3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

There was no file named d3dx-user.ini, in the bin folder in DCS,  so I created one in notepad++. I went into the new file and gave it full access rights. No joy, it still won't save when I hit LALT+F12 it just reverts back to the original settings. Is there anything else I can try.

Thanks

57 minutes ago, m0zz said:

There was no file named d3dx-user.ini, in the bin folder in DCS,  so I created one in notepad++. I went into the new file and gave it full access rights. No joy, it still won't save when I hit LALT+F12 it just reverts back to the original settings. Is there anything else I can try.

Thanks

Should be d3dx_user.ini  underscore instead of -

Try mine... there's not a lot saved to it. Minor changes.

d3dx_user.ini

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

5 hours ago, Sr. said:

Should be d3dx_user.ini  underscore instead of -

Try mine... there's not a lot saved to it. Minor changes.

d3dx_user.ini 2.33 kB · 1 download

Thanks SR., I copied your file into my bin folder and while it worked it made the interior of my cockpit black. I noticed that your file had entry's for kegety's mod which I don't use. I edited all of your entry's out and when I tried to save my entry's it wouldn't work. By the way, when I created  the d3dx_user.ini I used the underscore, I just made a mistake when typing my previous post. Thanks anyway. Maybe lefuneste01 might have a solution.

40 minutes ago, m0zz said:

Thanks SR., I copied your file into my bin folder and while it worked it made the interior of my cockpit black. I noticed that your file had entry's for kegety's mod which I don't use. I edited all of your entry's out and when I tried to save my entry's it wouldn't work. By the way, when I created  the d3dx_user.ini I used the underscore, I just made a mistake when typing my previous post. Thanks anyway. Maybe lefuneste01 might have a solution.

Sorry, forgot I had to patch with this to not get the black cockpit.

d3dx.ini

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

17 hours ago, Sr. said:

d3dx.ini 68.96 kB · 4 downloads

The d3dx.ini  file you are providing is an old version and will not allow to fix the CBU and minigun fps issue...

But I see the problem. I left an old optimization so the color or sharpen  fix are only working if flat shadow if is toggled on. I did not see it because I have this option on. I'll fix it.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

On 1/1/2022 at 1:06 AM, Sr. said:

d3dx.ini 68.96 kB · 6 downloads

I did a new check and the mod is OK. I made a mistake in the comparison I did yesterday...

I do not understand you issue, color changing is working for me without issue: for example I added saturation for cockit and lower saturation for external.

Screen_220102_114633.png

On 1/1/2022 at 12:24 AM, m0zz said:

Here is my d3dx_user.zip. Try to put it in the same folder than DCS.exe. Check the access right for everyone once done. Where is your DCS installed ? Is it in "program files" ?

d3dx_user.zip

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

45 minutes ago, aceviper said:

Latest version

Using trackir and when not centered.....

Main menu and briefing text is obscured.

I think label masking is porked and blocking game gui text.

Can you post a track? I do not have any issue with GUI, but it may be context dependant...

Another oddity:

Lately, if I open the options to show on screen, then save (Alt+F12)... the menu closes from it's normal position (upper left) but is then stuck being displayed on the right MFCD/TGP display when flying the A-10C II.

--Arthur C Clark

6 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I did a new check and the mod is OK. I made a mistake in the comparison I did yesterday...

I do not understand you issue, color changing is working for me without issue: for example I added saturation for cockit and lower saturation for external.

Screen_220102_114633.png

Here is my d3dx_user.zip. Try to put it in the same folder than DCS.exe. Check the access right for everyone once done. Where is your DCS installed ? Is it in "program files" ?

d3dx_user.zip 753 B · 1 download

My DCS is installed in "program files" I installed the "d3dx_user.ini" in the "bin" folder where the "DCS.exe" file is located. I created the file in notepad++ and gave the file access to everyone. I will try your file to see if it works. Thanks.

1 hour ago, m0zz said:

My DCS is installed in "program files" I installed the "d3dx_user.ini" in the "bin" folder where the "DCS.exe" file is located. I created the file in notepad++ and gave the file access to everyone. I will try your file to see if it works. Thanks.

I think the issue is the location of the DCS install. windows put some restriction to modify files in "program files*" folders.

44 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I think the issue is the location of the DCS install. windows put some restriction to modify files in "program files*" folders.

I installed your file and while I was not able to save my changes to the file with LAlt+F12, I was able to edit the file with notepad++, so I got the changes that I wanted, which is the reduction of atmospheric haze, which I think came with my Pimax 8kx. Thanks.

I knew about this mod recently when asking about any fix for the poor performance of the craters. As far as I can tell only the CBU fix is activated but I get scratches like this in the canopy glass:

Screen_220102_204645.png

As I'm still unfamiliar with the mod I'm a bit lost about why the scratches are resized like that.

1 minute ago, average_pilot said:

I knew about this mod recently when asking about any fix for the poor performance of the craters. As far as I can tell only the CBU fix is activated but I get scratches like this in the canopy glass:

Screen_220102_204645.png

As I'm still unfamiliar with the mod I'm a bit lost about why the scratches are resized like that.

Hello, can you post a track to allow me to check if I can reproduce it ? Dds you set you graphic settings like shown in troubleshooting guide provided in first post ?

22 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Hello, can you post a track to allow me to check if I can reproduce it ? Dds you set you graphic settings like shown in troubleshooting guide provided in first post ?

Hi. After checking everything I still get those scaled canopy scratches. I'm attaching a track.

There is another ignored performance bug with the crew of the supercarrier. I wonder if it can be approached the same way than the problem with the craters and fix it in the same fashion.

scratches.trk

9 minutes ago, average_pilot said:

Hi. After checking everything I still get those scaled canopy scratches. I'm attaching a track.

There is another ignored performance bug with the crew of the supercarrier. I wonder if it can be approached the same way than the problem with the craters and fix it in the same fashion.

scratches.trk 229.78 kB · 0 downloads

I'll check with your track.

For fps, there could be a solution only if the performance issue is created by GPU and not by GPU. Is it the case ?

11 hours ago, average_pilot said:

I found the issue. Can you unzip the joined file in bin\ShaderFixes and delete 0e9e8d7e61ece209-ps_replace.bin ?

0e9e8d7e61ece209-ps_replace.zip

8 hours ago, Xerno said:

Hi it seems label masking is not working for new units showing up.

Can you post a track ?

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

I found the issue. Can you unzip the joined file in bin\ShaderFixes and delete 0e9e8d7e61ece209-ps_replace.bin ?

0e9e8d7e61ece209-ps_replace.zip 12.5 kB · 2 downloads

Interestingly, now the scratches are rendered at the correct size below 11215 ft and are replaced by the bigger version above that height. I provide a track.

scratchesII.trk

28 minutes ago, average_pilot said:

Interestingly, now the scratches are rendered at the correct size below 11215 ft and are replaced by the bigger version above that height. I provide a track.

scratchesII.trk 781.53 kB · 1 download

That's a bit funny...The context is 3dmigoto is giving an error when decompiling shader in HSLS. I though I fixed it, but sometime HLSL dumps are not reliable (or this may be also my poor competency as directX developper). I'll have a look again.

33 minutes ago, average_pilot said:

Honestly I'm feeling bad for spending your time.

No, at the opposite it's great to have a tester which report bugs, it make the mod robust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, average_pilot said:

Honestly I'm feeling bad for spending your time.

I checked :

OB with the mod:

mod.jpg

Stable Vanilla game (without the mod)

vanilla.jpg

Honestly, I do not see a difference...Where is your issue ?

Edited by lefuneste01