3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Just installed and did some testing with this mod on my triple screen 2d setup.  Must say it works beautifully in 2d.  Have only tweaked on the haze setting (which alone is worth using this mod)---but I'm amazed how your FXAA and sharpening implementation comes so close to the more demanding MSAA in removing jaggies and shimmer.  Also appreciate that it still works with MSAA enabled, as MSAA with this mod operating looks better than it does in stock.  The lighting and reflections add so much.

For other 2d users who, like me, may have passed over this "VR mod"---it is worth a try.

Thank you, lefuneste01, for sharing this.

• Like 1

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

Hi there again! 

I've been using the mod with the latest 2.7.5 version, and I've noticed that the "very coarse" adjustment setting now moves the second decimal place, where it used to change the first decimal place the last time I had to set it up. Is there a way to put it back to the way it was? I'm finding it takes a really long time to make coarse adjustments now, especially since you can't just hold down the keys to adjust, you have to press them repeatedly, once for each step. (This is another request too maybe: can you make it so the adjustment key can be held down and the parameter will just keep going up or down till you release the key?).

Thanks again for the great mod! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Hello, as it looks like the last OB did not break anything in the mod, I published in first post the 11.2 :

• New MFD and HUD sharpen setting page
  • Fix issue when using Kegetys shader Mod and water=high

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 2 weeks later...

hi there.

Tried to use your mod but no matter how many times i've "installed" it the LShift+F7 combination never worked in-game.

what am I missing?

edit:  I opened the archive and simply pasted the /bin folder over the game, verified the files are all there.

Edited by peachmonkey

8 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

hi there.

Tried to use your mod but no matter how many times i've "installed" it the LShift+F7 combination never worked in-game.

what am I missing?

edit:  I opened the archive and simply pasted the /bin folder over the game, verified the files are all there.

Hello. did your check your graphics options (see limitation in first post )?

Are you using other mods ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

On 8/22/2021 at 3:16 AM, lefuneste01 said:

Hello. did your check your graphics options (see limitation in first post )?

Are you using other mods ?

hi, lefuneste01,

"cockpit illumination", "lens effect" and SSA =   these are all OFF in my settings

And as far as the other mods... well, I've installed the "fw190a8 VR prop" mod (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310681/), but it was 5 or 6 months ago, and I don't know even know if it's actually being used since the game was updated so many times since then. I do run the Beta 2.7 release though. Is Beta supported?

2 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

hi, lefuneste01,

"cockpit illumination", "lens effect" and SSA =   these are all OFF in my settings

And as far as the other mods... well, I've installed the "fw190a8 VR prop" mod (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310681/), but it was 5 or 6 months ago, and I don't know even know if it's actually being used since the game was updated so many times since then. I do run the Beta 2.7 release though. Is Beta supported?

Hello, both versions are supported. Can you check if a d3d11_log.txt us existing in dame directory than dcs.exe ? You should also have there  d3d11.dll, shaderfixes directory,...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, peachmonkey said:

hi there.

what am I missing?

This is happening to me too now. I have the mod installed as before, and its "effects" are still there (ie haze and reflections are turned right down, NVG are slightly bigger than default), but when I hit LShift F7, nothing happens. I uninstalled the mod, and the effects went back to default (haze and reflections came back, NVG to default), then I reinstalled the mod, and all my 3dmigoto settings came back, but I still can't access the menu through LShift F7. I checked the bin directory, the d3d11_log.txt file is there:

image.png

Thanks!

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Hi @lefuneste01,

Thanks for taking a look. For me, I have been always doing it with the kegetys mod installed as well. Maybe I'll try again without doing that first, but I'm pretty sure the last time I had the menu working, kegetys was there as well since you have to put that on before your mod. Again, its weird because the "effects" of your mod are there, I just can't bring up the menu. And yes, I am doing it in the cockpit.

I will try again without kegetys and see how it goes. Just curious though, are your "previous versions" available online somewhere? 

Thanks again!

Hello, previous version are only on my PC, but they won't change your issue, same shaders are used.

Can you try to

• do a full repair of DCS
  • install kegetys mod
  • install my 3dmigoto mod for kegetys mod
  • install my mod again

And ses if it is working again.

Otherwise, you can try to rename d3dx_user.ini, which contain settings for the mod.

A clean up is something I've needed to do for a while. I've been avoiding it because

(a) It's a pain in the butt to rebuild all the shaders

(b) I keep thinking "there will be a game update tomorrow" but it's been like a month now! 

Anyways, surely there will be a game update tomorrow, so I will do it then! 😀

18 hours ago, rafalg78 said:

The same issue with menu, LShift+F7 is not working. I am using together with VR shaders mod.

It is likelly that VR shader mod would break the mod. Try to apply the mod for VR shader mod (provided with 3dmigoto) on top of the VR shader mod...

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kelmcguir said:

I installed this mod and Kegetys and it works in single player.  I couldn't get into a server with it though.  Does it not pass the integrity checks?

The mod itself should, but not the kegetys.

So either remove the kegetys mod, or have a look here for version that should be IC compatible: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/257795-vr-shaders-for-ic-pass-clear-water-and-texture-fixes/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-4777686

The best way to unsinstall the kegetys mod is to do a full repair if you did not backup the shader folder. You can keep the 3dmigoto mod without issue because it doesnt change any game file.

The mod for shadermod should be installed on the IC mod, but I did not check if all modified files are in the IC version. Maybe there are more in the mod for shader mod than in IC mod, so they make brake IC. There are too many version of shader mod, I will not provide compatibility patch for all of them...You should have a look on files in mod for shader mod and check if they are in IC mod. If not, remove them. But I can not guarantee that all features will work in thé 3dmigoto. Try and report...

Edited by lefuneste01

On 10/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, derfritz said:

Also doesn't work for me even after a full repair sadly. No 2D nor VR. No mods installed at all.

Hello,

I did the troubleshooting guide joined here. Can you try it and give feedback ?

DCS 3dmigoto troubleshooting guide.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, derfritz said:

Thanks nice guide! Hunting=1 showed me the mod is working, and alt-f7 did open the menu.

Great, I will add it to the first post. So you were able to test feature of the mod ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and thanks for this very useful mod !

I've some trouble to have it working with the latest open beta: 2.7.7.14727.

RSHIFT+F7 is working as expected, but RSHIFT+F3 is not (I tried ont F-18 and F-16).

Has someone the same issue?

N.B. I already tried the repair option.

Have a really annoying situation where this mod was working on latest OB release but ive had to reinstall dcs, now no longer working.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV