Community A-4E-C

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

When you press "OK", you actually save it. "Save as" etc. are only for backup purposed. Did you upgrade the module without deleting the settings in your "Saved Games" folder?
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply.

I deleted all previous info prior to installing the newest download.

again, thanks for reply.

• Like 1

I just downloaded and installed this without a hitch. Do not use a module manager (you will get 'unauthorized module' error). Follow directions in package.

My expectations were not very high for this freeware plane. Wow, was I ever wrong!

2 things matter most to me as a VR player: cockpit textures and flight model.

This module is stunning on both these counts.

Well done team! You have done yourselves really proud.

• Like 1

I just downloaded and installed this without a hitch. Do not use a module manager (you will get 'unauthorized module' error). Follow directions in package.

My expectations were not very high for this freeware plane. Wow, was I ever wrong!
2 things matter most to me as a VR player: cockpit textures and flight model.
This module is stunning on both these counts.

Well done team! You have done yourselves really proud.
You mean a mod manager like OvGME? That ain't a problem as long as it goes into Saved Games and not Core, as per the instructions for this module and similar.
Sorry, don't want to be a smartass, but mod managers are very handy, and your info is misleading.
Cheers!

ok, sorry. I use jsgme. I just presumed most people who use a mod manager have it going into core by default since that is the only place many mods will actually work (sound, terrain etc) and where a mod manager really comes into it's own.

• Like 1

ok, sorry. I use jsgme. I just presumed most people who use a mod manager have it going into core by default since that is the only place many mods will actually work (sound, terrain etc) and where a mod manager really comes into it's own.
No problem. It depends. There exists conflicting mods in the Saved Games as well.
Cheers!

Hi all, downloaded Beta 4, all good..except...Despite mapping the appropriated commands to my hotas, my bombs wont come off, nor my gun fire.  And yes, all relevant switchs are on, ie master arm etc.  Am I missing something?

Edit.  Just got this sorted.  For guns, charge press 9.  Extra step. Bombs seem to have sorted it self out. Cheers

Edited by deltahawk2020s

**Reported on Discord**

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

All the HOTAS mappings in Beta 4 were either reset or gone AWOL, I had to map them all over again, as I have "drawn" the mappings on a spreadsheet.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 5/20/2021 at 1:07 AM, JNelson said:

Hmmm, if only someone put it in bold and large letters in THREE places on the changelog.

Not that I am complaining...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hi

i installed the module in my savedgames folder, started a quickstartmission but can not jump into the cockpit. The same with a new mission build in ME.  Got a mapview starting the mission and i can change exterior views, but no cockpit? might be a simple noob thing...

Edited by -LEO-

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

Hi @ all !

Unfortunately same problem here ... I`ve installed a fresh "DCS 2.7 Open Beta" ... didn`t install anything of the "A-4"-Mod directly into the game directory ... and everything seems fine :

41285624dg.jpg

41285625qi.jpg41285626bq.jpg

41285627wh.jpg

41285628kh.jpg

But I can`t get into the cockpit 😩 ?!? Nothing works to get in ?!?

Same with the "T-45"-Mod ?!?

I´m absolutely disappointed not to be able to pilot this great plane ... would be great if someone has an idea 🤩 !!

Cheers & thanks a lot, Lowpull !

Edited by Lowpull

2 minutes ago, Lowpull said:

Hi @ all !

Unfortunately same problem here ... I`ve installed a fresh "DCS 2.7 Open Beta" ... didn`t install anything of the "A-4"-Mod directly into the game directory ... and everything seems fine :

[img]https://up.picr.de/41285624dg.jpg[/img]

But I can`t get into the cockpit 😩 ?!? Nothing works to get in ?!?

I´m absolutely disappointed not to be able to pilot this great plane ... would be great if someone has an idea 🤩 !!

Join the discord to get some help https://discord.gg/tChgpW5Kgy

Hi @ all !

41285624dg.jpg

41285625qi.jpg41285626bq.jpg

41285627wh.jpg

41285628kh.jpg

But I can`t get into the cockpit ?!? Nothing works to get in ?!?

I´m absolutely disappointed not to be able to pilot this great plane ... would be great if someone has an idea !!

Hi! If you have a similar problem with the T-45, it's probably related.
Can you take a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the complete path?
Cheers!

THANKS SO MUCH comrades 🤝.... You`ve saved my weekend 😎👍 !!

The obviously missing "x64 visual C" package was the key to the goal 👌 !

DCS is getting better & better & better ... looking forward to the "T-45" MOD ... will try the "Goshawk" tomorrow ✊ !

Cheers, Lowpull !

• Like 3

Hello everyone. This is a beta release for testing only. It is expected to have bugs. This is the fifth beta release for the EFM. Included is a hefty changelog, including some long requested features like full TACAN and MCL (ICLS) support, cosmetic improvements in and outside the cockpit and the first iteration of the exterior sound scheme. There are also many quality of life changes and fixes be sure to read the changelog below to see all the items included in this update.

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta-5

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Can you assign the speed hold and radar hold commands to a HOTAS?  I seem to be unable.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Let's hope when I release the bomb this time, they are not bundled up with the pylon... 😄