3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

4 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I mean you may use Fhloger's sharpening instead of mine or Reshade, as it used also CAS algorithm.

I'm using all 3.  Doesn't seem to impact performance and all 3 work differently.  Fholger's don't seem to sharpen MFD fonts for example and yours does.  But using too much of yours on exterior seem to introduce black borders around HUD fonts.  ReShade one seem to sharpen much finer.  Using little bit of all 3 seem to work the best.

Just started messing with this one.

Should my night cockpit look like this?

Also the hangar lobby looks like it's under water.

pit.PNG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Is there a particular order when toggling these?

help.PNG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

OK, so finally figured out the combination to defeat the night issues since last OB update, this mod and Kegetys.

Install went fine, can open using LSHFT+F7, cycle all the menus and save/close.. But I don't see any change in game .. Been trying out using the AV-8B and F18 specifically. The AV-8B NVG are now the single monocle, so I guess that is a change, but I can't adjust size, convergence or anything, and no other menu seems to affect anything in game.. No other effects are seen either when adjusting any of the menu's.

All options in settings are as required per install instructions, and flying VR exclusively. Using Kegetys Clear water and your newest file.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Spetz

9 minutes ago, Spetz said:

OK, so finally figured out the combination to defeat the night issues since last OB update, this mod and Kegetys.

Install went fine, can open using LSHFT+F7, cycle all the menus and save/close.. But I don't see any change in game .. Been trying out using the AV-8B and F18 specifically. The AV-8B NVG are now the single monocle, so I guess that is a change, but I can't adjust size, convergence or anything, and no other menu seems to affect anything in game..

All options in settings are as required per install instructions, and flying VR exclusively. Using Kegetys Clear water and your newest file.

Am I missing something?

Make sure you don't have other control options keys bound for INS/DEL HOME/END PG UP/PG DOWN

--Arthur C Clark

Hello, at first : Do a full repair, install the 3dmigoto mod only. Test it and check all is working.

Then install again full kegetys mod, the patch for last beta and the shader mod for 3dmigoto compatibility. I did not test speed-of-heat version of shader mod. Maybe some files are missing in his version to make it work with my mod.

The easiest thing to check is to setup cockpit color mod to zero => cockpit should be black. If nothing or all image change, there is something wrong.

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

17 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, at first : Do a full repair, install the 3dmigoto mod only. Test it and check all is working.

Then install again full kegetys mod, the patch for last beta and the shader mod for 3dmigoto compatibility. I did not test speed-of-heat version of shader mod. Maybe some files are missing in his version to make it work with my mod.

The easiest thing to check is to setup cockpit color mod to zero => cockpit should be black. If nothing or all image change, there is something wrong.

Thanks. I'll try this procedure out.

On 11/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, Taz1004 said:

I'm using all 3.  Doesn't seem to impact performance and all 3 work differently.  Fholger's don't seem to sharpen MFD fonts for example and yours does.  But using too much of yours on exterior seem to introduce black borders around HUD fonts.  ReShade one seem to sharpen much finer.  Using little bit of all 3 seem to work the best.

Taz could you please elaborate a bit on the configuration you have running on all 3 for sharpening? You also talk about a custom hog cockpit to remove reflections, which one is that? I find it tricky to find a good balance and remove the shimmer, which is driving me a bit nuts. Thanks

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

10 hours ago, Ready_ENP said:

Taz could you please elaborate a bit on the configuration you have running on all 3 for sharpening? You also talk about a custom hog cockpit to remove reflections, which one is that? I find it tricky to find a good balance and remove the shimmer, which is driving me a bit nuts. Thanks

It all depends on the headset so what works for me might not work for you.  Any kind of sharpen filter if you use too high of setting, it introduces artifacting so using little bit of all 3 seems to give best result.  And since this post, I switched to Fholger's 2.0 which sharpens MFD also.

I use ReShade CAS Sharpen plus SMAA.  I atttach it here with my setting.

VR sharpen SMAA.zip

I don't use in-game MSAA but you may want to if shimmers bother you.  For me, blurriness bothers me more than shimmers.  I find CAS Sharpen to give the best sharpen overall.

