3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

6 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Yes

OK, then I'm looking forward to testing your mod. If it works for everyone, devs should be able to fix this issue rather quickly.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

26 minutes ago, Flappie said:

OK, then I'm looking forward to testing your mod. If it works for everyone, devs should be able to fix this issue rather quickly.

Its works perfectly Flappie, finally no FPS reduction in VR when CBU bombing or gun strafing !!! I posted about this bug since many months ago 

Edited by Gryzor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gryzor said:

Its works perfectly Flappie, finally no FPS reduction in VR when CBU bombing or gun strafing !!! I posted about this bug since many months ago 

Sometime you have to do it yourself to make things moving, just by giving the proof it is possible and paint devs back into corner...

• Like 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

49 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Sometime you have to do it yourself to make things moving, just by giving the proof it is possible and paint devs back into corner...

So is the F3 fix persistent or have to be triggered on each restart?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 12/28/2021 at 3:35 AM, lefuneste01 said:

The new 12.0 version is not officialy released, as I still have to improve flat shadow soften feature.

In the meantime, you can get a 12 beta version here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/xk1auhm2hilxbkg/3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0beta.zip/file, that features the fix for crater (toggled on/off by ALT F3) and the flat shadow soften (toggled on/off in MISC menu). I did also some cleaning, this version is only working with the last OB.

I also provided a patch for Kegetys/SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod clear water-non IC (in folder "update Kegetys SpeedOfHeat VR Shaders mod for 3Dmigoto v1.2") to allowit to work wiht my mod.

I was trying out the shadow soften feature, but it completely blacks out the cockpit.

Also, when I'm trying to adjust color saturation etc, all I really see is brightness and contrast type effect.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

I'm trying this with Kegety's full version and your patch and cockpit sharpen doesn't seem to work.  However, cluster bomb frame rate loss in fact is fixed.

Just a suggestion but I think more people would use this if you make it simpler.  Just make single file people can download and install instead as patch update.  One original version and one for Kegety's version.  And I would simplify the instruction on original page too as the detailed instruction is in the readme file.

Edited by Taz1004
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

@Taz1004injust use your version seems to work?

Does it?  I didn't try that, I just copied lefunest's patch over my fixed version.  But having combined version (Kegety's and 3Dmigoto) would reduce a lot of confusion I think.

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

I was trying out the shadow soften feature, but it completely blacks out the cockpit.

Also, when I'm trying to adjust color saturation etc, all I really see is brightness and contrast type effect.

Did you have the graphic settings given in first post ? Are you using other shader mods ? Did you do the troubleshooting guide ?

I already distribute a version that is working for both vanilla and speed of heat version of kegetys mod clear water non IC., knowing that the original Kegetys is now not compatible with the latest DCS version.

In fact  I currently have to handle 6 configuration of the mod, because each MSAA factor is creating a different version of shaders. Every settings in kegetys mod change shaders, that's why it need to be pached  in a fixed configuration compatible with my mod. I can not do it from my mod.

There is currently 1 thread with support of Kegetys mod, driven by Speed of Heat, but a lot of different version of Kegetys. So I used his version to provide compatibily wiht my mod. It was already too complex to start from original Kegetys mod, as I did for the 11.2, people get loose because they have two patch to apply on Kegetys mod. So the first question is : which kegetys mod to use ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

12 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

So the first question is : which kegetys mod to use ?

The original.

This is the original made compatible with latest DCS.

I don't think Speed of Heat's version nor Simplex has conflict with 3Dmigoto?  I believe the original full version is only one that has conflict.

You already have all the files, I was simply suggesting to package it differently so it's easier for users.

Edited by Taz1004

59 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

I'm trying this with Kegety's full version and your patch and cockpit sharpen doesn't seem to work.  However, cluster bomb frame rate loss in fact is fixed.

Just a suggestion but I think more people would use this if you make it simpler.  Just make single file people can download and install instead as patch update.  One original version and one for Kegety's version.  And I would simplify the instruction on original page too as the detailed instruction is in the readme file.

Simple yes: all I really want to do is adjust the cockpit sharpening and/or color without having the external affected or vice versa. I tend to get lost trying to figure out what exactly do Alt+F8 and Shift+F1 do, they seem to cycle between 3-4 different settings. And there really needs to be a settings file (.ini) to save settings in the even we have to rip and reinstall.

