3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

2 hours ago, Sr. said:

More info please... link?

See the openxr thread 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Ahh. I thought thats what it was...I cant stand steamVR.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

4 hours ago, Jekel said:

Hello,

Thank you for this mod that I have been using for years. I was first on Occulus then on Reverb G2. The problem with Reverb G2 is that we are forced to use SVR which is a bottleneck.
 A new mod is being released to do without SVR. The problem is that it is not yet compatible with 3DMigoto.
 The real problem for me is that I'm in the habit of copying and pasting the coordinates from the F10 map.

Do you think it would be possible to make a mod only for this function?? 

Thanks in advance

If this is this mod

That means the D3DCompiler_47.dll it includes is breaking the mod...Which error do you have ?

I'm following the thread but did not test it yet, because I need to finish updating my mod for the last beta first. But as motion reprojection seems not working and there is re centering issues, maybe it's worth to wait a bit...What is your feeling about it ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

31 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

But as motion reprojection seems not working and there is re centering issues, maybe it's worth to wait a bit...What is your feeling about it ?

Motion reprojection isn't needed half as much as with steamvr because it's much smoother by default.  Clarity and textures are much better and performance is improved slightly - I see a 5fps (10%) uplift by just switching from steamvr to openxr, that is before enabling the fixed foveated render and any FSR.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

45 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Motion reprojection isn't needed half as much as with steamvr because it's much smoother by default.  Clarity and textures are much better and performance is improved slightly - I see a 5fps (10%) uplift by just switching from steamvr to openxr, that is before enabling the fixed foveated render and any FSR.

But if you have 30 fps or a bit less like I had because of CPU in  AH64 / quick mission / runway start ? Will it remain smooth ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

You can turn smoothing on down to 22fps. It can be set to lock to 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 of the refresh rate in steps 🙂

I'm currently getting loads of visual artifacts with the openxr smoothing but others have reported to have none so it might be something unique to my machine.

Currently I can run fast enough to not need to rely on smoothing but then I've not got the Apache 😄

Edited by edmuss

16 hours ago, edmuss said:

You can turn smoothing on down to 22fps. It can be set to lock to 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 of the refresh rate in steps 🙂

I'm currently getting loads of visual artifacts with the openxr smoothing but others have reported to have none so it might be something unique to my machine.

Currently I can run fast enough to not need to rely on smoothing but then I've not got the Apache 😄

What is the difference between smoothing and reprojection ? Is the diplay frequency tuned down or just the image updated only every xx frame  ?

Smoothing = reprojection, just my bad habit of mixing terminology 🙂

If below refresh rate then openxr holds the frame till most up to date tracking data is available, then releases it.  Essentially unless you're above refresh rate then you're softlocked to half refresh. If you cant sustain half refresh then you're softlocked to third refresh, so on and so forth.

18 hours ago, edmuss said:

How/where is this accomplished ?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Just now, Sr. said:

How/where is this accomplished ?

Set motion reprojection to always on/enabled in the openxr dev toolkit.

Use the ingame openxrtoolkit menu to set the reprojection rate to unlocked/45/30/22.

As I've said in the discord channel I get really bad bubbly artifacts with openxr reprojection but I don't know if that's specific to my machine because other people have used it ok.

11 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Set motion reprojection to always on/enabled in the openxr dev toolkit.

Use the ingame openxrtoolkit menu to set the reprojection rate to unlocked/45/30/22.

As I've said in the discord channel I get really bad bubbly artifacts with openxr reprojection but I don't know if that's specific to my machine because other people have used it ok.

I did notice that last night. It was really noticeable flying fast and low near the water.

Another thing I was curious about is if there's a way to get the MWR UI to come up or was that a SteamVR thing only?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 22/03/2022 at 19:26, lefuneste01 said:

Si c'est ce mod

Bonjour, oui c'est celui-ci. Je le teste depuis plusieurs jours et ils sont très réactifs et pour moi cela fonctionne beaucoup mieux qu'avec SVR( Le problème de recentrage a été résolu. Pour la reprojection je ne sais pas je ne l'utilise pas).

