3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Coarse means you increase or decrease values at maximum rate, fine means you increase or decrease values at minimum rate.  You star with "coarse" and fine tune with "fine".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

13 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I checked and it seems to be only for MSAA0x on the OB, isn'it ?

I'll need to verify as I don't use MSAA at all

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 7:20 AM, aceviper said:

Excellent version Lefuneste.

Back using it with Openxr.

A great number of tweaks available for DCS. 

Many thanks for your work.

Agreed. Great work.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

• 1 month later...

It seems the mod isn't working with the last version (it wasn't with the previous beta too).

When I launch the game and join a server I can go in the shift+f7 menu once, save the settings. Then nothing works  shift+f3 or shift+f7. In the logs (see attached) there are the following errors: "failed result = 80004002 for 00000041F04FEF78"

I'm using: 3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.4_openXR

And I tried too repair and remove/install the mod, without any improvement.

Thanks for your work, this mod is a must have for VR!

d3d11_log.txt

15 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

seems to work ok for me ?

Ok, thanks for the feedback! Seems to be on my side, I'll do more troubleshooting... Starting by a full repair, and the troubleshotting guide.

Edited by phrogZ

2 hours ago, phrogZ said:

Without any other mods with a full check/repair, I've the same (with a quest2). Shift+f7 is displaying the menu, then after saving the config the mod doesn't work anymore (shift+f7 KO and shift+f3 KO).

Can you try to reset your setting ? Ctrl+Alt+f12 ?

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I just tried lcontrol + lalt + f12. It doesn't solve the issue.

I discovered that lalt+f12, reset something because after that I can access to the lshift+f7 menu again.

Now I'm able to fully describe the problem (with screenshot):

1/ in the map screen (F10) I press lshift+f3

2/ I press F1 to return in the cockpit, and no coordinates are displayed.

3/ If I press lshift+f7 I have this:

5BND9O9.jpg

4/ Then if I press lalt+f12 (OR lshift+f7 to close the upper left "square" and lalt+f12), I guess it's reseting something because I can then access the lshift+f7 menu.

Here are my video settings, I think there are compliant with the mod:

6YwZllE.jpg

are you by any chance installing DCS in Program Files or Program Files 32 directories?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

no, and it's on an other disk:

"D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta"

I just tried to launch the loader as an admin, same issue.

I tried also solo, same issue.

Are you running windows 11 ? This can be my problem...

35 minutes ago, Hairdo1-1 said:

I can’t get my settings to save. I’m able to adjust the NVGs but when I press Lalt +f12 the menu closes and it resets to default?

Make sure you have write/change/modify etc permissions to wherever the config file is stored.

--Arthur C Clark

Hey!

Just getting back into DCS and started using this mod, it's absolutely awesome for cockpit readability.

I noticed an issue in the Mirage 2000. The radar display (VTB) doesn't seem to be affected by either the Cockpit, MFD or HUD sharpness options. Instead, it seems to respect the FXAA option as if it was outside, since if I turn on "sharpen + FXAA", the cockpit goes sharp but the radar goes super-blurry. I guess you don't own this module, wondering if there's any solution to this as the radar is probably the main thing I want to sharpen in this plane.

Thanks!

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

4 hours ago, VC said:

Hey!

Just getting back into DCS and started using this mod, it's absolutely awesome for cockpit readability.

I noticed an issue in the Mirage 2000. The radar display (VTB) doesn't seem to be affected by either the Cockpit, MFD or HUD sharpness options. Instead, it seems to respect the FXAA option as if it was outside, since if I turn on "sharpen + FXAA", the cockpit goes sharp but the radar goes super-blurry. I guess you don't own this module, wondering if there's any solution to this as the radar is probably the main thing I want to sharpen in this plane.

Thanks!

Hello, you are right, I do not own the M2000.

The process to detect cockpit or MFD or HUD is a bit tricky. It seems Razbam made something different than others. As radar is not seen as MFD or as cockpit, the only option should be to use same sharpen settings for "outside" than for "inside" (and no FXAA of course), but it will make shimmering on landscape...

Of course, I can use the 15 days try to fix the mod, but after that I will be unable to maintain the fix. I'll try to have a look nevertheless, but I can not give a delay, I'm a bit busy currently...

On 8/4/2022 at 12:18 PM, phrogZ said:

I just tried lcontrol + lalt + f12. It doesn't solve the issue.

I discovered that lalt+f12, reset something because after that I can access to the lshift+f7 menu again.

Now I'm able to fully describe the problem (with screenshot):

1/ in the map screen (F10) I press lshift+f3

2/ I press F1 to return in the cockpit, and no coordinates are displayed.

3/ If I press lshift+f7 I have this:

5BND9O9.jpg

4/ Then if I press lalt+f12 (OR lshift+f7 to close the upper left "square" and lalt+f12), I guess it's reseting something because I can then access the lshift+f7 menu.

Here are my video settings, I think there are compliant with the mod:

6YwZllE.jpg

Hello,

It should work with your settings. 
Can you post me a track or explain which mission to launch in order to try to reproduce ? 

• Thanks 1

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Thanks @lefuneste! Don't worry if you can't do it, I'll have a play around with the settings. I didn't notice changes to the radar display going between sharpen cockpit only and sharpen cockpit + exterior, but I also wasn't specifically looking for that.

I might also want to test sharpening exterior anyway, even if it creates shimmer, in case it improves spotting of contacts especially against the ground. FXAA smudges out dots at long distance so that's a no-go in any case, even if it didn't blur the radar.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Thanks for the feedback!

I have the issue on any mission (solo and multiplayer), It seems to be particular to my setup. So I'm not sure a track will be useful for you.

I plan to do more testing soon:

1. If possible test running the launcher in "windows 10" compatibility mode.
  2. Test with a new dcs profile: KO
  3. Test on another computer: KO
  4. Try to disable some overlay (microsoft gamebar and or nvdia stuff): No overlays enabled

Is there any other test I can do?

Edited by phrogZ
Update with results

46 minutes ago, phrogZ said:

So I updated the result in the previous post above.

But I tested on my laptop (new DCS setup + new quest 2 setup + windows 11) and I have the same result.

I attached the logs if needed, and It was test during a quick free flight with F-18.

nvapi_log.txt 1.04 MB · 1 download d3d11_log.txt 2.34 MB · 0 downloads

I'll have a look. Can you post also your d3dx_user.ini  ?

On 8/12/2022 at 1:38 PM, phrogZ said:

Thanks, two d3dx_user.ini file from my computer and my laptop.

I added the d3d11_log.txt from my computer (from the test with a new dcs profile).

I manage to reproduce. There are two things

1) they change the shaders used in map, that's why copy/paste of coordinates is no more working

2) your scenario show there is an issue when you use menu and copy/paste

I fixed the first issue, I'll have a look for the second.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

I manage to reproduce. There are two things

1) they change the shaders used in map, that's why copy/paste of coordinates is no more working

2) your scenario show there is an issue when you use menu and copy/paste

I fixed the first issue, I'll have a look for the second.

cool, many thanks for the feedback!

Edited by phrogZ