3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Sure, if it can help.d3dx_user.ini

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

8 hours ago, WipeUout said:

Sure, if it can help.d3dx_user.ini

That was the good thing, problem identified, I'll fix it this week end. Same root cause as before, but triggered by sharpen for "outside of cockpit".

Edited by lefuneste01
  • Thanks 1

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

So, love the NVG part of this with the Viper (though would love some up/down adjustment).

However as soon as I bring up the TGP on my MFD, the left eye NVG image starts flickering and goes double (second NVG circle to the left, and it appears that maybe it flickers back and forth between the two on the left eye).

I'm using OpenXR on the Aero, so realize I'm a bit of a corner case, but if anybody else has come across this and has any tips to workaround this, that'd be awesome.

8 hours ago, Blackdog said:

So, love the NVG part of this with the Viper (though would love some up/down adjustment).

However as soon as I bring up the TGP on my MFD, the left eye NVG image starts flickering and goes double (second NVG circle to the left, and it appears that maybe it flickers back and forth between the two on the left eye).

I'm using OpenXR on the Aero, so realize I'm a bit of a corner case, but if anybody else has come across this and has any tips to workaround this, that'd be awesome.

Coule you reproduce it with the A10C or the f18 and post a track ?

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

21 hours ago, lefuneste01 said:

That was the good thing, problem identified, I'll fix it this week end. Same root cause as before, but triggered by sharpen for "outside of cockpit".

Version 16.1 available in first post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2022 at 8:31 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Version 16.1 available in first post.

Many thanks again @lefuneste01!  Issue not showing anymore.  Tested in F-16, F-18, AV-8B, A-10A,C,C_II.

...and F-14 also.

Edited by WipeUout
New info and findings

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB, ADDLINK S72 2TB, TM WARTHOG COMBO + PENDULAR RUDDER PEDALS, PIMAX 8K X, Sony 5.1 Spks+SubW | DCS OB, A-10C_II, AH-64D, F-14/16/18, F-86F, AV-8B, M-2000C, SA342, Huey, Spitfire, FC3.

On 5/8/2022 at 3:23 AM, Blackdog said:

I will when I have a chance.. don't fly either, would have to D/L and look up how to bring up the TGP.

I manage to reproduce with the AV8B, I'll have a look.

Anyone having low or negative performance with VR Shader SIMPLEX?

I used to have a slight gain of 2-3 FPS but as of the last OB and 3dmigoto update, I get a little drop of 0.5 FPS.

Hi,
I have problems installing 3dmigoto for openxr.
I do this with OvGME.
What exactly do I need to put in the mods folder?
Until now I tried it with the folder "3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.1_openXR". But I can't open the menu in DCS.
Now I don't know if the mod is installed correctly at all.
Can anyone help me?

1 hour ago, A.F. said:

I have problems installing 3dmigoto for openxr.
Now I don't know if the mod is installed correctly at all.
Can anyone help me?

It seems you didn't read the troubleshooting guide in first post, did you ? You should start with it.

Ok, now it's working.
However, I don't see any changes when I increase or decrease values.

But I don't want to out myself as totally stupid here either 🙂

The question is, does the mod bring performance gains for me?
At the moment I don't use shadows, can I use shadows with the mod?
I adjust colours and sharpness via Openxr.

You can choose which shadows to use, I turn of tree shadows for example 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

10 hours ago, A.F. said:

However, I don't see any changes when I increase or decrease values

For which feature ?

10 hours ago, A.F. said:

The question is, does the mod bring performance gains for me?

By default you will loose 3 to 4 fps. But in some cases (CBU, multiples explosions, A10C gun straffing, minigun...) you will win up to 300% if you activate the fix. Same for shadows. in some specific cases (dawn,...) they have high impact on fps, so if you disable them just at this mission you will win fps.

10 hours ago, A.F. said:

At the moment I don't use shadows, can I use shadows with the mod?

As written above it won't improve fps except in very specific case. But you can soften shadows edge and make them clearer.

Edited by lefuneste01

I'm using the OpenXR version with my Varjo Aero VR. The mod seems to be installed and working, but I can't change the NVG scale and it fills the whole picture. I'd like to make it smaller in order to see below the NVG and see the instruments in cockpit. When I run the "hunting" tool, it says that Stereo is off. What does that mean? Is that the reason why the scaling doesn't change? How can I change this/ force it to use stereo vision? I've tried changing some of those settings in the ini file with no luck.

Please help!

On 5/13/2022 at 10:48 PM, kega76 said:

I'm using the OpenXR version with my Varjo Aero VR. The mod seems to be installed and working, but I can't change the NVG scale and it fills the whole picture. I'd like to make it smaller in order to see below the NVG and see the instruments in cockpit. When I run the "hunting" tool, it says that Stereo is off. What does that mean? Is that the reason why the scaling doesn't change? How can I change this/ force it to use stereo vision? I've tried changing some of those settings in the ini file with no luck.

Please help!

Did you had a look in troubleshooting guide ?

The 3dmigoto library was done for nvidia 3d vision glasses. So do not tale care about thé message for stereo, it is not relevant for VR.

At first try the mod without OpenXR and test other feature, like cockpit color, to check if the mod is working.

Hello!

When in night missions, everything is totally black. I have tweaked the coloring, but cant find general brightness setting. I have set DCS to gamma 1.9. Am I missing something? 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:50 AM, Blackdog said:

Appreciate it!

Here is the 16.2 which should fix the bug. Can you test it and report any side effect ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g9601gfe5nfpui9/3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.2.zip/file

43 minutes ago, corb said:

Hello!

When in night missions, everything is totally black. I have tweaked the coloring, but cant find general brightness setting. I have set DCS to gamma 1.9. Am I missing something? 

Is the same mission totally black without the mod too ?

44 minutes ago, lefuneste01 said:

Here is the 16.2 which should fix the bug. Can you test it and report any side effect ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g9601gfe5nfpui9/3DmigotoDCS_VR_16.2.zip/file

Is the same mission totally black without the mod too ?

Yeah looks like it, I had to crank Gamma to 3.0 to get sorta normal real life "dark" brightness. So I guess its not 3DmiGoto related afterall

Edited by corb

1 hour ago, corb said:

Yeah looks like it, I had to crank Gamma to 3.0 to get sorta normal real life "dark" brightness. So I guess its not 3DmiGoto related afterall

Did you try use the features to add color component or multiply color components for "outside" ? I should rework the color feature...

On 5/7/2022 at 4:47 AM, Blackdog said:

For me the NVGs start to flicker the moment I adjust the convergence via the menu. Gone when switching back to standard values. Reverb G2. 

Edited by Hive

On 5/7/2022 at 4:47 AM, Blackdog said:

On 5/7/2022 at 1:37 PM, lefuneste01 said:

Coule you reproduce it with the A10C or the f18 and post a track ?

@lefuneste01 I did some further testing and can confirm what Blackdog is describing for the A-10CII and Reverb G2. As soon as the TGP shows an image on the MFD, the NVG starts to flicker on the left eye and the convergence seems to change back to default until the TGP is no longer on an MFD. When I do not adjust the convergence values in the first place via the menu, the flicker does not occur even with TGP on the MFD. Below you will find a track file where I switched between MFD pages to start and stop the flickering. Perhaps it helps. Thanks!

NVG Flicker by Hive.trk