Community A-4E-C

Nope, all updated...

Ok, that's weird then ... on my case I couldnt get to reliably launch from the stennis so I'm now doing something I haven't done in a long time: reverting back to the prior DCS version, as this bug striked just while I was editing my fourth training mission :cry:

qhxHSDz.jpg

I also reported the issue on the A-4 developer's GitHub:

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/issues/245

hopefully the devlopers will be able to find a fix ... fingers crossed :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Reports that TACAN and NAV computer functions are no more functional after DCS Open Beta update. :mad:

The NAV panel shows zeros and cannot be changed

NAV system does not work

TACAN not working

:helpsmilie:

Edit:

reverting back to the prior Open beta version and everythings work as it must be...

Regards

Rem27

Edited by rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

... reverting back to the prior Open beta version and everythings work as it must be...

:) I did the same, but it is a short term solution, so I really hope the Modders are able to fix this issue .. because as soon as the Hind arrives, I will be updating DCS no matter what :smartass:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Already fixed the catapult issues. Most like TACAN too as they are all related. The latest build is out with the testers now. Waiting for them to test and get back with new findings.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Already fixed the catapult issues. Most like TACAN too as they are all related. The latest build is out with the testers now. Waiting for them to test and get back with new findings.

Thanks a lot for the quick response to this issue :thumbup:

I know that wasn't of your making, but rather a problem introduced by DCS latest version, but appreciate the quick reaction anyway, kudos for that :)

OH man, Talk about dedication!!! You are the best!!!

Hello DCS pilots! Today we are releasing a minor patch that addresses some of the more critical issues with the Community A-4E for DCS World. This is a compatibility patch which addresses the changes in the lighting engine in DCS World as well as the new MIZ file format that affected the use of the catapult with the Community A-4E. We hope that you have been enjoyed flying the Community A-4E and we hope to see you in the virtual skies!

Download the latest version here: https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v1.4.1

Find more information on the Community A-4E project page: https://heclak.github.io/community-a4e-c/

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/tQZbkTQ

Version 1.4.1 - 2 September 2020

Added

• added dimming wheel on angle of attack indexer
  • ladder lights will now dim when INST LIGHT knob is in any position other than the OFF position for night operations
  • glareshield lights will now dim when INST LIGHT knob is turned up past the first 20% (approximately)

Changed

• changed warning lights to use additive_self_illuminated shader as transparent_self_illum has been deprecated in DCS 2.5.6.50321
  • updated brightness range for the gunsight
  • updated cockpit lighting brightness for DCS lighting changes
  • gunsight brightness is now a logarithmic function to allow for better brightness control
  • tweaked glareshield annunciator textures for night lighting (a-4e_lights_1, a-4e_instr_details_1)
  • updated texture for gear handle (a-4e_instr_bckgd_3)

Deprecated

Removed

• removed payload option to load incomplete buddy pod

Fixed

• fixed clickspots on throttle where they do not track the position of the throttle
  • fixed incorrect spelling for TRIMMER SWITCH - LEFT WING DOWN
  • updated carrier detection code for MIZ file version 18

I have only tried one mission that was having problems so far. The patch seems to fix the navigation computer, but not the TACAN. I still hear no TACAN and see "off" when TACAN is selected as the the source for navigation. Whereas someone flying an F-5E in the same mission can use the same TACAN channel without any issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VIDEO: Practicing Carrier Landing

Here's a video of my carrier landing practice. The video is of the full practice, but I've sped the playback through the "tedious" parts. Overall, the new 1.4.1 version of the A-4E is much more stable than the 1.4 version. The plane is now fun to fly and I haven't run into any "exploding while taking off" issues with either the Stennis or the Supercarrier boats. The flight model is...well...what it is... But if you don't take it too seriously, this is a fantastic free module - on par with many of the paid modules.

Edited by Doc3908

That Sight is graduated in Mills.

If you change teh size you throw away the graduation..

so no there is no way to change the size as there is not a way in the real HUD.

Its not a decoiration.

;)

Now if the Actual Scale of it is right or wrong that much I do not know.

althow it looks kind of accurate..

main-qimg-2a1c4cd75a7d69a08aa39a74d2e49e42.webp

Edited by Baco

That Sight is graduated in Mills.

If you change teh size you throw away the graduation..

so no there is no way to change the size as there is not a way in the real HUD.

Its not a decoiration.

;)

Now if the Actual Scale of it is right or wrong that much I do not know.

althow it looks kind of accurate..

main-qimg-2a1c4cd75a7d69a08aa39a74d2e49e42.webp

Examples of actual A4 HUD sights:

https://ar.pinterest.com/lucianodrb/gun-sights/

https://www.mycity-military.com/imgs4/65870_98733983_bullseye.jpg

Pretty cool and ancient video of developing bombing sights for the A4.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Developers of the A-4 ,

can't remember where exactly I read this, but I think it got mentioned somewhere, that an

EFM is under developement to improve the flight modelling of the A-4.

Is this correct? If so, how are things progressing if I may ask.

Thanks a lot for this super fun Scooter!

Kind regards,

Snappy

DEVS,

With the new MB-339A team becoming a new Third Party Dev, have you ever considered going full third party? I would gladly pay full price for you to unlock the full capabilities to develop this module to its fullest. I think this would be a great addition so many have and still want fully done with EFM. Please consider it or maybe start a separate poll to see if anyone would back you on it. Wish you the best and greatly appreciate the free version, but you gents really should get paid for the top notch work.

With the new MB-339A team becoming a new Third Party Dev, have you ever considered going full third party?

This Mod is the result of a community effort, many people that developed this on their free time. I sincerely doubt that they would have the intention of leaving their current day-jobs to form a third party company for turning this into a payware Module.