3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

18 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

@lefuneste01Thank you again for all of your work on this.  I've been using the various versions of this for a long time.

I'm currently using the beta version you released for OpenXR.  Can I integrate the latest version with the OpenXR compatible one by replacing the files?  Adding the loader section to the d3dx.ini of course.

Thank you,

*EDIT* Seems to work just fine.  From what I could see the changes were to the D3DX.INI, which needs to have the loader section added to it, and several of the shaders were rebuilt with a 4/1/22 date.  Replacing the v15.0 files with all of those and the OpenXR version still appears to do what it should.

I forgot to post the 15.1 for openXR...I'll do it today. But you di'd what is to e done...

19 hours ago, Japo32 said:

but the Gazelle fix not. This is not produced in all the gazelle windshields. The one you can test it, is with the Tutorial Weapon first one.

I can not reproduce. Be sure to have cleaned the old version of the mod, especially shaderfixes directoy.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

On 4/1/2022 at 4:45 PM, dureiken said:

@lefuneste01it seems to work ! thanks a lot

Could I achieved to replace my old reshade 4.9.1 with your awesome mod ?

image.png

or I can't have same effects ? thanks

?? 🙂 thanks

BTW I made some tests, is that normal that I gain 0 gpu frametime hiding shadows ? same ms with 0 - T - T+B - T+B+O ?

thanks

I'm trying to get this to run but I always get this :

image.png

I've tried clean up and deleting FXO and Metashaders 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

On 4/2/2022 at 7:02 PM, dureiken said:

?? 🙂 thanks

BTW I made some tests, is that normal that I gain 0 gpu frametime hiding shadows ? same ms with 0 - T - T+B - T+B+O ?

thanks

it really depends of the context. In some cases (dawn,...) shadows may saturate your GPU (even a 3080Ti). But mostly not.

20 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

I'm trying to get this to run but I always get this :

image.png

I've tried clean up and deleting FXO and Metashaders 

Did you use the experimental version for OpenXR ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I finally managed to create a Target profile for the AH64 (I created special modes for TSD, TADS, IHADSS, otherwise it will not be possible to handle tracking mode for TADS and all FCR options). It took me hours to write it, but finally  I managed to fly a bit the AH64.

So I improved the rotor fix to hide only the one of your own ship and I found a way to hide the infamous TADS mirror in the IHADSS. But it will be another key binding to setup...I need to polish the v15.2, maybe I'll release it for next week end.

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

I finally managed to create a Target profile for the AH64 (I created special modes for TSD, TADS, IHADSS, otherwise it will not be possible to handle tracking mode for TADS and all FCR options). It took me hours to write it, but finally  I managed to fly a bit the AH64.

So I improved the rotor fix to hide only the one of your own ship and I found a way to hide the infamous TADS mirror in the IHADSS. But it will be another key binding to setup...I need to polish the v15.2, maybe I'll release it for next week end.

Does this version work with OpenXR?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3305420/

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

29 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Does this version work with OpenXR?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3305420/

no, you need to do what is explained here : https://forum.dcs.world/topic/207154-3dmigoto-vr-mod-for-dcs-label-masking-color-enhancement-sharpen-fxaa-copypaste-of-radio-msg/?do=findComment&comment=4934976

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

Maybe I am blind but I cannot find a link for this experimental version anywhere in this topic. On the first page there is only a link for 15.1 version.

ok. I've found it here. Works great. thx

Edited by Marklar

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Lshift-F7 is not opening the menu for me for this version, I believe it is installed and working I have the files in my directory and i installed it using open mod manager like I do for everything else, is there a settings file where this hotkey is set that I could check? 

I910900K, 4090, 32gb,Varjo Aero, no compromises: all VR all the time. 

13 hours ago, DavePastry said:

Lshift-F7 is not opening the menu for me for this version, I believe it is installed and working I have the files in my directory and i installed it using open mod manager like I do for everything else, is there a settings file where this hotkey is set that I could check? 

Did you read the troubleshooting guide in first post ?

On 3/27/2022 at 3:04 AM, zildac said:
On 3/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, lefuneste01 said:
Once launched, the loader is waiting for dcs.exe...I do not understand why it did not find it launched...
But anyway, you should have unzipped all the archive before lauching the loader for the target directory. Then launch DCS.exe...How did you launch it by the way?

The screenshot with the loader running from the archive was just for illustration. I unzipped the archive into the bin directory. Well I actually used ovgme. What is the correct folder structure?

I had to alter my path for it to work in OvGME

G:\DCSMods\3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.0_openXR\bin\3dmigoto

Take everything out of the top level folder named "3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.0_openXR" after extracting. For whatever reason, mine started out as  3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.0_openXR\3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.0_openXR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

HI Lefuneste,

I just installed the new version, and i've got an issue with sharpening options. As long as i activated it, i've got a white screen as if everything was overload.