Then small amount of 3DMigoto's cockpit plus exterior sharpen.  I use 1.2 but might turn it down to 1.1 or turn it off because of new Fholger's.

Fholger's 2.0, I use NIS instead of FSR.  0.67 Render scale and Sharpness 0.3.

NIS in Fholger's lowers resolution and upsamples so altho minimal, there will be quality loss.  So you need to compensate by increasing your VR resolution.  Then you improve both quality and performance.  I increased from 2600 vertical resolution to 2800 for my Vive Pro.  But I only have GTX 1080.

So NIS will render at 1876 vertical resolution (2800x0.67) then upscale to 2800.  So it's still rendering much lower than what I originally had at 2600 which gives significant performance boost.  You may want to increase VR resolution higher if quality is more important than performance.

I also use Simplex shaders.  For simplicity.

For A10C-II cockpit with no reflection, I use my own below.

Edited by Taz1004

10 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

It all depends on the headset so what works for me might not work for you.  Any kind of sharpen filter if you use too high of setting, it introduces artifacting so using little bit of all 3 seems to give best result.  And since this post, I switched to Fholger's 2.0 which sharpens MFD also.

I use ReShade CAS Sharpen plus SMAA.  I atttach it here with my setting.

VR sharpen SMAA.zip 3.84 MB · 5 downloads

I don't use in-game MSAA but you may want to if shimmers bother you.  For me, blurriness bothers me more than shimmers.  I find CAS Sharpen to give the best sharpen overall.

Then small amount of 3DMigoto's cockpit plus exterior sharpen.  I use 1.2 but might turn it down to 1.1 or turn it off because of new Fholger's.

Fholger's 2.0, I use NIS instead of FSR.  0.67 Render scale and Sharpness 0.3.

NIS in Fholger's lowers resolution and upsamples so altho minimal, there will be quality loss.  So you need to compensate by increasing your VR resolution.  Then you improve both quality and performance.  I increased from 2600 vertical resolution to 2800 for my Vive Pro.  But I only have GTX 1080.

So NIS will render at 1876 vertical resolution (2800x0.67) then upscale to 2800.  So it's still rendering much lower than what I originally had at 2600 which gives significant performance boost.  You may want to increase VR resolution higher if quality is more important than performance.

I also use Simplex shaders.  For simplicity.

For A10C-II cockpit with no reflection, I use my own below.

Thank you for the details and sharing the mod. I will take a close look at things. For me performance is way more important than the visuals. I prefer maximum smoothness over a bit more clarity. (which is why I am very interested in trying your ' little bit of all 3'. I even turn down trees and ground textures because I am flying pretty low with the hog and on our multiplayer server the frames kill me if I turn things up. I am using the G2 and turned the SS down to 80%, which is good enough for me. Will also try the Simplex again. You said it also speeds up loading right? The only thing that really bothers me now is the dumb trees growing out of nowhere..

Thanks again!

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

9 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Version 11.4 available in first post : compatibility with OB 2.7.8.16140

Upgraded last night... just noticing this today.

Start a mission, fly around a bit, open either the F10 map or exit to the main menu and I can see an opaque, silhouette of the cockpit. Shows in both HMD and monitor mirror view.

Remains until exit.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 163927.png

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

9 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Version 11.4 available in first post : compatibility with OB 2.7.8.16140

Hi Lefuneste, I am trying to install 3dMigoto and follow your instructions but am having some difficulty. 

When I follow the steps you describe under 'installation' in the original post I get a couple of warnings. I have the Ketegys mod already installed. 

• Install Kegetys shader mod from here 
    I am using the VR Shaders mod for 2.7.7.14727 (clear water, IC pass) and already have it installed.
  • If you are using a version > 2.7.7.15038 only copy in DCS installation directory the files and directories from the directory "DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727" included in the 3dmigoto mod zip file. It will fix Kegetys mod for DCS version.
    I get a message that it overlaps with \bazar\shaders\deferred\compose.fx, which I approve.
  •  Copy in DCS installation directory the files and directories from the directory "update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1", included in the 3dmigoto mod zip file. It overwrite some files of the Kegetys mod and so will setup defaults options compatible with the 3dmigoto mod and some shader to be driven by setup menu.
    I get a message to overwrite _HMD.hlsl, NVD_common.hlsl and NVD_HDR.fx. Which I approve.

