3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Thanks for checking it.

I'll try and run a full repair. completely deactivate all mods and give it a shot again...

EDIT: seems like the VR Shaders mod (which I suspected in the first place but I do remember them working ok) that I downloaded here are the culprit. If I remove them, even without deleting/recompiling the shaders, everything seems to work ok

It is written in first post that my mod is not compliant with kegetys's one. I made it in the past, but it's a lot of work and moreover, it will work only for one mod setting... As i had not too much fps gain with this mod, I gave up.

But theorically, it should also break NVG, as it allows to modify them.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

It is written in first post that my mod is not compliant with kegetys's one. I made it in the past, but it's a lot of work and moreover, it will work only for one mod setting... As i had not too much fps gain with this mod, I gave up.

But theorically, it should also break NVG, as it allows to modify them.

IDK dude, I'm pretty sure it worked before with the two mods enabled. Maybe kegety's wasnt properly copied over by ovgme and it *thought* it was on while it wasn't.

Any-hway, I'm in your same boat, don't really see much improvement in using the VR shaders AND I like being able to mess around with colors and sharpening better than having (litterally) a couple more fps.

Speaking of which, sharpening, I don't seem to be able to discern any difference, is there anything I should be looking for while changing the values to *know* it's working?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I did not have the time to check, thanks for the feedback. There was nothing in changelog talking about graphics changes...

Of course I will update (not sure I will have the time this week end), and add new features (haze/selective FXAA) later in the upcoming weeks.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

6 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

New version 7.4 compatible with last beta available, see first post.

Thanks for sorting this out lufeneste01 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

21 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

New version 7.4 compatible with last beta available, see first post.

Thanks a lot for this! That was fast, as usual. I can't play anymore DCS without this mod,Especially sharpening, without it I feel like playing without glasses on
FXAA would be awesome also.I miss being able to mix msaa and sharpness, for me they were a very good combination.I agree with aceviper, ED should add sharpening vanilla to dcs

Fly and let fly

Definitely for me too, it's great to mask the dot labels and make the Pimax NVG tubes converge properly!

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

8 hours ago, Snake122 said:

Definitely for me too, it's great to mask the dot labels and make the Pimax NVG tubes converge properly!

Pimax support is a native function of DCS for a long time, but I did not manage to change the thread title...

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

Pimax support is a native function of DCS for a long time, but I did not manage to change the thread title...

But even though the parallel projection fix isn't needed anymore in the title, your mod is the only thing that I've found to fix the Pimax NVG not converging issue. Plus I love the label masking, it makes the dot labels feel a little less like a cheat, although I feel like it is needed in VR.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

4 hours ago, Snake122 said:

But even though the parallel projection fix isn't needed anymore in the title, your mod is the only thing that I've found to fix the Pimax NVG not converging issue. Plus I love the label masking, it makes the dot labels feel a little less like a cheat, although I feel like it is needed in VR.

You're right, there is also a need to change convergence in NVG, whatever the zoom factor is...

Just an FYI I am also having the issue where pressing ALT-F12 does not save settings. It merely makes the menu go away and  the changes made revert back to default.

No d3dx_user.ini exists in my install as far I can tell.

I solved my problem by changing the default user_keymapping_setup.ini to reflect the settings I use.

Thanks for your work on this mod. 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:53 AM, lefuneste01 said:

d3dx.ini, lines

; reload all fixes from ShaderFixes folder
reload_fixes = ALT no_ctrl no_shift VK_F12
; Key to reload the settings from the the d3dx.ini without restarting. This can
; be the same key as reload_fixes for convenience, or a different key may be
; used to avoid resetting the ini parameters every time the shaders are
; reloaded. Note that not all settings can be reloaded, so if something doesn't
; work as expected you may still have to restart the game:
reload_config = ALT no_ctrl no_shift VK_F12

Normally, only the second line (reload_config) should be modified, but I did not test. So by security I setup the two lines.

