Touch Portal App

DCS-COINS VERSION 2 is now available

• Support TP Actions to issue commands to DCS via DCS-BIOS.
  • More user-friendly TP value refinements for A-10C, F-16C_50, FA-18C_hornet, and UH-1H.
  • NOTE: Certain parameters/values created with DCS-COINS version 1 may no longer be compatible with this version. You will need to delete and recreate them.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319022/

tp_action_1.png

tp_action_2.png

tp_action_3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Touch Portal 3.0.6 is now out. It fixed the issue of the "Other States" --> DCS-COINS states not appearing in the Logic IF action - if the FA-18C_hornet is installed. However, the list for DCS-COINS states is no longer grouped or sorted by TP - making it difficult and time-consuming to look for a specific aircraft state in your page development.

image.png

Also, Kyle had found the following issue with the A-10C for the change button visual action - where its list will not show.

image.png

Of course. this is not an issue if you are not creating or making changes on pages with DCS-COINS controls. The existing pages your have will work fine.

If you are developing a TP page with DCS-COINS, stay with TP v2.3.

Edited by xoomigo
Sorry, folks. my earlier conclusion was premature. Kyle has discovered the same TP v3 issue with the A-10C.
  • Thanks 2

I have a profile almost done for the A10C/II using DCS-COIN v2

It contains an UFC, radios, a full CDU and I'm polishing a cold and dark start page.

The UFC also have some frecuently used elements as landing gear lever, refuel lever, ils and tacan controls, etc.

I'll try to complete along this weekend.

Later I'm going to translate my F18 pages to the new DCS-COINS v2, so stay tuned.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Marcos Paes said:

Hello. can you update COINS so we can use with the apache? Thank You !

Yes, certainly.... as soon as my head stop spinning from the many VRS death spirals... 😆

Joke aside. Patience, my friend. 🙂

DCSFlightpanels had not posted its DCS-BIOS update for the AH-64 - though it appears that Warlord211 had finally completed the Lua file after a few continuous days of hard work. No idea whether any other associated work is still pending, or whether they are waiting for completion of other planned program components to bundle for the next release.

You can track the DCS-BIOS release via:

https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases

Once I get my hands on the DCS-BIOS release, I need to convert it into a PP file format.

And after that, the question is - do I release the DCS-COINS package as-is, that is having the parameters populated with raw DCS-BIOS values? Or delay it until I (or someone else) can spend some time to translate the raw values into human-friendly ones?

With the first approach, I can release it within a day or two after the DCS-BIOS update. And with the latter, it may take days or even weeks... depending on my availability, as it's very tedious and time-consuming... I expect Apache to have the biggest number of parameters so far.

Note that if I do the first approach, TP page creators will have to remap page buttons after the eventual release of the translated version - if they want to keep their DCS-COINS up-to-date. Yes, you can opt to preserve the Apache PP file with the raw values but it's going to be a hassle each time you do a DCS-COINS update.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Edited by xoomigo
  • Thanks 1

I have a quick questions one of you guys might have an answer to.

Can I control fuctions on Touch Portal from my computer?

I have created a profile for the AH64-D that consists of two pages. One for cockpit controls and one for the keyboard.

I would like to assign a command or key combo to switch between these two pages.

Then I want to assign this key combo to a joystick button or Voice Attack command.

***UPDATE***

I just got the solution from somebody on the TP Discord and it works perfectly:

You could have voice attack write to a file and then tp use an event to watch that file change and read it in and based on its value switch to the page you expect.

Maybe it's useful to anybody.

Edited by PHMAC
found solution
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, xoomigo said:

Yes, certainly.... as soon as my head stop spinning from the many VRS death spirals... 😆

Joke aside. Patience, my friend. 🙂

DCSFlightpanels had not posted its DCS-BIOS update for the AH-64 - though it appears that Warlord211 had finally completed the Lua file after a few continuous days of hard work. No idea whether any other associated work is still pending, or whether they are waiting for completion of other planned program components to bundle for the next release.

