Community A-4E-C

Worked on the front & back over the weekend.

RAN 8 pack hopefully ready for download tomorrow.

6bc24f28a47f1db772beea8738c17b7eb28b75dd

f47b4a2855889a515a77bf0c3d03e44f9076dbcf

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

I use the training missions from the 2.0 beta 2  Apart from moving the directories around, fixing the description.lua contents, I can't make them to work as the space bar pause is not pausing, and I cannot click the Esc to select the blue side after entering the spectator mode as I am told.

Anyway, thank you.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

18 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

I use the training missions from the 2.0 beta 2  

These training missions are for the 1.4 version of the Mod, I've been working on updating them for 2.0 but have not finished that yet.

20 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

I can't make them to work as the space bar pause is not pausing

Maybe you have the space bar binded to another function ... most likely the Gun Trigger is sometimes binded to the space bar. Change it to some other key, say LCtrl+Spacebar, bind the gun trigger only to a Hotas button and it will work fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

These training missions are for the 1.4 version of the Mod, I've been working on updating them for 2.0 but have not finished that yet.

Thanks for the great work. Very grateful and please keep it up.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hi,

I use the A-4 (last beta build and DCS last open beta) on the "non-Supercarrier-module" CVN-74 John C. Stennis - problem is:

I can´t start from cat no longer - the old key bindings doesn`t work any more!

And I can´find any key bindings in the controls menu like in the old build of the A-4.

So, I own the Supercarrier already, but my friends no. And they want to start from the "old" carrier with the A-4...🤔

“The uninitiated non-believers think an airplane is a collection of moving parts and miles of wiring.

We know better.”

Marshall “War Dog” Lefavor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

44 minutes ago, Flipper said:

Hi,

I use the A-4 (last beta build and DCS last open beta) on the "non-Supercarrier-module" CVN-74 John C. Stennis - problem is:

I can´t start from cat no longer - the old key bindings doesn`t work any more!

use the U key when near the catapult, the A-4 will be latched to the catapult. Once latched, increase the throttle to max, after a couple of seconds you will be launched. Here is a video that I made on the last version of the A4 on the old stennis, that shows that this works:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks a lot, but the "U" key doesn´t work for me...🤔

I see in your video that you doesn´t use the last beta build of the A-4 (with EFM and radio): with the last build, you can communicate with the cat-crew (in the Supercarrier-module) and you will be hook in the cat!

But my problem is the "non-Supercarrier-module" CVN-74 John C. Stennis: and here the "U" key doesn´t work any more!

Possibly a beta-bug...

Edited by Flipper

“The uninitiated non-believers think an airplane is a collection of moving parts and miles of wiring.

We know better.”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Flipper said:

Thanks a lot, but the "U" key doesn´t work for me...🤔

I see in your video that you doesn´t use the last beta build of the A-4 (with EFM and radio): with the last build, you can communicate with the cat-crew (in the Supercarrier-module) and you will be hook in the cat!

But my problem is the "non-Supercarrier-module" CVN-74 John C. Stennis: and here the "U" key doesn´t work any more!

strange ... mi video was made on the latest beta version of the A-4 (version 2.0) and the carrier is the old stennis ... perhaps you confuse it because I use somevof the new carrier crew members (which can be used even if you dont own the Supercarrier). 

maybe you didnt delete the old version keybinds for the A-4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, thats strange, indeed!

"Old version keybinds"? How can I delete them?

Edited by Flipper

We know better.”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Flipper said:

Yes, thats strange, indeed!

"Old version keybinds"? How can I delete them?

delete the folder /saved games/dcs/config/input/a-4e/

Thanks for your help!

I installed the whole mod again: it was not possible to hook in catapult.

I find the answer in the discord channel of the A-4:

The right keybind for hook in cat is "ship takeoff position"!

Edited by Flipper

We know better.”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isnt that the U key that I mention on the video?

Technically yes!

But funnily it was not assigned in the keybinds of the A-4.

I have assigned it now to "U"😉

In the keybinds of the Hornet it is "U" as standard...

Edited by Flipper
  • Like 1

We know better.”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Three Irish girls looking for a drink.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315807/

a-4_irish_3.jpg

Edited by Helles Belle
  • Like 4

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, WinterH said:

Since latest versions with EFM, yes, there is a bombing computer.

I am using 2.0.0 Beta 2 so you mean the LABS?

BTW, finally tried the CASE 1 Recovery training. It works wonderful, and let me know at each checkpoint what I have done right or worng. I wish I could radio the LSO though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

I am using 2.0.0 Beta 2 so you mean the LABS?

CP-741 bombing computer, but right now yes, it is used from the LABS position of weapons dial. Apparently later on it will work from CPTR position as it should. LABS isn't implemented yet as far as I know, but it is the older and less precise system by far, and was mainly intented for putting tactical nukes on roughly the correct postcode :P.

So far, from what I have tested, CP-741 is very helpful indeed! Made A-4 really standout from F-5 for strikes IMO 🙂

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'm after some advice on colours for using the RAAF Hawk scheme on the A-4.

I looked up the FS codes and think I've used the right ones but they just didn't look right in model viewer.

Apart from the red on the tail of the first one I think it's pretty close.

A-4EC Game 9.jpg

The BAE Systems HAWK 127 Lead In Fighter - Phil Frawley | Jet Fighter Pilot

But this ones dark pattern doesn't look right. Does any one have aN FS code for the dark grey?

A-4EC Game 13.jpg

BAE Systems begins RAAF Hawk flightline maintenance – Australian Aviation

Also in the mix will be this one

A-4EC Game 11.jpg

• Like 6

image.jpeg

CP-741, noted. Will give it a swirl.  Thank you.

BTW, hope this will become an official module some day.

• Like 1

Is there a ControlsIndicator.lua file available for the A-4 Mod? I was unsuccessful in finding it on my own and I didn't see it popup in this thread. If someone has a link then would you kindly direct me to it?

My plan is to configure the Controls Indicator pop-up to my unique multi-monitor setup.

Thank you in advance for the help!

• Like 1