Replace VK_F12 by the key you want (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx), you can remove the ALT by replacing it by no_alt (case does not matter)

And the values should be stored in d3dx_user.ini when ALT+F12 works. for example here is mine

; AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED FILE - DO NOT EDIT
;
; 3DMigoto will overwrite this file whenever any persistent settings are
; altered by hot key or command list. Tag global variables with the "persist"
; keyword to save them in this file. Use the post keyword in the [Constants]
; command list if you need to do any intialisation after this file is loaded.
;
[Constants]
$binocularmask = 1
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlow = -0.0449999943
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlowpp = -0.105000019
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetlowspygpp = -0.285000026
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetlow = 7.4505806e-009
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetlow = 0.704999626
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\horizshiftlow = 1.49011612e-008
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmed = -0.0599999987
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmedpp = -0.174999982
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsetmedspygpp = -0.449999869
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsetmed = 0.0500000007
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsetmed = -0.00999999978
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\horizshiftmed = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethigh = -0.0700000003
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethighpp = -0.194999963
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomxoffsethighspygpp = -0.499999821
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\maskhorizoffsethigh = 0.0250000004
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\zoomyoffsethigh = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\horizshifthigh = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\imagexoffsetmem = 0.0762500018
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\imagexoffsetmemspyg = 0.241250008
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\nvgscale = 1.20000005
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\nvgconv = 0
$\users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini\nvgconvview = 0

Sim Rig: Intel i7 9700k, SSD, GTX1660Ti, 32 GB DDR4, Windows 10

HOTAS: TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Opentrack - DIY HeadTracker

IRL: Private Pilot - IFR, Part 107 Drone Pilot

16 hours ago, Panda_DCS said:

Just an FYI I am also having the issue where pressing ALT-F12 does not save settings. It merely makes the menu go away and  the changes made revert back to default.

I'll have a look. Did you use Left Alt ? Even if you can not specify left or right in 3Dmigoto option, I noticed that Left Alt was working better that right Alt.

Yes, I tried both with the same result. It seems like some kind of write issue. Like I mentioned I do not have a d3dx_user.ini file that I can find which I assume is created when you save your settings so possibly something is keeping it from writing the file.

Sim Rig: Intel i7 9700k, SSD, GTX1660Ti, 32 GB DDR4, Windows 10

HOTAS: TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Opentrack - DIY HeadTracker

IRL: Private Pilot - IFR, Part 107 Drone Pilot

New version 8.0 available in first post: FXAA, Haze settings, cockpit sharpen enabled for MSAA.

• FXAA allow to have antialiasing without supersampling, so with very low fps impact. But it makes texture more blurry, because it is applied on all the display, where MSAA processes only edges of objects. FXAA is not applied on cockpit and on HUD if they are green (I did not manage to find a robust way to filter HUD, except by using color 😧).
  • I took time to setup dedicated version of shaders for MSAA, so now you can use sharpen on cockpit when using MSAA2X or MSAA4X. I did not optimize it yet, so smooting done by MSAA in cockpit edges may be removed by sharpen, but you will have improved readibility of labels/MFD/Jauges.

Thanks for your feedback.

@Wheelyjoe : I'm afraid you fucked up, because it's working with my install

@Panda_DCS: I tested to remove d3dx_user.ini and the mod create it again...so I don't know how to help...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aceviper said:

In VR  haze reduction seems to only in outside view...ie not in cockpit view

I did most of my testing in 2d and  with outside view...so it can explain but I find quite strange thar same shader are not beeing used when in cockpit view. Are you using "cockpit illumination" option ?

3 hours ago, Wheelyjoe said:

@lefuneste01

Huh. I did a repair, then added the mod to JSGME, installed only it to the install/bin and nothing came up.. Any ideas?

1) do you have d3d11.dll, d3dx.ini, shaderfixes,... in the same directory than dcs.exe ?

2) you you have compatible graphic options ?