You can track the DCS-BIOS release via:

https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios/releases

Once I get my hands on the DCS-BIOS release, I need to convert it into a PP file format.

And after that, the question is - do I release the DCS-COINS package as-is, that is having the parameters populated with raw DCS-BIOS values? Or delay it until I (or someone else) can spend some time to translate the raw values into human-friendly ones?

With the first approach, I can release it within a day or two after the DCS-BIOS update. And with the latter, it may take days or even weeks... depending on my availability, as it's very tedious and time-consuming... I expect Apache to have the biggest number of parameters so far.

Note that if I do the first approach, TP page creators will have to remap page buttons after the eventual release of the translated version - if they want to keep their DCS-COINS up-to-date. Yes, you can opt to preserve the Apache PP file with the raw values but it's going to be a hassle each time you do a DCS-COINS update.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers!

I think you can release when is total ready, I dont know how to do it, but i can help to translate hehe!

On 3/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, PHMAC said:

***UPDATE***

I just got the solution from somebody on the TP Discord and it works perfectly:

You could have voice attack write to a file and then tp use an event to watch that file change and read it in and based on its value switch to the page you expect.

Maybe it's useful to anybody.

Yes, I may do that. Thanks for sharing, PHMAC! 🙂

On 3/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, Marcos Paes said:

I think you can release when is total ready, I dont know how to do it, but i can help to translate hehe!

Okie dokie.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:40 PM, Kyle_Katarn said:

Use the tab On Hold.

When you use the On Press tab, ontouching the buttton, TP will mimic just one press of the keystroke combo. You can use the virtual press or the low level key press.

But if you use the On Hold tab, when you just touch the button, like a simple key stroke, the low level key press only will send the simple key stroke to DCS. Instead, if you tpuch and hold on a button, TP will send the low level key press all the time you are pressing the button.

Using the On Hold tab you are forced to use the low level key press, but this is not a problem because is a much more compatible way to program a combo key press.

Even more, the virtual key press can't mimic the left or right shift, alt, ctrl or windows key, but the low level key press can do it, so it is much more versatile.

So my advice is, use always the low level key press.

Use only On Press tab if the button don't have two different actions (one on press andone on hold)

Hi Kyle (or any others who can help),

I have a simple problem that I cant figure out (I'm a simple man), but I'm pretty sure you can help me in no time at all.

I'm creating a DCS Camera Page in Touch Portal. For whatever reason, I cannot get the On Hold stuff to work. For example, external zoom in DCS is bound to is RAlt + Numpad* by default. In TP I go to my "Zoom In" button>On Hold tab>Low-level key press, then bind RAlt and Numpad* and...nothing. Freaking nothing. What am I missing?!

I also tried making a George AI page as well for the Apache and none of the long press commands (On Hold) would work either. I even tried setting On Pressed to the short W,S,A,D commands and On Hold to the long W, S, A, D commands for a work around. Can only get the single press, short commands to work. For a test I even tried adding keybinds in hopes that TP would see W S A D for the short presses (On Pressed tab) and LCTRL W S A D for the long presses (On Hold tab). Still did not work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

On 3/26/2022 at 8:27 PM, -ORION- said:

I'm creating a DCS Camera Page in Touch Portal. For whatever reason, I cannot get the On Hold stuff to work. For example, external zoom in DCS is bound to is RAlt + Numpad* by default. In TP I go to my "Zoom In" button>On Hold tab>Low-level key press, then bind RAlt and Numpad* and...nothing. Freaking nothing. What am I missing?!

I also tried making a George AI page as well for the Apache and none of the long press commands (On Hold) would work either. I even tried setting On Pressed to the short W,S,A,D commands and On Hold to the long W, S, A, D commands for a work around. Can only get the single press, short commands to work. For a test I even tried adding keybinds in hopes that TP would see W S A D for the short presses (On Pressed tab) and LCTRL W S A D for the long presses (On Hold tab). Still did not work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

If you press combo of RAlt and Numpad* in your keyboard, does "Zoom In" works?

