Community A-4E-C

4 minutes ago, Copprhead said:

Because the real aircraft doesn't have it

Huh... I was certain the E model had it, though. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to deal with it somehow. Thanks for the response.
By the way, are you finding the differential braking is unusable/broken, by any chance? Because I can't steer the jet on the ground without the A4 either not going at all, wanting to pull to the right constantly, or overshooting when it finally does go left. I've set left wheel brake to the left stick button on my controller and the right one to the right stick button, and they do (at least, visually) only apply braking to the correct side when I have the buttons depressed, but I still get that squirrely result.

1 hour ago, SomethingAncient said:

By the way, are you finding the differential braking is unusable/broken, by any chance?

No, it works for me, but I do have actual toe brakes on my rig. Here is a video of a taxi training mission of mine, where you can see how it woks:

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

16 hours ago, Steve16_11 said:

Does anybody know what may be causing this, alongside issues with mapping controls like thrust? 

20211203214047_1.jpg

This happens if you don't follow the installation instructions correctly.

6 hours ago, SomethingAncient said:

Huh... I was certain the E model had it, though. Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to deal with it somehow. Thanks for the response.
By the way, are you finding the differential braking is unusable/broken, by any chance? Because I can't steer the jet on the ground without the A4 either not going at all, wanting to pull to the right constantly, or overshooting when it finally does go left. I've set left wheel brake to the left stick button on my controller and the right one to the right stick button, and they do (at least, visually) only apply braking to the correct side when I have the buttons depressed, but I still get that squirrely result.

The wheels will lock up if you are going much over walking speed. This should be improved on RC3 they will lock up around 75% (use controls indicator to see) you can tap the brakes in RC3 to keep them around the same point.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 7:29 AM, SomethingAncient said:

So, in my experience so far, only the AIM 9b ever finds a lock for air-to-air (against a MiG-21). Is that normal for this stage of the mod?
Also, any tips on preventing the aircraft from suddenly whipping around (perfect yaw rotation) and flying backwards for a bit? That tends to cause the aircraft to drop and I'd prefer to stay in the air. 😛

I'm also occasionally experiencing sudden loss of speed when diving (and it's not just the aircraft over-speeding and making the speedo look like it's slow, I actually start falling slower).

Basically, to anyone who knows the flight characteristics, is that normal? I started out being able to consistently keep a one circle with the MiGs, but now the A4 randomly breaks the physics without any consistent feedback. Maybe I'm just a bad pilot, but I find it strange that the more experience I get the weirder the things happen. No, I'm not demanding an instant fix. I just want to know where I went wrong or if this is normal for the mod at this stage.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this/help me out.

Do you have any other mods installed? Also if you are diving are you sure you aren't just hitting the mach drag?

17 hours ago, SomethingAncient said:

I do find the nose wheel pivots according to steering and reversal is not instant. Keeping rolling, avoid sharp turns, and allow some room for reversal.

It can get scary with the deck edge near and the caster a mind of its own.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:36 AM, Rudel_chw said:

No, it works for me, but I do have actual toe brakes on my rig. Here is a video of a taxi training mission of mine, where you can see how it woks:

Thank you for the video. 8:48 was what I was looking for. Unfortunately it isn't working for me at all; it's either full brakes or no brakes with the "Use rudder for differential braking" box checked (well, not exactly, more details down below in a response to another person).

On 12/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, JNelson said:

Do you have any other mods installed? Also if you are diving are you sure you aren't just hitting the mach drag?

Just the T-45 mod and some modded ship classes (none of which are used in the scenario I'm using for the A-4). And no, the aircraft physically slows down to below 125 knots randomly while diving. It's... been weird, that's for sure.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:03 AM, JNelson said:

This happens if you don't follow the installation instructions correctly.

The wheels will lock up if you are going much over walking speed. This should be improved on RC3 they will lock up around 75% (use controls indicator to see) you can tap the brakes in RC3 to keep them around the same point.

Differential braking only seems to work after 80% power is applied, rather than just above walking speed, which means I shoot off the ship into the water before steering becomes meaningful and I can't stop in time regardless... guess I just can't use RC3 for Forrestal carrier use.

Edited by SomethingAncient

Throttle at 75% max. Brake with the total brake ( W on the keyboard ) and use the rudder to move. If you go faster the wheel will slip and you will go straight. Be patient because it takes time to get the hang of it and with the latest 2.0 RC3 this way of turning seems to have improved.

1 hour ago, Pappy2 said:

The underside is no longer textured, do you have an idea?

No idea, just wanted to say that it happens with that skin on my DCS too 🙁

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Does the livery file contain the bottom skin?

if it does then it is a lua problem and easily fixed.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pitbull1979 said:

Hi , I instaled  2.0 RC3. Everything is running, but I can not fly in the cockpit. Till this version all worked exelent

Hi. I have the 2.0 RC3 and I fly inside the cockpit and everything is fine. Did you delete the old version before putting the new one in User/Saved Games/DCS/Mod/Aircraft/New Version? It happens to me that I don't fly in the cockpit if in the editor I set a mission without player or without client: then you can see the A4 only in the external view and don't enter the cockpit.

6 hours ago, Pitbull1979 said:

Hi , I instaled  2.0 RC3. Everything is running, but I can not fly in the cockpit. Till this version all worked exelent

If you can't enter the cockpit this means the EFM dll is missing or isn't loading. There are multiple different reasons for this

• A-4E-C.dll is not in the "bin" folder. Could be caused by anti virus software.
  • A-4E is protected against manipulation of the lua files. If you change a file the EFM dll doesn't load anymore. When you upgrade from a previous version of the mod and don't delete the old files before you install the new version you might fail the validation (as there could be unexpected files from the previous version that are no longer part of the new version). 
  • You're missing a dependency necessary to load the EFM dll. Some releases ago some were missing the necessary version of the "Visual C++ Redistributable" on their system. You can download it from Microsoft, but as you mentioned it worked before it's most likely already installed on your system.

• Like 1

Is there like a chucks guide or anything for this. I saw this:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit#slide=id.gd4f11abbd6_2_0

But it seems to be somewhat out of date. For things like AAR or CV landings, radar etc. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

10 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

But it seems to be somewhat out of date

Yes, that's for the version 1.4 of the Mod ... current version is 2.0 beta.  This is the current manual:

A-4E-C Manual 2.0.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, that's for the version 1.4 of the Mod ... current version is 2.0 beta.  This is the current manual:

A-4E-C Manual 2.0.pdf 4.45 MB · 10 downloads

Thanks! precisely what I was looking for. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just watched a A-4 vs F-14 vid on YT and I thought a few times "oh if he had just a bit engine"

So I ask if there will ever be a Top Gun version with the more powerful engine?

I'd like to again thank everyone involved with this mod.  I really enjoy it.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, NoCoolName66 said:

Ho appena visto un video di A-4 vs F-14 su YT e ho pensato un paio di volte "oh se avesse solo un po' di motore"

Quindi chiedo se ci sarà mai una versione Top Gun con il motore più potente?

Vorrei ringraziare ancora una volta tutti coloro che sono coinvolti in questa mod. Mi piace davvero.

Grazie!

The A4 is used as an aggressor because it has truly impressive roll and pitch speed, as well as great maneuverability. I believe !