3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

it looks like you put a lot of sharpen. And the sharpen seems also applyed on external. Maybe it's a side effect of settings ?

Just me fiddling with the settings just in case they could have any effect. Also, it amuses me how with too much sharpen the image looks like old analog TV, kind of trippy in VR.

I've still not got around to trying this mod but am currently running FSR2.0 and speed of heats custom version of Kegetys shaders mod (am running Tazs at the moment), Does this mod help at all with the shimmering in VR? I'm more concerned with graphical fidelity than the label masking etc (as handy as it is). I only run MSAA currently, not SSAA so that doesn't seem to preclude the use of it.

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

25 minutes ago, zildac said:

IDoes this mod help at all with the shimmering in VR?

There is no miracle option but you can have sharpen only on cockpit only (sharpen create shimmering especially on landscape) and there is a "soften" option for flat shadow that may reduce shimmering created by high contrast shadow. I'm still working to improve it a bit.

FXAA can be applyed on landscape, but it does not really reduce shimmering...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I'm still not straight on what exactly is "Label Masking?"

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

There is no miracle option but you can have sharpen only on cockpit only (sharpen create shimmering especially on landscape) and there is a "soften" option for flat shadow that may reduce shimmering created by high contrast shadow. I'm still working to improve it a bit.

FXAA can be applyed on landscape, but it does not really reduce shimmering...

Thanks for clarifying. I have some spare time next week, so I may give it a whirl!

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

hides the label behind the cockpit frame/aircraft

Must be missing something... I see nothing change.

Are you referring to the blue aircraft labels that are toggled off/on under misc or gameplay?

In fact, since reinstalling, I see very little, if any change with anything other than the atmospheric haze.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

7 hours ago, Sr. said:

Must be missing something... I see nothing change.

Are you referring to the blue aircraft labels that are toggled off/on under misc or gameplay?

In fact, since reinstalling, I see very little, if any change with anything other than the atmospheric haze.

See the video in first post at 0:28. Did you use the v12 without changing anything in it or mixing older files (like d3dx.ini) ? Mixing files from different version is the best way to break mod features.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Compose.fx failed to compile. What am I doing wrong. I Can't start dcs after installing mod?

1-I made backup of my shaders

2- copy pasted (DCS World VR shaders mod
      by Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen
)shaders to my dcs shaders

3-I copy pasted mod of Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen shader mod (from 3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0 .zip)

4-I copy pasted 3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0 bin folder to DCS bin folder

Step 3 and 4 doesn't mater because error shows after step 2.

I tried to apply step 3 and 4 after error but I get the same error after applying.

Help!

fail1.PNG

13 minutes ago, zulubravo said:

Compose.fx failed to compile. What am I doing wrong. I Can't start dcs after installing mod?

1-I made backup of my shaders

2- copy pasted (DCS World VR shaders mod
      by Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen
)shaders to my dcs shaders

3-I copy pasted mod of Keijo "Kegetys" Ruotsalainen shader mod (from 3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0 .zip)

4-I copy pasted 3DmigotoDCS_VR_12.0 bin folder to DCS bin folder

Step 3 and 4 doesn't mater because error shows after step 2.

I tried to apply step 3 and 4 after error but I get the same error after applying.

Help!

fail1.PNG

looks like you have the wrong version of Kegetys shaders use this one 

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

45 minutes ago, Cplhardcore said:

Installed this mod via OVGME, Menu pops up in game but there's no visual change? I'm running standalone with no root mods, Rift S 

Did you activate options using menu ? What is not working ? Color change, sharpen, icon masking, shadow softening, performance improvement, haze, reflection, copy/paste of radio messages,... ?

All options are off by default, you have to set them using menu.

Are your graphic settings as what is displayed in troubleshooting guide in first post ?

41 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Did you activate options using menu ? What is not working ? Color change, sharpen, icon masking, shadow softening, performance improvement, haze, reflection, copy/paste of radio messages,... ?

All options are off by default, you have to set them using menu.

Are your graphic settings as what is displayed in troubleshooting guide in first post ?

Graphics are identical, Turned them on via the menu, And nothing at all works, im using the v12 version,

3 hours ago, Cplhardcore said:

Graphics are identical, Turned them on via the menu, And nothing at all works, im using the v12 version,

Did you use troubleshooting guide ? Are you using other mods ? At first, did you try to set mul factor to zero for cockpit ?  (Shift +F1 to allow color change, then setup color mul  zero).

"nothing is working" is a bit unclear....

Did you use troubleshooting guide ? Are you using other mods ? At first, did you try to set mul factor to zero for cockpit ?  (Shift +F1 to allow color change, then setup color mul  zero).