I have encountered my key bind for the AH-64D parking handle not working, and am suspecting that it could be due to a "yet-to-be-addressed" feature in the EA release.

20 hours ago, xoomigo said:

If you press combo of RAlt and Numpad* in your keyboard, does "Zoom In" works?

I have encountered my key bind for the AH-64D parking handle not working, and am suspecting that it could be due to a "yet-to-be-addressed" feature in the EA release.

Hi Xoomigo, Yes all keyboard combos work just fine - part of the reason this hiccup is so frustrating. Shame about the parking brake, though I haven't tried creating a button for that one. Do you use any other On Hold buttons and if so, are they working for you? My issue seems to affect all modules, not just the EA Apache. 

Edit: I did some more troubleshooting - NONE of my Low-level key presses are working. On Hold only allows for Low-level key presses, so that's why none of my On Hold buttons work. What a mess lol. I wonder when/why this started happening...

Edited by -ORION-

4 hours ago, -ORION- said:

Hi Xoomigo, Yes all keyboard combos work just fine - part of the reason this hiccup is so frustrating. Shame about the parking brake, though I haven't tried creating a button for that one. Do you use any other On Hold buttons and if so, are they working for you? My issue seems to affect all modules, not just the EA Apache. 

Edit: I did some more troubleshooting - NONE of my Low-level key presses are working. On Hold only allows for Low-level key presses, so that's why none of my On Hold buttons work. What a mess lol. I wonder when/why this started happening...

Yes, I use single key low-level key presses in my Mosquito "On Hold" buttons without problems. But I have not tried pairing with either Alt, Ctrl or Shift key.

Low-level key press should work for "On Pressed". Is this not working for you?

BTW, I have not upgraded and is still with TP v2.3.010. Are you using v3.x?

25 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

Yes, I use single key low-level key presses in my Mosquito "On Hold" buttons without problems. But I have not tried pairing with either Alt, Ctrl or Shift key.

Low-level key press should work for "On Pressed". Is this not working for you?

BTW, I have not upgraded and is still with TP v2.3.010. Are you using v3.x?

Very strange. Low-level key presses are not working for me. I just made two buttons to test things one more time: 1) Low-level key press in On Pressed using the letter "V". 2) normal Virtual key press in On Pressed using the letter "V". Opened up notepad to see if both would type the letter "V" - only button 2 is working.

I am also still using v2.3.010. I am tempted to update to v3 just to see if that fixes things. I have to learn how to back things up before I try that though, just in case.

On 3/26/2022 at 1:27 PM, -ORION- said:

Hi Kyle (or any others who can help),

I have a simple problem that I cant figure out (I'm a simple man), but I'm pretty sure you can help me in no time at all.

I'm sorry I miss your message, but Ximogo is trying to help you.
I have found that some key combination doesnt work as expected using TP but works fine using the key board directly but a simple OnHold with only one key must to work but is clear that for you something wierd is happening.

To create a backup in version 2.3.x just go to the settings page and the third option from the bottom is "Backups".

Here you can see what, when and size of the backups present in your Documents\Touch Portal Backups.

If you update to v3 just need to find the same option in the new version and press the button with the round arrows.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I try to install DCS-COINS and during the setup process I have an issue when it ask me to select modules. After selection of one or multiple modules, I have this message on screen and no module can be installed. The message say in english something like "Impossible to call a method in a null string"

Have you any idea ?

Thanks

I run it on win11

image.png

19 hours ago, jed40 said:

Hi all

I try to install DCS-COINS and during the setup process I have an issue when it ask me to select modules. After selection of one or multiple modules, I have this message on screen and no module can be installed. The message say in english something like "Impossible to call a method in a null string"

Have you any idea ?

Thanks

I run it on win11

image.png

It's a bummer. Sorry, I don't have access to Windows 11 and the setup was not tested on the platform. No idea if it's due to Windows 11 in general or something specific to your setup.