Oui pas d'urgence et il y a d'autres solutions pour copier/coller des coordonnées mais je trouve votre système très bien et je pense que cela pourrait être un bon petit mod indépendant pour ce qui ne veulent pas trop faire de modifications et quand même avoir cette solution pour la VR.

En tous les cas super boulot, merci.

New version 15.0 available for 2.7.10.19473 Stable and 2.7.11.21408.1 Open beta :

• compatibility with last OB
  • option to hide AH64 rotor

It takes me more time than expected, I had some issue with the copy/paste feature...

As usual, I did not take too much time to test...So report any issue here.

@Jekel: I'd have a look later to see if something can be done for the compatility with OpenXR mod...

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 2

Installed v.15 but still no menu showing up in VR...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Yes, cleaning stuff up at the time of posting. Will report back. Yup, conflict with a shader mod

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

@Jekel : here is an experimental version compatible with the OpenXR mod: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o518d7n2kly0mjs/3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.0_openXR.zip/file

In order to use it :

1) uninstall the normal mod (if you still have it installed)

2) install the v15 for OpenXR

3) go to [DCS_install]\bin\3dmigoto

4) launch 3DMigoto Loader.exe => a MSDOS windows will open

5) launch DCS

I put in \bin\3dmigoto my d3dx_user.ini, to avoid an empty menu. You may overwrite it with yours.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

@Jekel : here is an experimental version compatible with the OpenXR mod: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o518d7n2kly0mjs/3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.0_openXR.zip/file

In order to use it :

1) uninstall the normal mod (if you still have it installed)

2) install the v15 for OpenXR

3) go to [DCS_install]\bin\3dmigoto

4) launch 3DMigoto Loader.exe => a MSDOS windows will open

5) launch DCS

I put in \bin\3dmigoto my d3dx_user.ini, to avoid an empty menu. You may overwrite it with yours.

I'm perhaps being a little stoopid, but what is the correct folder structure for this to work? Looking at the original mod PDF help file it seems that the "Replacement Textures" "Shader Cache" etc folders should be under "<DCS Install DIR>\bin"  if I use this structure with this version of the MOD I get an OCC error. However, if I just unzip the archive and activate via OVGME (and keep the structure), the loader never registers the fact it has successfully injected.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

4 hours ago, zildac said:

I'm perhaps being a little stoopid, but what is the correct folder structure for this to work? Looking at the original mod PDF help file it seems that the "Replacement Textures" "Shader Cache" etc folders should be under "<DCS Install DIR>\bin"  if I use this structure with this version of the MOD I get an OCC error. However, if I just unzip the archive and activate via OVGME (and keep the structure), the loader never registers the fact it has successfully injected.

I dis what is written above and it worked for me...How did you know it was not injected ? The MSDOS windows did not close ?

3 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I dis what is written above and it worked for me...How did you know it was not injected ? The MSDOS windows did not close ?

So the folders in the bin directory? The command prompt windows just kept saying:

image.png

even once DCS was at the main menu. I do have the TAZ Shaders (Kegetys derivative loaded) for  2.7.11.21408.1 pehaps this is the issue. I will try without. So just to confirm, all of the folders in the archive should be in the BIN directory as per your previous releases? Ignore the path in the screenshot I ran it from the archive just to capture the message.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Hi Lefuneste, after testing during the past week, I pass to you some shaders line updated (really, de-selected) that really doesn´t hurt fps in VR or 2D. With comments. For your next update.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------
; fix crater bug
;------------------------------------------------------------------------
; seems to make fps tanked when craters

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU1GSOB]
Hash=b8bdd672968145f8
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU3HSOB]
Hash=910303c984fa21e4
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU4DSOB]
Hash=10407c7e22595a83
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU5PSOB]
Hash=28c1910f73d419ea
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU6VSOB]
Hash=5f54299051bd6a3a
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU7HSOB]
Hash=fe62890f069c5ce5
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

;smoke !
;[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU8GSOB] --> N-OK MUST BE ACTIVED --> CAUSES DOUBLE RENDERING IN ONE EYE!
;Hash=d0f5ec3cd6149260
;if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $BombSmoke > 100
;    handling = skip
;endif
;$BombSmoke = $BombSmoke + 1

