My most expensive module by far... feeling bad..

Koriel

Probably DCS: Black Shark 3 for the full version and DCS: Black Shark 3 for the upgrade version.

Thanks

Same for me!!!

Thanks ED :D

I love KA50!

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know that I agree with that, if the mission is made in mind for the new variant, and the old one was used, it might be unplayable, I would think two variants would be better, like the Spitfire or P-51D.

If it were added as a new variant, would the models be identical or would the non upgraded version have the sensors for DIRCM and MWS removed?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This is a great thread.

I've got a LOT of hours in the BS and I'd happily pay whatever you like for the upgrade. Please just keep the BS up to date. People are sitting here crying about paying a few dollars for some fun... I've got a MOTORCYCLE that's on it's 29th set of tires folks... You have any idea what that costs? I know people who pay that much for golf balls over a weekend LOL :)… And the clubs they use? Right... Cheap fun right here folks :).

Oh and...

When the Apache and/or Cobra gets here...

DOUBLE IT!

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

This is a great thread.

I've got a LOT of hours in the BS and I'd happily pay whatever you like for the upgrade. Please just keep the BS up to date. People are sitting here crying about paying a few dollars for some fun... I've got a MOTORCYCLE that's on it's 29th set of tires folks... You have any idea what that costs? I know people who pay that much for golf balls over a weekend LOL :)… And the clubs they use? Right... Cheap fun right here folks :).

Oh and...

DOUBLE IT!

I know right! :D

I've got a trackday coming up on monday... 200 euro entry... 150 euro brakepads... 400 euro tyres... 50 euro petrol...

And that's for 5x 20 minutes:music_whistling::megalol:

This is a great thread.

Oh and...

DOUBLE IT!

No please tell me what 29 sets of motor cycle tires cost, tho what it has to do with DCS , not exactly sure

I do indeed love the shark ... but I have spent a lot on it already

Edited by HC_Official

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Great news ED, you have my support. I own BS2 and have had countless hours of enjoyment from it, I will happily buy the full price BS3 and even the upgrade as well; you deserve the support and money.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

No please tell me what 29 sets of motor cycle tires cost, tho what it has to do with DCS , not exactly sure

Then I can't help you :).

But I'll try.

It has to do with relative cost of entertainment. Video games are super cheap relative to other forms of entertainment. Including the BS. They're even cheap relative to the cost of non-entertainment things that are also not necessary. For example I just spent 6X the cost of a video game on window tint on Wednesday.

Man... I remember when games cost $49.99, then $59.99... People were so pissed. Now... Look what we actually GET for a price that hasn't even come CLOSE to keeping up with inflation.

Seriously... For the amount of hours people put into simulators and how immersive they are... You can't really find much that's less expensive and anywhere NEAR as fun...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Dont know that I agree with that, if the mission is made in mind for the new variant, and the old one was used, it might be unplayable, I would think two variants would be better, like the Spitfire or P-51D.

That's just it: the Spit/P-51 solution isn't very good. When that happened, old missions had to be adjusted and corrected to do the right thing with the right variant, and that was for variants that were so insignificantly different that there really was no reason that extra work should be needed.

As for making missions with a specific variant in mind, that would 1) be a matter of communication and player choice — if you absolutely want to fly with a capacity missing, feel free but good luck… (and from what you've said so far, the differences will not be large enough that outright unplayability could ever happen). And 2) if it's such a worry, the Mi-8/L-39-style “allow” checkbox would be a far more elegant solution. Perhaps technically more difficult, sure, but definitely far more elegant and user-friendly.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I'm really annoyed that some people feel that they are entitled to get these new features for free.

Think about it for a sec.

You bought a 2008 Honda Civic. It did not come with a built in navigation system, just a CD player and radio. Now Honda is releasing a 2019 Civic with a built in infotainment system with bluetooth, navigation and a bunch of other features.

Are you going back to the dealership and demanding to get those new features for free in your 2008 model?

When you bought the Ka-50 back all those years, no one promised you a MLWS and no one promised you Iglas.

Now you have the opportunity to have these things. Buy it or just be thankful that people like me will buy it and fund the 3D model upgrades that you can enjoy for free.

I'm really excited to get the new 3D models(free!) and the new MLWS + iglas. I have the most hours played in the Ka-50 although I haven't played it recently because of the dated visuals and problems. I'm excited to get back into the Black Shark Pit.

