Community A-4E-C

Hi,
I can't seem to bind the A-4's (v.2) hook up/down action to my Warthog. The configuration utility makes the assignments to the appropriate throttle switches, but the switches do nothing. Tried different switches - same result. Even tried the stick and still no-go. I have a similar problem with the master-arm switch. Everything else (LG, flaps, spoilers, etc.) binds and works just fine. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else tried to bind the hook to a switch?
Thanks,
Doc

By the way, it would be nice if there was a toggle for the hook (like there is for the LG). Otherwise you need either a 3-way switch or two separate switches for the hook-up and the hook-down. 
There are DIY ways to edit the Lua to make this works.
Have a look in the T-45 mod thread where some has put some examples. I'm trying to learn his to myself.
Search for@LeCuvier's guide in the forum.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

You will find the tutorial here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/270080-lua-editing-for-additional-key-binds-tutorial-no-discussion-here-please/?tab=comments#comment-4646929

However I tried the tailhook UP/DOWN command and it works fine here. I just downloaded the A4 files and created the main bindings plus tail hook. All bindings work fine.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

You will find the tutorial here: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/270080-lua-editing-for-additional-key-binds-tutorial-no-discussion-here-please/?tab=comments#comment-4646929
However I tried the tailhook UP/DOWN command and it works fine here. I just downloaded the A4 files and created the main bindings plus tail hook. All bindings work fine.

Would you like to share your changes?
Maybe the team can even add them to the next build?
Cheers!

4 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

Hi,

I can't seem to bind the A-4's (v.2) hook up/down action to my Warthog. The configuration utility makes the assignments to the appropriate throttle switches, but the switches do nothing. Tried different switches - same result. Even tried the stick and still no-go. I have a similar problem with the master-arm switch. Everything else (LG, flaps, spoilers, etc.) binds and works just fine. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else tried to bind the hook to a switch?

Thanks,

Doc

By the way, it would be nice if there was a toggle for the hook (like there is for the LG). Otherwise you need either a 3-way switch or two separate switches for the hook-up and the hook-down. 

What version? I believe this was fixed in beta-2 or beta-3.

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Would you like to share your changes? emoji6.png
Maybe the team can even add them to the next build? emoji4.png
Cheers!

They downloaded the latest beta, this was already fixed a couple of months ago I think.

• Like 1

Good morning all,
I have a special request for two skins of this beautiful plane.
These two decorations are in particular A4 because their pilots managed to
achieve a victory in flight by destroying the Migs with their rockets.

Thanks again to the creators of the Skyhawk A4.

The first is the
Unit A-4H: 109 tajeset "The Valley", series IDF / AF: 03 (03109) Israel, in 1970.

On May 12, 1970, Major Ezra "Baban" Dotan (also known as "M.Skyhawk") shot down two Syrian MiG-17s.
The first MiG was shot down by air-to-ground rocket bursts, the second by bursts of 20mm guns.
At that time, the Israeli Skyhawks were not equipped with an air-to-air mode sight.

The No. 03 aircraft of "The Valley" squadron was lost on October 18, 1973, the pilot was recovered.

mi2j.jpg

ivmv.jpg

Réf:
http://www.cieldegloire.com/016_dotan_e.php

The second is the Douglas A-4C Skyhawk 148609 c / n 12802 was delivered to VA-64 in 1961.
After spending time with VA-64 and VA72, # 148609 was assigned to VA-76 "Spirits" in 1964 as NP-685.