"nothing is working" is a bit unclear....

Yes, No, Yes, And what i mean by nothing is working i mean none of the options change anything, the menu pops up but none of the options do anything

3 minutes ago, Cplhardcore said:

Yes, No, Yes, And what i mean by nothing is working i mean none of the options change anything, the menu pops up but none of the options do anything

Can you put here your options.lua file and a track or a scenario to reproduce your test config  ?

I had the same issue with the options not making any difference to anything, running along side the Clearwater+IC mod installed with ovgme. Not sure what I've done wrong though!

That said, I'm mainly only interested in the CBU performance increase at the moment.

With regards to the HMD.hlsl options for kegetys mod that 3Dmigito needs to be left alone, if I alter those will it just stop that bit from working and revert to the kegetys version?

edit: installed 3Dmigoto on it's own and got the menu up and working, making visible adjustments, but alt+F12 just reverts all of the changes back instead of saving them; can the settings be applied manually?

edit2: retesting it with Clearwater+IC and it won't make any visible changes or save still.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

15 hours ago, edmuss said:

edit: installed 3Dmigoto on it's own and got the menu up and working, making visible adjustments, but alt+F12 just reverts all of the changes back instead of saving them; can the settings be applied manually?

edit2: retesting it with Clearwater+IC and it won't make any visible changes or save still.

Is your DCS installed in program files ?

Dis you apply the patch for clear water shader mod ? And, as I wrote, I did not test the IC version of this mod with my mod. It is likelly it won't work. It is also likelly that the patch for clear water shader mod may brake the IC.

42 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Is your DCS installed in program files ?

Dis you apply the patch for clear water shader mod ? And, as I wrote, I did not test the IC version of this mod with my mod. It is likelly it won't work. It is also likelly that the patch for clear water shader mod may brake the IC.

DCS is in C:\Program Files.

I'm still a bit new around the edges with mods in DCS so bear with me if I've done something stupid!

Initially I imported 3Dmigoto zip file into ovgme and applied it on it's own and it worked ok, made changes via the menus with expected visual results although it wouldn't save the changes with alt+F12.

I then applied the clearwater+IC zip file first and then 3Dmigoto zip file second (are you meant to process the kegetys upgrade folder seperately?) and whilst I can change the values it doesn't appear to change anything visually (unlike above), it also wouldn't save the settings.

I don't actually need the IC as I don't play MP currently so perhaps I should switch to clearwater + 3Dmigoto only?

Ideally I want to use clearwater + 3Dmigoto to be able to sharpen the hud & mfds and improve the CBU performance.

Edited by edmuss

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

@edmuss as @lefuneste01said, Program files protects itself from code making changes to files within program files, its a security/safety measure.  try installing DCS in C:\Games and you should be golden 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Aha, that sort of makes sense; wasn't aware of that limitation.  Now is there any way of moving the installation folder or do I have to redownload the 150ish gig again?

edit: Good stuff 🙂

Edited by edmuss

3 hours ago, edmuss said:

I then applied the clearwater+IC zip file first and then 3Dmigoto zip file second (are you meant to process the kegetys upgrade folder seperately?) and whilst I can change the values it doesn't appear to change anything visually (unlike above), it also wouldn't save the settings.

The installation instructions were unclear for the shader mod. I updated the first post with the following lines: 

• Install Speed-Of-Heat "Clear Water" version of Kegetys shader mod from here . Do not use the "IC Pass" version.

So, as you install the IC version, what you should do is:

• Do a full repair of DCS (see troubleshooting guide)
  • Install "Clear Water" version (not the "IC Pass")

It should work.

20 hours ago, Cplhardcore said:

@edmuss has the same issue than you because he installed the IC shader mod...

Did you do a full repair as written in the troubleshooting guide ?

• Like 1

@lefuneste01 perfect thanks, I'll give it a test tonight 🙂

edit: DCS folder moved to root of C:\ and installation repaired. 3Dmigoto now works as intended and saves the settings, got to get it working with the shader mod next.

Edited by edmuss

@lefuneste01 Testing with SOH Clearwater I can get parts of 3Dmigoto to work, glass reflections can be turned down and changes applied ok but the HUD and MFD sharpening doesn't appear to change.

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, edmuss said:

@lefuneste01 Testing with SOH Clearwater I can get parts of 3Dmigoto to work, glass reflections can be turned down and changes applied ok but the HUD and MFD sharpening doesn't appear to change.

Any thoughts?

Did you check your graphics settings ? Can you post a track ?