The only thing ED, please please please tell me this will come out some time this year.

I am the alpha and the omega

What a bunch of man babies. if you can’t appreciate the hard work and amount of work they are doing on the shark then settle for free update of model and graphics. I will happily throw more money at them for the new systems modeling. Bunch of drama some of you are about nothing. Man the **** up

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Just adding my voice here as someone who's been highly critical of ED business approaches in the past (check my history) to say I'm really pleased with the direction taken on the Blackshark updates. In my opinion, this is markedly different from e.g. the Carrier DLC shenanigans and a great example of how it should be done. A new, paid, Blackshark variant doesn't take anything away from anybody in any scenario of gameplay and only provides more options, especially considering the old Blackshark modules will get the 3D and bug fixes, too.

When you bought the Ka-50 back all those years, no one promised you a MLWS and no one promised you Iglas.

^What he said.

Edited by Jester2138

Got a question.

Is the orig. campaign going to get updated too ?

Talking about unit placement in forests. And similar bugs that came with 2.5

Whilst not promising too much and I don't know ED's plan in this regard, but I have been working on addressing the Ka-50 mission sets for such issues:

1. BS2 Georgian Oil War campaign - WIP, a lot of work to do, but would expect most critical crashing issues fixed - 50% complete.
  2. BS2 Medvedev campaigns - WIP, 0% complete
  3. BS2 Deployment campaign - WIP, 50% complete
  4. BS2 Single missions (All) - 75% complete

I am thinking of posting up the WIP missions to the ED website "user files section" for people to test as I fix them, starting with the GOW campaign and all of the single missions.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thanks for your reply.

All good and well, I’m a loyal customer of ED since 1995. I’ve spend over $1500 on Eagle products. Most modules i’ve enjoyed for just a few hours all in all. What I neglected to mention is that I also have original Russian Blackshark laying around somewhere.

In the end I compare the current product with the money I have spend on it, and then the Blackshark is coming up short compared to your latest offerings like the Hornet, or even the A-10C.

So basically I feel you have got all my money already, and just let me enjoy the module without having to buy a gps, additional weapons systems or the likes.

I realize that I don’t have to buy it. So I most likely won’t. It will however change the way I will approach new offerings from ED. Where I used to jump on new modules (already pre-ordered the Viper) I will from now on only buy modules that I will actually use instead of indiscriminately hitting [buy] whenever there’s a new module.

In the past ED has treated me decently with the WW2 kickstarter fiasco. This time however I really feel ED is making a wrong move. I hope this won’t set a precedent for other modules.

Less than 10 hours I would estimate.

1/ "just let me enjoy the module without having to buy..." If you'd read carefully before posting, you'd have seen that you can continue to play the exact product you bought, but with upgraded 3D models and graphics, for free "without having to buy" anything.

2/ "let me enjoy the module without having to buy a gps, (...)" this gripe reflects the fact that you have "Less than 10 hours I would estimate" flight time in the Ka-50. The Fa-50 has had a GPS system installed from the very first release of BS1.

So you bought a module that you didn't use enough to even realise what systems are installed, and because you didn't use it, it you feel it wasn't good value for money, & that somehow this is E.D.'s failing in the product itself, & now you're complaining that to continue using the module (that you don't use) you will have to pay for an upgrade (that it has already been stated will be free), and insisting that it's not fair to charge you for new features because you bought the original version ?

Cheers.

• ED Team
If it were added as a new variant, would the models be identical or would the non upgraded version have the sensors for DIRCM and MWS removed?

That's just it, I personally don't know enough about the differences in the two right now to know the best approach, so it's kind of wait and see till we know more.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Probably DCS: Black Shark 3 for the full version and DCS: Black Shark 3 for the upgrade version.

Thanks

Do I have to install BS2 previously to install BS3 'upgrade' versison? Or does DCS recognize automatically via my account with a same installer? I hated double install procedure for an upgrade version back in early BS2 era.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

It's a good compromise ED has struck, I think. I was only expecting a texturing update, but to also get a new 3d asset along with it is really cool. What airframe is the paid upgrade based on, if any? Also does this new self protection system have RWR capability or is it mainly orientated to IR missiles even though radar guided missiles will still be detected by the MWS?