Edited by Sr.

--Arthur C Clark

28 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Did you have the graphic settings given in first post ? Are you using other shader mods ? Did you do the troubleshooting guide ?

I already distribute a version that is working for both vanilla and speed of heat version of kegetys mod clear water non IC., knowing that the original Kegetys is now not compatible with the latest DCS version.

In fact  I currently have to handle 6 configuration of the mod, because each MSAA factor is creating a different version of shaders. Every settings in kegetys mod change shaders, that's why it need to be pached  in a fixed configuration compatible with my mod. I can not do it from my mod.

There is currently 1 thread with support of Kegetys mod, driven by Speed of Heat, but a lot of different version of Kegetys. So I used his version to provide compatibily wiht my mod. It was already too complex to start from original Kegetys mod, as I did for the 11.2, people get loose because they have two patch to apply on Kegetys mod. So the first question is : which kegetys mod to use ?

I'm using the following

Screenshot 2021-12-30 144238.png

--Arthur C Clark

Noob question: may I ask where the settings are saved so that I can back them up?  TIA.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

Simple yes: all I really want to do is adjust the cockpit sharpening and/or color without having the external affected or vice versa. I tend to get lost trying to figure out what exactly do Alt+F8 and Shift+F1 do, they seem to cycle between 3-4 different settings. And there really needs to be a settings file (.ini) to save settings in the even we have to rip and reinstall.

Color changes are enabled by shift+F1. There are 3 different modes for sharpening, toggled by Alt+ F8. Color and sharpening are independant. Maybe explanations in first post are not clear enough ? What should I add ?

1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

The original.

This is the original made compatible with latest DCS.

I don't think Speed of Heat's version nor Simplex has conflict with 3Dmigoto?  I believe the original full version is only one that has conflict.

You already have all the files, I was simply suggesting to package it differently so it's easier for users.

They do not have exactly the same shaders...So they may brake compatibility with the mod. I won't do a patch or adapt my mod for all of them. I even do not have time to test every of them !

Maybe they should provide a version of their kegetys mod evolution compatible with my mod...

Edited by lefuneste01

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

I'm using the following

Screenshot 2021-12-30 144238.png

The update patch is for speed of heat non IC release, not for the other DCS shader mod...You may also look if other mod are not modifying shaders.

2 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

The update patch is for speed of heat non IC release, not for the other DCS shader mod...You may also look if other mod are not modifying shaders.

Funny thing though, without the patch applied I can pull up the on screen menu and adjust number using INS DEL, HOME END etc, but they have no apparent effect. Until I came back out of game and enabled the patch, then all the settings I was fiddling with were applied

--Arthur C Clark

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help. I installed the 3Dmigoto VR mod and I am unable to save my settings, when I hit LALT+F12 it doesn't save and all the settings revert back to the original. Everything works as long as the menu is open. The only other mod I have installed is the Openvr_fsr mod from fholder. I have also tried saving the settings with the Openvr_fsr mod off. I use ovgme to install and uninstall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, m0zz said:

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help. I installed the 3Dmigoto VR mod and I am unable to save my settings, when I hit LALT+F12 it doesn't save and all the settings revert back to the original. Everything works as long as the menu is open. The only other mod I have installed is the Openvr_fsr mod from fholder. I have also tried saving the settings with the Openvr_fsr mod off. I use ovgme to install and uninstall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Check to see if that .dll file(I think) or the entire folder is maybe write protected.

--Arthur C Clark

Any help, please?

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

7 hours ago, Sr. said:

Funny thing though, without the patch applied I can pull up the on screen menu and adjust number using INS DEL, HOME END etc, but they have no apparent effect. Until I came back out of game and enabled the patch, then all the settings I was fiddling with were applied

I had to do tricky things because of limitation of 3dmigoto library. I need for example to identify sky to know if player is in cockpit or not, this sky shader is modified by Kegetys shader mods, and this  version is created regarding user settings in the Kegetys mod config file...As soon as you are using a mod that is modifying game shader shader there is a risk...

7 hours ago, Sr. said:

Check to see if that .dll file(I think) or the entire folder is maybe write protected.

Have a look in the folder where DCS.exe is. You should have a file named d3dx_user.ini which contain menu settings. If not try to create it and give full access right to everyone

@VFGiPJP :this is the file.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1