Touch Portal App

Has anyone ever used the Touch Portal App, basically a free/cheaper alternative to a Stream Deck? I figured I would try it out before fronting the money for the Elgato and have not had much luck with it. I am trying to use it with the F18 and it seems like it only works about half the time. I can get it to respond in the controls menu but in-game is another story. If I have it set to a binding like "Master Arm On/Off" then it will manipulate the switch just fine. However, if I set it up to control the UFC buttons like AP, DL, etc., it registers in the controls list as a press but nothing in game. It also seems like it does not support differing modifiers like LCtrl vs. RCtrl.

Just curious if anyone else has any experience with the app or any advice (besides "just get the stream deck").

Cheers!

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I use Roccat power grid. I know it's not developed anymore but it is still very usable. Saw something with the streamdeck app about a montly subscription, so for me that is a no go.

If someone would only continue with powergrid, that would be amazing!

I saw that on the Stream Deck mobile and looked into it, but it is pretty limited given what you pay for the subscription, you might as well by a physical one. I liked the idea of this Touch Portal app because it allowed up to a 13x13 grid customizable, unlimited pages, and was only $9 (U.S). I got it to work with most switches and the Left and Right DDI's, but it refuses to work with any button on the UFC in-game even though the key presses register in the controls menu. Guess I will figure out other options for that part.

From what I was reading, the Roccat software for the PC isn't available anymore, otherwise I'd look into it more.

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 10 months later...
Has anyone ever used the Touch Portal App, basically a free/cheaper alternative to a Stream Deck? I figured I would try it out before fronting the money for the Elgato and have not had much luck with it. I am trying to use it with the F18 and it seems like it only works about half the time. I can get it to respond in the controls menu but in-game is another story. If I have it set to a binding like "Master Arm On/Off" then it will manipulate the switch just fine. However, if I set it up to control the UFC buttons like AP, DL, etc., it registers in the controls list as a press but nothing in game. It also seems like it does not support differing modifiers like LCtrl vs. RCtrl.

Just curious if anyone else has any experience with the app or any advice (besides "just get the stream deck").

Cheers!

Thread dig!

How did you go with this? I am trying it, and the input works from phone to computer, for example, it I open notepad it will type in "g" for the gear button.

But when I try it in DCS, it doesn't work. I tried this with a number of key combos, and no go.

And if you did use it, are you willing to share the icons/profiles/whatever they are called please?

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

• 3 weeks later...

i had this working great.... but after some updates....not sure if its DCS or the TP guys I get Connection issues on DCS OpenBeta. looks like DCS is blocking the Java connecions ?? coz when I exit DCS the TP server is connectable......as if by magic :(

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

I'm also keen to find out how this works, as I saw a video of it being used to export the Tomcat's buttons. Any guides around?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 2 months later...

Touchportal works great. My issues were self inflicted firewall port issues.

The attached was my V1..... now on v1,000,000. :megalol:

Seriously one of my issues is that i can leave it alone..... continuously tweaking. Went away from the ‘realistic’ look now have most actions on one page

BA5520EC-0E58-48C0-9BF6-2B9FED888EFF.thumb.jpg.a45a5679831ed57fc14ae543d36ceacb.jpg

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using touch portal and have had the odd issue where a certain keystroke may not be seen by the app.

As I already used vjoy I got the vjoy plugin for touch portal and set up a virtual joystick with 64 buttons. I then told touch portal for button X to activate button X on the virtual joystick. So now I press a button on TP and it sends a button click which nothing has any problem receiving

I am using touch portal and have had the odd issue where a certain keystroke may not be seen by the app.

As I already used vjoy I got the vjoy plugin for touch portal and set up a virtual joystick with 64 buttons. I then told touch portal for button X to activate button X on the virtual joystick. So now I press a button on TP and it sends a button click which nothing has any problem receiving

Ah maybe Vjoy is the answer, is it free or purchase?

Just been playing around with Touch Portal, it seems it can do multipliers but you have to set them us as two separate key presses.

Press and hold = SHIFT

Key Press = 1

Stop Holding = SHIFT

DCS Reads Shift + 1

Its a Bit quirky, you Do the Virtual Key Press = 1 first

The do Press and Hold = Shift

Then you Move the Press and Hold to the top and they create a little box around the 1

H3mQYBs.jpg

Edited by Mr_Burns

Nice, you have it figured out.