The VA-76 was deployed to Vietnam aboard the USS Bon Homme Richard when on May 1, 1967, during a sortie against
Kép air base, LCDR Ted "TR" Swartz flying on No. 148609 shot down a MiG-17 over northern Vietnam
with an unguided Zuni missile, making it the only time a Skyhawk has achieved an air-to-air victory in the Vietnam War.
Lieutenant Commander Swartz received the Silver Star for his action.

ihl9.jpg

w6dz.jpg

8h6t.jpg

Réf:
https://www.flying-tigers.co.uk/2017/douglas-a-4-skyhawk-mig-25-foxbat-update-and-hobbymaster-latest-photos-and-offers/

Edited by Pappy2

Hello everyone. This is a beta release for testing, and is expected to be the final beta before we start looking at a full 2.0 release candidate build. This is the fourth beta release for the EFM. Included is a hefty changelog, including some long-requested fixes. Thank you for all your continued work testing and troubleshooting! See the full list of changes and download the package at the following URL:
https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta-4

As always, please continue to report issues, unexpected behaviours or important feature requests to the issue tracker at:
https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues

Edited by JNelson
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for your continuous work!!!! This thing is Amazing!!!

You know our entire squad is based on the A-4...

Thank you so much for this brilliant piece of art!!!

Edited by Baco
contentious WRONG (auto correct), ment continuous... LOL
  • Like 3

• ED Team
2 hours ago, mechanick29 said:

I have the exact same issue but I'm using the normal version.

Do you have Su-30 mod? If so then canopy_glass.dds can cause conflict. I deleted this file in Su-30 mod folder and both work fine.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, mechanick29 said:

I do have the Su-30 mod, but i don't want to remove it.

he said to remove just a file, not the whole Mod.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I like the new engine sound in the Beta-4, and new keys to bind. But at first, my profiles for joystick and throttle are all wrong. Fortunately, I note down the mapping on a spreadsheet and it is fine now. I still notice the fuel pump warning when I am in active pause.

Thanks for the update.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

I like the new engine sound in the Beta-4, and new keys to bind. But at first, my profiles for joystick and throttle are all wrong. Fortunately, I note down the mapping on a spreadsheet and it is fine now. I still notice the fuel pump warning when I am in active pause.

Thanks for the update.

Yea the fuel pump thing in active pause is strange, haven't looked at it yet though since it's quite low priority for the moment.

I reported this for beta-3 and looks like it is not yet fixed. Can wait

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

20 hours ago, Baco said:

if you increase throttle the light goes away, so it might have something to do with fuel flow.

They are referring to the defect where you use active pause and the engine will shut down.

The fuel trans light coming on at low RPM is correct/realistic behaviour this is because the bleed air from the engine is not strong enough to power the wing transfer pump so the pressure is reduced, indicated by the light. This light will also come on when the wing tank is empty since there is no pump pressure.

• Like 2

Hello to all.

I am having trouble keeping my updated keyboard and joystick profiles with these new releases of the A-4.

I setup my TFlightX and my keyboard and then use the 'save profile as' for each, but they will not save.

After i input the name that i want to use and hit 'ok' the save file dialog jumps to the upper dir ../config/input and then i can either hit ok or cancel.  either way, nothing is being saved.

I have re-installed dcs-openbeta, and the mod.  i have run dcs as admin.  and still am having this strange behavior.

other mods that i have added, like the F-105 D and G, F-104 etc are all saving OK and as expected.

Any idea as to what i might be doing wrong????

Thanks for any help / ideas and also thanks for this great mod.....

Hello to all.
I am having trouble keeping my updated keyboard and joystick profiles with these new releases of the A-4.
I setup my TFlightX and my keyboard and then use the 'save profile as' for each, but they will not save.

After i input the name that i want to use and hit 'ok' the save file dialog jumps to the upper dir ../config/input and then i can either hit ok or cancel.  either way, nothing is being saved.
I have re-installed dcs-openbeta, and the mod.  i have run dcs as admin.  and still am having this strange behavior.

other mods that i have added, like the F-105 D and G, F-104 etc are all saving OK and as expected.

Any idea as to what i might be doing wrong????

Thanks for any help / ideas and also thanks for this great mod.....
When you press "OK", you actually save it. "Save as" etc. are only for backup purposed. Did you upgrade the module without deleting the settings in your "Saved Games" folder?
Cheers!