After this I am not getting the Shift F7 menu. How could I best proceed? The VR Shader mod really helps with the frametimes.

Thanks for the help,

• Thanks 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

13 hours ago, Ready said:

Hi Lefuneste, I am trying to install 3dMigoto and follow your instructions but am having some difficulty. 

When I follow the steps you describe under 'installation' in the original post I get a couple of warnings. I have the Ketegys mod already installed. 

• Install Kegetys shader mod from here 
    I am using the VR Shaders mod for 2.7.7.14727 (clear water, IC pass) and already have it installed.
  • If you are using a version > 2.7.7.15038 only copy in DCS installation directory the files and directories from the directory "DCS VR Shaders mod patch for 2.7.7.14727" included in the 3dmigoto mod zip file. It will fix Kegetys mod for DCS version.
    I get a message that it overlaps with \bazar\shaders\deferred\compose.fx, which I approve.
  •  Copy in DCS installation directory the files and directories from the directory "update Kegetys VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.1", included in the 3dmigoto mod zip file. It overwrite some files of the Kegetys mod and so will setup defaults options compatible with the 3dmigoto mod and some shader to be driven by setup menu.
    I get a message to overwrite _HMD.hlsl, NVD_common.hlsl and NVD_HDR.fx. Which I approve.

After this I am not getting the Shift F7 menu. How could I best proceed? The VR Shader mod really helps with the frametimes.

Thanks for the help,

There is a troubleshooting guide in the first post can you try it ?  At first try to make the mod working without kegetys mod, then add the kegetys mod.

14 hours ago, Sr. said:

Upgraded last night... just noticing this today.

Start a mission, fly around a bit, open either the F10 map or exit to the main menu and I can see an opaque, silhouette of the cockpit. Shows in both HMD and monitor mirror view.

Remains until exit.

Screenshot 2021-11-19 163927.png

Is this issue only in the hangar ? I can not reproduce it...Which scenario to have this problem ?

Edited by lefuneste01

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

There is a troubleshooting guide in the first post can you try it ?  At first try to make the mod working without kegetys mod, then add the kegetys mod.

Thanks, removed the mods, did a repair. Installed 3Dmigoto clean, followed by the shaders mod and the 3Dmigoto patches. The Shift-F7 menu works now. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

12 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Is this issue only in the hangar ? I can not reproduce it...Which scenario to have this problem ?

I see in in the hangar and F-10 map. With the F-16/FA-18 any quick start mission.

Will try that.

Edited by Sr.
Still happens no matter what order. Even ran a DCS repair install.

--Arthur C Clark

On 11/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, Sr. said:

Just started messing with this one.

Should my night cockpit look like this?

Also the hangar lobby looks like it's under water.

pit.PNG

I had that same effect today! Plus the washed out hangar, even though the menu was clear. What did you do to fix it? Reinstall the whole bunch?

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

25 minutes ago, Ready said:

I had that same effect today! Plus the washed out hangar, even though the menu was clear. What did you do to fix it? Reinstall the whole bunch?

TBH, I've sidelined it for now. I spend way more time tweaking than flying lately.

--Arthur C Clark

5 minutes ago, Sr. said:

TBH, I've sidelined it for now. I spend way more time tweaking than flying lately.

Haha so true. Same here. I don't care about the washed out hangar, but would like to get the night view fixed. Will tinker some more with it..

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I was surpised by fps, so I did some measurements with fpsVR in Quick Mission / A10CII / takeoff,  without and with my mod, without and with Kegetys mod. I supressed my DCS setting and set them to the value I used, to check if something may impact fps on this side also.

With the last beta, it seems that the Kegetys mod is actually slightly decreasing fps ! At least with this scenario when you need every single fps...

As I was not able to find any new "readable" shader in last beta (even though they removed white balance) I think they moved additional shader into encrypted files. So maybe Kegetys optimization are not taken into account. From my point of view, it's no more worth to install it and risk install issue. Too bad.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by lefuneste01

Just reloaded to confirm label masking is (and has been off). Still have the effect with any airframe.

Does not appear if switching from external view to map or hangar screen.

--Arthur C Clark