Community A-4E-C

unfortunately the Shrike isn't working for me :(

I've been trying in vain to knock out an SA-6 battery but the missiles miss every time.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

It occured that KH-23/66 Grom AG radio command guidance missile in Mig-21bis module, has near same range, performance, and engagement procedure as Bullpup AGM-12 missile for A-4 family.

I am curious of developers of A-4EC could take Grom missile code or include h. libraries , substitute AGM-12 3d model, and make it available for A-4EC in DCS.

Can anyone confirm that the Shrike works against an SA-6 battery?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

It occured that KH-23/66 Grom AG radio command guidance missile in Mig-21bis module, has near same range, performance, and engagement procedure as Bullpup AGM-12 missile for A-4 family.

I am curious of developers of A-4EC could take Grom missile code or include h. libraries , substitute AGM-12 3d model, and make it available for A-4EC in DCS.

The Grom is a beam rider missile, the guidance system is not the same as the Bullpup.The only weapon like the Bullpup in DCS is the Viggens' RB-05.

According to the A-4E-C team's latest post, they are evaluating JSBSim, a flight dynamics library used on Flight Gear open source flight simulator.

Let's hope they can integrate it to our beloved A-4.

Nice. However JSBSim is a multipurpose library and probably quite heavy, not well suited for carrier operations, plus they need access to ED SDK anyway to bridge the library with the FM. Not sure whether it's the best option, but hopefully they will find the way

Nice. However JSBSim is a multipurpose library and probably quite heavy, not well suited for carrier operations, plus they need access to ED SDK anyway to bridge the library with the FM. Not sure whether it's the best option, but hopefully they will find the way

Other than that, JSBSim was developed for a civilian sim... I don't know if it can take into account the drag of the stores, and asymmetry when you release then... I hope some day they can find a solution.

Dear.

I'm having this problem, after some minutes of flight the turbine just turn off without touch anything, I was at 80% of rpm at a low-level flight. Random failures deactivated in the DCS options. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

We had the same thing happen when running unlimited fuel.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

I further beg to differ. According to people who actually flew the A-4 and fired the thing in combat, it's not like the a beam rider

Thanks for that link to that video. I wish I could talk to Admiral Briggs about the A-4. I'd have a few hundred questions to ask. :) And have him try this A-4 in DCS and see what he thinks of it. I'm sure he'll find things wrong with it...mainly do to limitations...but all-in-all, I bet he'd like it...especially in VR. I love flying this A-4. Between it and the F-18, I hardly have time for any other planes.

Hi, regarding the Shrike vs SA6 with the A4

I can confirm it does, however with "historic" accuracy and results. I've found that the real launch parameters seem to be right (get in under 10 miles and accurate boresight of no more than 3-5deg variance and fire both)

This should net a PK of about 20% , which appears to be very much inline with historical references. (Note actually hitting the target dead on is even lower, if you watch the impacts they tend to be within a few meters)

Growling Sidewinder ran a excellent eval on this subject ref:

DCS: A4E Skyhawk AGM-45 SHRIKE Utilization + Test

As a historical ref: AAEE tests for the RAF Black Buck missions in Falklands suggested "for a PK of 0.9, you will need to get within 6 miles and fire two in quick succession" (from the book Vulcan Boys)

Good luck

Edited by Reccelow
references added

Thank you

Did my first outing in the A-4E yesterday! Wow!!!!! I LOVE it! I set up an early-morning mission against an F-5E, then landed back on the carrier. The feeling of flight is so much more real in the A-4E compared to the all-computerized F/A-18C...

Here's a video (bad flying but nice sunrise views):

Any tips of how to aim the guns in air-to-air engagement? Thanks in advance!

And thank you for an outstanding module!!!

A little dogfight with Mig-19s

Love the simplicity of this plane! :D

Yes, can be used. (But it has its own functional nav system)

In vr ? Or 2d only?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The Main GitHub Link has 4 Branches. One Branch is called "develop". It Looks like the Unreleased development version is now at 1.4.0 and was last updated 14 days ago.

I literally just downloaded and installed it to my DCS Open Beta with OVGME and it works and looks fine. Have fun reading the changelog and comparing it to the 1.3.1 Module.

Here is the GitHub develop Branch URL:

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/tree/develop

This is a FABULOUS module that I would gladly pay for if it was on sale, but you can't go more on sale that FREE!

Cheers, and Enjoy!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]