3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

On 4/8/2022 at 1:37 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Post the mission you are using. Did you use the settings described in troubleshooting guide ?

I finally found out what was going wrong. Something into the "d3dx_user.ini", and previous settings. I made a full repair, and delete the current file, and start with a empty one. And it works.

I've tried to reinstall the previous one, and the issue reappeared.

Here is my file, if you want to investigate.

So thanks for your support.

A.

d3dx_user.ini

Just been playing with this as I wanted the ability to remove/reduce the atmospheric haze. I'm using the OXR compatible version and have only used the haze reduction setting and disabled shadows for Trees and Buildings. I'm seeing an FPS hit of ~12FPS with the mod enabled, versus it not being enabled. Is this consider "normal"? Seems pretty high, but I don't have a reference point, as never used it prior to going the OXR route.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

5 часов назад, zildac сказал:

Just been playing with this as I wanted the ability to remove/reduce the atmospheric haze. I'm using the OXR compatible version and have only used the haze reduction setting and disabled shadows for Trees and Buildings. I'm seeing an FPS hit of ~12FPS with the mod enabled, versus it not being enabled. Is this consider "normal"? Seems pretty high, but I don't have a reference point, as never used it prior to going the OXR route.

It's normal to loose some fps with 3dmigoto, but I have never lost 12, maybe it's indeed related to OXR. But, if you only need to adjust the haze, you'd be better off with a simple edit of the atmosphere.hlsl

Get any Taz1004 version of shaders and look for "Taz1004" comment in that file. You'll see the line with a haze lowering multiplier, and just do the similar thing with your shaders version and that's it. I'd shown you, but I'm on my phone right now.

It will take some time for the game to rebuild shaders when you'll be launching the modules for the first time, but on the bright side it won't take any performance away from you compared to injectors such as 3dmigoto.

Edited by Fiztex
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Fiztex said:

It's normal to loose some fps with 3dmigoto, but I have never lost 12, maybe it's indeed related to OXR. But, if you only need to adjust the haze, you'd be better off with a simple edit of the atmosphere.hlsl

Get any Taz1004 version of shaders and look for "Taz1004" comment in that file. You'll see the line with a haze lowering multiplier, and just do the similar thing with your shaders version and that's it. I'd shown you, but I'm on my phone right now.

It will take some time for the game to rebuild shaders when you'll be launching the modules for the first time, but on the bright side it won't take any performance away from you compared to injectors such as 3dmigoto.

Thanks, that was going to be my next question...what file to edit. I'll dig through and edit it, I already have TAZ shaders in OVGME. So will just use that one file. Yeah, I guess it could be related to OXR. Who knows, will maybe try with SVR enabled and see if there's a smaller drop just to confirm or not.

Edit: That worked...many thanks

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

8 hours ago, zildac said:

I loose ~4 fps with steamVR, it mat also depend on options activated. I did not test with openXR.

• Like 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

1 hour ago, lefuneste01 said:

I loose ~4 fps with steamVR, it mat also depend on options activated. I did not test with openXR.

It's odd it was a significant drop in the same scenario with the MOD enabled. I haven't had a chance to revert to SVR to try yet. But in terms of options applied I had the defaults except for Shadows off for T + B, Haze reduced by around 50% and shadows softened slightly. That was it as I recall. I’d be interested if anyone who previously used the MOD in SVR has tried the OXR version and has had a similar experience. INI file attached in case there's anything obvious.

d3dx_user.ini

Edited by zildac

22 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Try it without the shadow softening 

Thanks @speed-of-heat unfortunately that doesn't appear to have had any real impact. Are you running the MOD with OXR? I also deleted my user.ini file to get back to the defaults and it still goes from around 59-62FPS on the test case down to 51FPS. Very odd.

1 hour ago, Spectrum 1 said:

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue where a cockpit keeps appearing on the FLIR, this disappears when I uninstall the mod. Never had this issue before. 

Have attached a picture, sorry for the rubbish VR quality. Any ideas? 

20220406193957_1.jpg

can you post a track ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

13 minutes ago, zildac said:

Thanks @speed-of-heat unfortunately that doesn't appear to have had any real impact. Are you running the MOD with OXR? I also deleted my user.ini file to get back to the defaults and it still goes from around 59-62FPS on the test case down to 51FPS. Very odd.