Yes, thankfully it is set it up once and thats it. Some things can be a bit long to do but it can be done and of course copying one button and pasting it will carry over the logic so you only have to change one thing from button to button.

I have a main screen thta I can load up dcs/racing. motion platform, Vac, etc, etc and then branch off to my various screens. I have a handy one for mixing the volumes of dcs/vac/etc which is a pain to do otherwise

Of course, all part of the never ending sim rig adventure!

I have been out of DCS for a while now but just getting back in to it and get to try out stuff like that. A carrier landing is quite a bit of fun when the platform drops as the landing gear takes the weight and the seatbelt driven by a servo pulls you in to the seat at the same time.

While I was right in to the pit building before now I am spending my DCS time trying to make things works better in VR. Fun so far.

• 1 month later...

Seriously one of my issues is that i can leave it alone..... continuously tweaking. Went away from the ‘realistic’ look now have most actions on one page

This looks awesome! can you share your profile? I just got Touch Portal still leãrning the ropes :)

Sure... no problem. :) pm u with link :)

Updated Images in Link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnixvdLNASYVhcVPmzFDdDQqFZgLjQ?e=RWwtce

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
Just been playing around with Touch Portal, it seems it can do multipliers but you have to set them us as two separate key presses.

Press and hold = SHIFT

Key Press = 1

Stop Holding = SHIFT

DCS Reads Shift + 1

Its a Bit quirky, you Do the Virtual Key Press = 1 first

The do Press and Hold = Shift

Then you Move the Press and Hold to the top and they create a little box around the 1

H3mQYBs.jpg

To do multipliers, you bring up the virtual key press screen and select whichever combination you choose. When I created a control panel for Flight Sim, I created lots if custom combinations for various controls. For example:

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=249111&stc=1&d=1601692895

Screenshot-2020-09-13_13_12_15.png.6df4fa1a1b60a182e04afd35fb31a57a.png

How did you program and DMS and TMS long and short presses?

• 2 weeks later...
How did you program and DMS and TMS long and short presses?

Use the tab On Hold.

When you use the On Press tab, ontouching the buttton, TP will mimic just one press of the keystroke combo. You can use the virtual press or the low level key press.

But if you use the On Hold tab, when you just touch the button, like a simple key stroke, the low level key press only will send the simple key stroke to DCS. Instead, if you tpuch and hold on a button, TP will send the low level key press all the time you are pressing the button.

Using the On Hold tab you are forced to use the low level key press, but this is not a problem because is a much more compatible way to program a combo key press.

Even more, the virtual key press can't mimic the left or right shift, alt, ctrl or windows key, but the low level key press can do it, so it is much more versatile.

So my advice is, use always the low level key press.

Use only On Press tab if the button don't have two different actions (one on press andone on hold)

I'm in love with this app. Previously I was using Macro Deck but it don was too much reliable for me and one day stop to working the 70% of the times I wan to change the page.

TP is not free, in my tablet take almost one sec to change between pages, but it's infinite more powerfull and don't fail (cross fingers)

I don't have any poblem setting multiple key binds using shift or ctrl or alt or window key combined with other modifiers and keys.

The only keys I can't get working inside DCS are the Pause key and the Print Screen.

Attached images of my F18 and A10-C pages, I have almost every thing (this shit is always evolving XD) I need to fly and only touch the keyboard to press the Function key on comunications to AI by radio.

F18.thumb.png.1f8da457092236bbae4d280c13abf00d.png

A10C.thumb.png.2185311f8cf983c09f077fac76c6dcf9.png

Example.thumb.png.e334a536e7afd112c97c84a7191c086d.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Do you know where to find an Aircraft switch icons or gif data base in order to create your own Touch Portal setup ?

you could use switches from CaptZeens Helios profiles he as some nice graphics in the image folders check out the A-10 or the F18 profiles

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Hi all, 

It is possible to create a button whose event changes the icon with respect to a light signal of an airplane (Example: landing gear down, Master Warning). I know how to get the code through DCS-BIOS. But not how to put it in Touch Portal. Could someone give me a help?

Thanks in advance