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

It looks like it just detects missile launch and exhaust (No RWR), like on the A-10. But also appears to be using some kind of Shtora system, that blinds the IR missile. At least, that's what I'm seeing in one of the "President-S" videos, which this system appears to be.

Edited by 3WA

• ED Team
Do I have to install BS2 previously to install BS3 'upgrade' versison? Or does DCS recognize automatically via my account with a same installer? I hated double install procedure for an upgrade version back in early BS2 era.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

I would imagine it will be able to tell based on your account.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I suppose the only question I would like answered which would justify the cost or not in my opinion is what this avionics upgrade constitutes exactly.

When I paid for the Ka-50, I was expecting a simulation of a particular airframe in a particular era that includes all features and capabilities associated with its real-life counterpart, and the highest level of realism possibly attainable, as that was how it was marketed. I therefore don't feel like I should have to pay for features which should've been present from the very beginning.

IF however, this upgrade corresponds to an update in the avionics package in real life, such as overhauling our Ka-50 from a 2000s prototype model to a 2010s era production model, then I will be *more than* happy to financially compensate ED for the update. Basically, my opinion is that a paid avionics upgrade should correlate to a change in block or lot - such as upgrading an F-16 from a block 30 to a block 50.

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III

A couple questions.

Any idea when these upgrades/ new helo will be done?

How many upset people paid $1000 dollars for a joystick or video card to play the one of a kind, top of the line most realistic simulator ever ka50 sim that they paid less than $100 dollars for?

1/ "just let me enjoy the module without having to buy..." If you'd read carefully before posting, you'd have seen that you can continue to play the exact product you bought, but with upgraded 3D models and graphics, for free "without having to buy" anything.

2/ "let me enjoy the module without having to buy a gps, (...)" this gripe reflects the fact that you have "Less than 10 hours I would estimate" flight time in the Ka-50. The Fa-50 has had a GPS system installed from the very first release of BS1.

So you bought a module that you didn't use enough to even realise what systems are installed, and because you didn't use it, it you feel it wasn't good value for money, & that somehow this is E.D.'s failing in the product itself, & now you're complaining that to continue using the module (that you don't use) you will have to pay for an upgrade (that it has already been stated will be free), and insisting that it's not fair to charge you for new features because you bought the original version ?

WE NEED LIKE BUTTON IN THIS FORUM! (Sorry for CAPS) In Order to give Forum participants a thumbs up if they deserve it.

Does anybody know when this update will come? Hopefully this year and if i am allowed to state a dream: release before F-16 ?

To Eagle Dynamics and their Employees: You guys are making me happy this year. First i get the Information through the newsletter that my beloved F-16 Fighting Falcon "Viper" is coming this year. And now KA-50 the module i first bought, that feels to me like driving my car everytime i enter it, is getting an overhaul and an Upgrade? Oh Lord this is amazing! Please ED tell me this is coming sooner than later this year.

best regards, MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

Welcomed news! I think it is great that there is some new attention to the KA-50. I am pleased that there will be an option for current BS-2 owners to pay a smaller upgrade price instead of having to pay full price for a BS-3 module. Otherwise I would not be happy, like most have stated. Thank you ED

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just adding my voice here as someone who's been highly critical of ED business approaches in the past (check my history) to say I'm really pleased with the direction taken on the Blackshark updates. In my opinion, this is markedly different from e.g. the Carrier DLC shenanigans and a great example of how it should be done. A new, paid, Blackshark variant doesn't take anything away from anybody in any scenario of gameplay and only provides more options, especially considering the old Blackshark modules will get the 3D and bug fixes, too.

I agree. I think this is a very good approach to the problem.

However it should be done in a way, that the upgraded version has it's own designation in DCS (like with the p-51) and that the "older" variant has a 3d interior/exterior that portraits the lack of functionality, otherwise it might feel like being paywalled...

(so the sensors and additional systems should be removed from the exterior model and it should be accounted for in the cockpit in whatever way would be realistic).

The "old" version has to feel like the authentic simulation of this specific version of the Ka-50 and not like a paywalled/downgraded higher tier.

If this is done well by ED, i think this might become a decent way to also upgrade other modules in the future.

(although if you think it through, wouldn't it be cleaner to just cut the "free to play" and have a new paid DCS version every couple of years? I feel this would get rid of the problem in a more (oldschool but) elegant way...