;[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU9CSOB] --> N-OK MUST BE ACTIVED --> CAUSES DOUBLE RENDERING IN ONE EYE!
;Hash=15c616016a8b006e
;    handling = skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideFlagCBU10VSOB]
Hash=9c3becb0b958cf36
if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $BombSmoke > 100
    handling = skip
endif
$BombSmoke = $BombSmoke + 1

[ShaderOverrideFlagTest8]
Hash=8b5e8c99d5f3ab05
if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $BombSmoke > 100
     handling = skip
endif
$BombSmoke = $BombSmoke + 1

;[ShaderOverrideFlagTest9] --> N-OK MUST BE ACTIVED --> DOES NOTHING!! NOT NECESSARY 
;Hash=2ca10de0c1405a0e
;     handling = skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideBomb1CSOB]
Hash=1b7f3c961e856369
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideBomb2CSOB]
Hash=226da1bd6860198d
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

;[ShaderOverrideBomb3OB]  --> N-OK MUST BE ACTIVED --> REMOVES CLOSE CRATERS - DOESN´T HIT FPS IN VR!!! NOT NECESSARY 
;Hash=2d0932c032abb12e
;if $fixCraterBug
;    handling = skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideBomb4DSOB]
Hash=a4bf9da681390a87
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideBomb5CSOB]
Hash=b83b4dd0ec4d9d4b
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

;improve fps but has side effect
; [ShaderOverrideBomb6CSOB]
; Hash=d0329cc3771f1f22
; if $fixCraterBug
    ; handling = skip
; endif

;[ShaderOverrideFlagTest10] --> N-OK MUST BE ACTIVED --> DOES NOTHING!! NOT NECESSARY
;Hash=9394588fa746f16c
;if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $MGunSmoke > 0
;     handling = skip
;endif
;$MGunSmoke = $MGunSmoke + 1

;[ShaderOverrideFlagTest11] --> N-OK MUST BE ACTIVED --> DOES NOTHING!! NOT NECESSARY
;Hash=a21f77234f5e27a7
;if $fixCraterBug  == 2 && $MGunSmoke > 0
;     handling = skip
;endif
;$MGunSmoke = $MGunSmoke + 1

[ShaderOverrideCanonOB]
Hash=3652734e87f1cf2c
if $fixCraterBug
    handling = skip
endif

;FLAT SHADOWS REMOVED DOWN

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP1_BUILDINGS_PG_NEVADA_CAUCAUSUS]
Hash=71d97b1ee517a7b1
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP2_TREES_PG_NEVADA_CAUCAUSUS]
Hash=eb77d32c24104eb5
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP3_BUILDINGS_PG]
Hash=8fb3ae31104a20ab
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP4_BUILDINGS_PG_NORMANDY]
Hash=758488bdd78ffd39
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP5_TREES_SYRIA_NORMANDY_MARIANAS_CHANNEL]
Hash=4f153f76cd7ac2b0
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP6_BUILDINGS_SYRIA_MARIANAS_CHANNEL]
Hash=5296efbb6a2821fa
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP7_TREES_NEVADA]
Hash=69047e07200be993
handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideFlagTestP8_APACHE_HELIX]
Hash=1fba89ab01ed198c
handling=skip

1 hour ago, dureiken said:

Hi

is that possible to disable all effects except CBU shader optimization ?

thanks

Just toggle them off in menu...All things can be activated or de activated by the setup menu.

1 hour ago, zildac said:

So the folders in the bin directory? The command prompt windows just kept saying:

image.png

even once DCS was at the main menu. I do have the TAZ Shaders (Kegetys derivative loaded) for  2.7.11.21408.1 pehaps this is the issue. I will try without. So just to confirm, all of the folders in the archive should be in the BIN directory as per your previous releases? Ignore the path in the screenshot I ran it from the archive just to capture the message.

Once launched, the loader is waiting for dcs.exe...I do not understand why it did not find it launched...

But anyway, you should have unzipped all the archive before lauching the loader for the target directory. Then launch DCS.exe...How did you launch it by the way?

• Like 1