It's a long shot but can you try running the setup program in Windows 10 compatibility mode? Please share how it goes.

Edited by xoomigo

Thank you for your reply.

With Win11 you can't select compatibility win10 because I think it's same process. Win11 is mainly a re-looking of Win10. I tried with windows 8 compatibility but unfortunately it's same issue.

The message appear when I select modules in the list. If I select 1 I get 1 error message, if I select 2 modules, I get 2 error messages and so on... It seems that even if I select.

For the following example, I selected F-16. I got the error message after pressing "Next" and then I can see this log on the main install windows. If it can help you...

image.png

19 hours ago, jed40 said:

Thank you for your reply.

With Win11 you can't select compatibility win10 because I think it's same process. Win11 is mainly a re-looking of Win10. I tried with windows 8 compatibility but unfortunately it's same issue.

The message appear when I select modules in the list. If I select 1 I get 1 error message, if I select 2 modules, I get 2 error messages and so on... It seems that even if I select.

For the following example, I selected F-16. I got the error message after pressing "Next" and then I can see this log on the main install windows. If it can help you...

image.png

Guys, any of you manage to run DCS-COINS on Windows 11?

Hi jed40,

I have tried but unable to troubleshoot further without being on Windows 11. I will be upgrading once Windows Update made it available on my PC (hopefully it meets the requirements - I have invested quite substantially on it for DCS). Once I get onboard with Windows 11, then perhaps I can get to the bottom of the issue.

Anyway, here's a temporary workaround (with the assumption that you already have the DCS-BIOS installed and configured without using DCS-COINS Setup - since I saw from the logs that your F-16C_50.lua was already enabled prior):

1. Copy the attached file aircraftModules.pp (selected F-16C module) to the "acdb" folder (it's in the folder where your DCS-COINS_Setup.exe resides).

2. Run DCS-COINS_Setup.exe.

3. Click on button "Created TP File".

4. Click on "Exit Setup".

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

aircraftModules.pp

• Thanks 1

Hi Xoomigo,

Thank you for this.

Finally I found the issue. It came from my DCS-BIOS folder. There were something wrong. I rename my folder, and I did a new install with DCS-coins setup and everything goes well.

Thanks again for your time

All my best

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, Kyle_Katarn said:

I have a profile almost done for the A10C/II using DCS-COIN v2

It contains an UFC, radios, a full CDU and I'm polishing a cold and dark start page.

The UFC also have some frecuently used elements as landing gear lever, refuel lever, ils and tacan controls, etc.

I'll try to complete along this weekend.

Later I'm going to translate my F18 pages to the new DCS-COINS v2, so stay tuned.

Hi. Can you share it?

:sly: Intel i9 9900K | RTX 2080ti | 64gb DDR4 | m2 SSD 512 gb + 512 gb + SSD 512 gb + HDD 2 tb | Saitek X-52 :joystick: | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO | Rift S :pilotfly:

I've tried to make the page for KA-50 on v3 - it's a torture. There is a mess with events in IF block. Does somebody have v2 install file?

And what is the logic when you programm the button, for example in KA-50 left top corner buttons for sending target's info work in next queue:

1st click

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [ON]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_led [ON]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [OFF]

2nd click

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [ON]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [OFF]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_led [OFF]

So the logic is when I click on that button it press on it, turn led on, and then turn leds off. How to make this 'cicle' in On press tab?

And one more problem (maybe it's v3 problem).
There is such even 
Event: mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_target_vehicle_btn [ON]
It's impossible to find such name in TouchPortal, so I use Ka-50.json to find Decription like this Target #1/Vehicle button but there is no such action in TP v3, what is the problem? In v3?

:sly: Intel i9 9900K | RTX 2080ti | 64gb DDR4 | m2 SSD 512 gb + 512 gb + SSD 512 gb + HDD 2 tb | Saitek X-52 :joystick: | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO | Rift S :pilotfly: