secret to the lights working?  I've owned every inception of this module but cant figure out to turn nav lights or flash beacons on or off....Buttons are clickable but nothing happens, only interior lighting.🤔

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

4 minutes ago, 99th_Swivet said:

Love this little bird....and kudos for making this a flyable free addition, but what's the secret to the lights working?  I've owned every inception of this module but cant figure out to turn nav lights or flash beacons on or off....Buttons are clickable but nothing happens, only interior lighting.🤔

look for the "Lights Master Switch" in the control bindings. It's similar to the 18 and 10 in that it has a switch to quickly turn on/off the lights.

Edited by Repth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Repth said:

look for the Lights master switch in the control bindings. It's similar to the 18 and 10 in that it has a switch to quickly turn on/off the lights.

ahhh great........thank you!

• Like 1

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

@bC3660 and all, should be approved for download in the next 24 hours

593bb773f54fe2f6dbe0dbc9765511a7d0810e4e

1e794707a7becdaf846a7a76c43fba1cd6a6963c

• Like 8

image.jpeg

Some early thoughts (2.0 Beta-2), not a pilot so cannot comment of the EFM:

1. It is a fun plane to fly, and yes, I can get myself into a spin! Yay!
  2. Light, responsive but surprising weapon capacity.
  3. Not as easy to learn than then MB-339 but not too hard, but yet to get into NAV and radar.
  4. The engine response is slightly better than F/A-18C, no as powerful though.
  5. Great low-level handling, but feeling "fast enough".
  6. Crazy roll rate, fun to fly around and in dogfight, but a pain to line-up for ground attack runs.
  7. A few issues here and there -- like the radar altimeter knob is very hard to turn counterclockwise.
  8. Surprisingly easy to land on a runway, than F/A-18C i.e.

Edited by VRPiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• Like 5

image.jpeg

Having a repeated problem in the start-up sequence. It refuses to disconnect the electric power when I make the request. The engine is spooled up and everything but it just won't follow the command afterwards. The nosewheel steering switch is also not working.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

47 minutes ago, CarbonFox said:

Having a repeated problem in the start-up sequence. It refuses to disconnect the electric power when I make the request. The engine is spooled up and everything but it just won't follow the command afterwards. The nosewheel steering switch is also not working.

You have to open the canopy before asking to disconnect ground power. For NWS, you need to keep whatever button you mapped pressed while doing turns.

• Like 2