Yes I will give it a go and let you know, my ability to measure is reduce to mk1 eyeball so...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yes I will give it a go and let you know, my ability to measure is reduce to mk1 eyeball so...
Thanks. Likewise, I am solely using the FPS indicator with the OXRTK for reference. My test case is simply sitting in the cockpit looking straight ahead in Caucasus ready on the ramp.

so I tested, by running the Persian Gulf Ready on the Ramp , with the headset immobilised and looking forward, i used the built in DCS frame rate:

- without the mod i was getting 64-70 = Average 67

- with the mod i was getting 59-65 = Average 62

so that would be 5 FPS difference 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Just now, speed-of-heat said:

so I tested, by running the Persian Gulf Ready on the Ramp , with the headset immobilised and looking forward, i used the built in DCS frame rate:

Thanks for confirming. I'll try some more testing my end. There's something amiss with my setup on that basis, for sure

@lefuneste01 one thing, because the mod is installed into a directory that doesn't exist, when you uninstall it the d3dx_user.ini seems to get removed as well ?

5 hours ago, zildac said:

It's odd it was a significant drop in the same scenario with the MOD enabled. 

Yes, I had a similar experience with OXR. I sometimes use DCS's own detailed FPS counter. Will make some screenshots of the differences with the mod enabled/disabled.

Edited by Ready
  • Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

7 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

@lefuneste01 one thing, because the mod is installed into a directory that doesn't exist, when you uninstall it the d3dx_user.ini seems to get removed as well ?

Hello. It depends how you install/uninstall. As the last version is not inluding d3dx_ini, if ypu use jsgme it will keep all files created, so the d3dx_user.ini file.

18 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Mod is working with OpenXR very well - in same time with OpenXR Toolkit Companion. Before I had turn all shadows to run 30fps in Apache, now I have still 30fps but with beautifull shadows in cocpit and earth without losing performence. Hope u get it working - with my Samsung Odyssey I finnaly can fly with shadows on crowded servers.

+ try sometimes hide FPS counter and just enjoy flying, sometimes trying all the time adjust something to perfection can be more frustraiting

Edited by TylerPL666

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

I've followed your troubleshoot pdf. I can see where ovegme should install the 'ReplacementTextures' folder etc that you've highlighted yellow. What I can't figure out is where the other files go? '3DMigoto Loader.exe' and the remaining files that are not highlighted yellow in your pdf?

Please could someone show me which folder each goes in (I assume  '3DMigoto Loader.exe' do not sit in the 'bin' along with others as these are not shown in yellow pdf? 

Many thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, TylerPL666 said:

Mod is working with OpenXR very well - in same time with OpenXR Toolkit Companion. Before I had turn all shadows to run 30fps in Apache, now I have still 30fps but with beautifull shadows in cocpit and earth without losing performence. Hope u get it working - with my Samsung Odyssey I finnaly can fly with shadows on crowded servers.

+ try sometimes hide FPS counter and just enjoy flying, sometimes trying all the time adjust something to perfection can be more frustraiting

whilst i agree with you, in principle,  i was answering a question that was posted by @zildac. Not measuring and enjoying works when the performance is optimal ... otherwise data helps... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solemn-laugh said:

I've followed your troubleshoot pdf. I can see where ovegme should install the 'ReplacementTextures' folder etc that you've highlighted yellow. What I can't figure out is where the other files go? '3DMigoto Loader.exe' and the remaining files that are not highlighted yellow in your pdf?

Please could someone show me which folder each goes in (I assume  '3DMigoto Loader.exe' do not sit in the 'bin' along with others as these are not shown in yellow pdf? 

Many thanks for your help.

I did not update the troubleshhoting guide for openXR but main things are the same : make the standard 3dmigoto mod working without any other mod, on a cleaned DCS install. Then try to install other mods and check impact. So please try to test on standard steamVR configuration before looking for OpenXR...

Once you'll have it working, uninstall the normal version, install the openXR mod and the opnXR version of 3dmigoto mod, and have a look on [DCSinstallationDirectory]\bin\3dmigoto...

10 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I did not update the troubleshhoting guide for openXR but main things are the same : make the standard 3dmigoto mod working without any other mod, on a cleaned DCS install. Then try to install other mods and check impact. So please try to test on standard steamVR configuration before looking for OpenXR...

Once you'll have it working, uninstall the normal version, install the openXR mod and the opnXR version of 3dmigoto mod, and have a look on [DCSinstallationDirectory]\bin\3dmigoto...

So the files all go inside [DCS install]  bin/3DMigoto/ [All files and folders in this 3DMigoto folder]

And not [DCS install] bin/

Thanks

Just to confirm, the OpenXR version can be used without simplex shaders, right? Only the regular version needs the shaders? Thanks for all the hard work!

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

It doesn't need shaders, indeed the shaders seem to intro distortions under openxr 

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Thanks 1