3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

12 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I did most of my testing in 2d and  with outside view...so it can explain but I find quite strange thar same shader are not beeing used when in cockpit view. Are you using "cockpit illumination" option ?

I tested it: haze option worked for me in cockpit and in VR !

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

No go for some planes.

Cockpit illumination was on.

First plane in the list....A10C outside view only has reduced haze.

Same for A10C II...F16C...F5

Tested about 6 so far.

F14..C101..BF109 have reduced haze in cockpit .

PgUp and Pgdn are assigned to throttle increments and even after clearing those and restarting DCS it still doesnt work for those planes.

edit...cockpit illumination needs to be off

Edited by aceviper

2 hours ago, aceviper said:

No go for some planes.

Cockpit illumination was on.

First plane in the list....A10C outside view only has reduced haze.

Same for A10C II...F16C...F5

Tested about 6 so far.

F14..C101..BF109 have reduced haze in cockpit .

PgUp and Pgdn are assigned to throttle increments and even after clearing those and restarting DCS it still doesnt work for those planes.

I have A10CII and it works...Did you turn off cockpit illumination as it is not supported, as written in first post ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

On 12/29/2020 at 9:19 PM, Wheelyjoe said:

I do, and what constutes compatible graphics options?

What is written in first post...

As the mod is currently compatible with stable and beta, maybe you can try to install from scratch the version you are not using and see if it works ?

This mod is awesome! But.....I just cant get it to save the settings. Alt F12 doesnt work--just closes it and goes back to default. Ive tried going into the config ini and changing to different keys but no matter what keys i use, just immediately changes it back to default.

3 hours ago, nicka117 said:

This mod is awesome! But.....I just cant get it to save the settings. Alt F12 doesnt work--just closes it and goes back to default. Ive tried going into the config ini and changing to different keys but no matter what keys i use, just immediately changes it back to default.

It looks like you are not the only one...which settings are involved ? Can you check that a file d3dx_user.ini is created in the same dir than dcs.exe ?

Edited by lefuneste01

On 12/31/2020 at 7:48 AM, nicka117 said:

I've only been messing with the external color setting mostly and the haze. I hit alt F12 and it snaps back to default when i hit those buttons. Same happens if i go into the ini file and change it to say alt f11 or shift f11 etc. 

I made some testing again, and except night dim (which is not displayed with the saved value until you changed it) all is OK for me...

Do you use a steam install or a "normal" install ? Do you use Left Alt ?

Can you try to change the line "hunting=0" to "hunting=2" in d3dx.ini, start DCS check by pressing NUM0 that a some green text are displayed on screen (not in HMD), and then press ALT+F12 ? You should have a message saying "successfully reloading..."

If you have a red message during DCS loading or by using ALT+F12, that means something is wrong in your configuration.

You can also try to rename d3dx_user.ini in d3dx_user.ini.bak and see if setting saving is working.

• lefuneste01 changed the title to 3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

I've activated this mod via OVGME and can't get LSHIFT + F7 to do anything. Using latest Openbeta. Have checked key bindings and there seems to be no conflict in DCS. Any ideas?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

5 hours ago, zildac said:

I've activated this mod via OVGME and can't get LSHIFT + F7 to do anything. Using latest Openbeta. Have checked key bindings and there seems to be no conflict in DCS. Any ideas?

You don’t have VR shaders performance mod installed? I’ve noticed this mod doesn’t work with that mod installed. It’s a shame as Lefuneste’s mod is essential for me now, but the only way the channel map performance is acceptable for me is with the shaders performance mod. I use open beta with Lefunestes mod, and stable with VR shaders mod. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hi, No I did try it (using OVGME) but tbh noticed no real improvement. It has since been deactivated. That said, I don't have an issue with VR performance (I don't have the channel map), I was mostly interested in the copy functionality and the cockpit FXAA. Logs look OK, just no menu or any other indication that the mod is active when pressing LSHIFT + F7..most odd

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

That’s strange it’s not working. You have latest version? I use JSGME but I would assume it’s the same process for OVGME. All maps run great for me performance wise, just the channel, but the channel is a known problem for most VR users. 

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Odd isn't it. Yes, 8.1 from the link in this post. Agreed, it just copies the bin directory into the main DCS Worlds directory, I can see the files from the MOD are being moved in etc so no idea

Edited by zildac

3 hours ago, zildac said:

Odd isn't it. Yes, 8.1 from the link in this post. Agreed, it just copies the bin directory into the main DCS Worlds directory, I can see the files from the MOD are being moved in etc so no idea

Maybe you can try to clean metashaders2 and  FXO directory in savegame/DCS and do a game repair ?

Then modify d3dx.ini and replace hunting=0 by hunting=2. launch game, press num0 : you should have green lines displayed at top and bottom of display. Then we will see what to do next.

Edited by lefuneste01

Maybe you can try to clean metashaders2 and  FXO directory in savegame/DCS and do a game repair ?
Then modify d3dx.ini and replace hunting=0 by hunting=2. launch game, press num0 : you should have green lines displayed at top and bottom of display. Then we will see what to do next.
Thanks, I'll try that. I've done the others except for the hunting parameter change in the ini. I did see a post that was similar. If I don't get that visual indication then I guess it's definitely not hooking.

I never tried it yet.

Installed and checked Today - what a great mod 👏!

In IL-2 BoX we have SHARPEN option (great tool for VR), this mod gives it also in DCS! Wow. I needed it  :thumbup: .

btw. are other options like default if I didnt touch it (I need only sharpness)?

btw2. How can I back the look of cursor in cockpit? I dont like this (black with lines), prefer default one (whole with the same colour). Thx.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It looks like this:

8ejYNGv.jpg

How can I revert back defualt version (whole blue and green for wheel mouse). This version is poor visible 🙄.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

It looks like this:

8ejYNGv.jpg

How can I revert back defualt version (whole blue and green for wheel mouse). This version is poor visible 🙄.

It's not wanted...I forgot to have a look on it. I will fix it for next version.

11 hours ago, YoYo said:

btw. are other options like default if I didnt touch it (I need only sharpness)?

Only labels are masked by cockpit frame by default, All other things should remain as in standard game, except bugs.

copy / paste of radio message will also work by default, but you will have to press the keys to activate the function.

You should have a look on NVG scaling, it's also nice.

Edited by lefuneste01

18 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

It's not wanted...I forgot to have a look on it. I will fix it for next version.

Thank You! What I noticed sametimes is ok...but sametimes not :thumbsup:.

I havent idea why. So cant wait for the fix 🙂 ! Thx.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

And btw. I see that this mod doesnt work with "VR shaders mod" (which I personally do not use, maybe to check sometimes 🙂 something ) but if Id like to use VR shader mod + this (but only option sharpness for cockpit and external view) is it possible (so like "lite version")? What would I have to change then in your mod?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Hey @lefuneste01- hoping you might be able to help.

In the process of trying to create my own stand alone application to "copy and paste" the map coordinates in the UFC of the aircraft by using OCR to read the coords then literally send the keystrokes to DCS.

Got it working in principle in desktop mode as I'm able to know exactly where the map coords are pretty easily: 

However, I'm hoping you can help me understand how I might be able to grab them in VR mode. Any ideas how I could do it in C,C++,C#, or use part of your tool to write them out? Or just export them from DCS directly?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

58 minutes ago, RoyMi6 said:

Hey @lefuneste01- hoping you might be able to help.

In the process of trying to create my own stand alone application to "copy and paste" the map coordinates in the UFC of the aircraft by using OCR to read the coords then literally send the keystrokes to DCS.

Got it working in principle in desktop mode as I'm able to know exactly where the map coords are pretty easily: 

However, I'm hoping you can help me understand how I might be able to grab them in VR mode. Any ideas how I could do it in C,C++,C#, or use part of your tool to write them out? Or just export them from DCS directly?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Hello, I'm afraid I can not help. I copy rendered frame from a shader, that is a bitmap, to another texture for another shader. But 3dmigoto has no output channels. Even if you managed to put an OCR into a shader, you won't be able to send anything to game than display changes...No way to write files or send data to a port...

But the lib is opensource : https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases

Edited by lefuneste01