I've tried to reinstall from scrash by making a repair, and starting from a brand new d3dx_user.ini, same issue.

here is some screenshots, with and without sharpening activated.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.05 - 19.32.01.20.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.05 - 19.32.17.08.png

On 4/3/2022 at 7:12 PM, lefuneste01 said:

it really depends of the context. In some cases (dawn,...) shadows may saturate your GPU (even a 3080Ti). But mostly not.

I've used the most recent version of OPENXR , I've tried with disabling the toolkit and enabling it. 
I think the experimental runtime is the one activated at the top of the app? (not at my computer right now) 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

Hey There did you ever get this posted? 

Thanks

I forgot to post the 15.1 for openXR...I'll do it today. 

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

23 hours ago, pognhek said:

HI Lefuneste,

I just installed the new version, and i've got an issue with sharpening options. As long as i activated it, i've got a white screen as if everything was overload.

I've tried to reinstall from scrash by making a repair, and starting from a brand new d3dx_user.ini, same issue.

here is some screenshots, with and without sharpening activated.

That's strange, because you should have different settings for cockpit and external. Did you check the trouble shooting guide in first post ? Can you try with sharpen for cockpit only and sharpen and luma settings different from zero ?

4 hours ago, Thanatos31 said:

I've used the most recent version of OPENXR , I've tried with disabling the toolkit and enabling it. 
I think the experimental runtime is the one activated at the top of the app? (not at my computer right now) 

Wait next week end, I'll release the 15.2 which should integrate also the files for OpenXR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi lefuneste,

yes, i know the troubleshooting doc very well

yes same issue into external and internal sharpen option. I've tried to play with settings of sharpen when i decrease a lot the value, i can distinguish the game but everything is in exceedance as if i have only 4 colors.

No problem, i'll wait the next release, everything is playable without sharpening (and other function works)

Edited by pognhek

21 hours ago, pognhek said:

hi lefuneste,

yes, i know the troubleshooting doc very well

yes same issue into external and internal sharpen option. I've tried to play with settings of sharpen when i decrease a lot the value, i can distinguish the game but everything is in exceedance as if i have only 4 colors.

No problem, i'll wait the next release, everything is playable without sharpening (and other function works)

I'm not sure the next release will change your issue. Can you post a track or a way to reproduce (which mission)?

Hi lefuneste,

Do you really want a track file? I do not really use a mission, i use a self made freeflight mission, do you want this one?

But i checked, and it appears on every mission i try.

The only mods i have installed :

-Open fsr

-Simplex v2.31

-Barthek mod terrain causasus and syria

Nvidia drivers 512.15

Please find two examples with external and internal sharpen options.

A.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.07 - 11.15.56.81.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.07 - 11.16.21.61.png

additional info :

I made test with a full repair and only your mods (no simplex mods neither open fsr) (and also deleting metashadders2 and fxo directories into saved games) : same issue

Do you think it can come from Nvidia settings? (dcs settings are quite common)

Edited by pognhek

1 hour ago, pognhek said:

additional info :

I made test with a full repair and only your mods (no simplex mods neither open fsr) (and also deleting metashadders2 and fxo directories into saved games) : same issue

Do you think it can come from Nvidia settings? (dcs settings are quite common)

Post the mission you are using. Did you use the settings described in troubleshooting guide ?

04/08/2022 : version 15.2 for 2.7.10.19473 Stable and 2.7.11.21408.1 Open beta :

• Better AH64 rotor disabling
  • Option to disable TADS & PNVS mirroring
  • Compatibility with OpenXR mod.

The TADS mirroring can be toggled off/on by pressing CTRL+i

2 versions are provided:

• The folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.2 must be installed only for usage without openXR mod. The mod will be activated by default at DCS launch.
  • The folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.2_openXR must be installed only for usage with openXR mod. The mod must be launched with [DCSInstall]\bin\3dmigoto\3DMigoto Loader.exe prior to DCS.exe execution. 3DMigoto Loader.exe will open a MSDOS windows and wait DCS launch. If dcs.exe has been launched in administrator mode,  3DMigoto Loader.exe must also be launched with this mode.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, lefuneste01 said:

04/08/2022 : version 15.2 for 2.7.10.19473 Stable and 2.7.11.21408.1 Open beta :

• Better AH64 rotor disabling
  • Option to disable TADS & PNVS mirroring
  • Compatibility with OpenXR mod.

The TADS mirroring can be toggled off/on by pressing CTRL+i

2 versions are provided:

• The folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.2 must be installed only for usage without openXR mod. The mod will be activated by default at DCS launch.
  • The folder 3DmigotoDCS_VR_15.2_openXR must be installed only for usage with openXR mod. The mod must be launched with [DCSInstall]\bin\3dmigoto\3DMigoto Loader.exe prior to DCS.exe execution. 3DMigoto Loader.exe will open a MSDOS windows and wait DCS launch. If dcs.exe has been launched in administrator mode,  3DMigoto Loader.exe must also be launched with this mode.

Nice work on the rotor mod. 👍

• Like 1

--Arthur C Clark