Touch Portal App

15 hours ago, Om said:

I've tried to make the page for KA-50 on v3 - it's a torture. There is a mess with events in IF block. Does somebody have v2 install file?

And one more problem (maybe it's v3 problem).
There is such even 
Event: mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_target_vehicle_btn [ON]
It's impossible to find such name in TouchPortal, so I use Ka-50.json to find Decription like this Target #1/Vehicle button but there is no such action in TP v3, what is the problem? In v3?

To address the messy IF lists issue, use the older TP v2.3.010 (https://www.touch-portal.com/downloads/archive/win/TouchPortal_Setup.exe) to do your page development for the time being. Perhaps, you may also find the missing target_vehicle_btn with this version.

16 hours ago, Om said:

IAnd what is the logic when you programm the button, for example in KA-50 left top corner buttons for sending target's info work in next queue:

1st click

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [ON]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_led [ON]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [OFF]

2nd click

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [ON]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_btn [OFF]

mgdc_ka-50_st_dlnk_wingman_1_led [OFF]

So the logic is when I click on that button it press on it, turn led on, and then turn leds off. How to make this 'cicle' in On press tab?

Looks to me wingman_1_btn button is a toggle action switch for the state wingman_1_led ON and OFF. When wingman_1_btn is pressed (ON), it toggle the state of wingman_1_led from ON to OFF, or OFF to ON accordingly, and then wingman_1_btn returns to depressed (OFF) state.

If I understand your question correctly here:

On press,

1. Add event for wingman_1_btn state being changed to ON.

2. Add a IF (wingman_1_led is equal ON), then set action to turn wingman_1_led to OFF.

3. Add a ELSE

4. Add action to turn wingman_1_led to ON

5. Add a END IF

6. Add action to set wingman_1_btn to OFF.

Hope this make sense and it does what you want.

On 5/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, xoomigo said:

To address the messy IF lists issue, use the older TP v2.3.010 (https://www.touch-portal.com/downloads/archive/win/TouchPortal_Setup.exe) to do your page development for the time being. Perhaps, you may also find the missing target_vehicle_btn with this version.

Thanks for the reply. I installed v2 and there is no any Target #1 or target_vehicle_btn in actions, events and in IF statements, but it is inside json file in DCS-COINS folder. But in TouchPortal a lot of other aircraft I didn't chose when was generating plugin's file like F16 and so on.

That's really pitty and not shure is it playable at all. Do you have such commands in ur KA-50 with TP v2?

Here is that part of JSON with that button:

"DLNK_TARGET_VEHICLE_BTN": {
                                                                                               "api_variant": "momentary_last_position",
                                                                                                  "category": "Datalink Control Panel",
                                                                                              "control_type": "selector",
                                                                                               "description": "Target #1/Vehicle button",
                                                                                                "identifier": "DLNK_TARGET_VEHICLE_BTN",
                                                                                                    "inputs": [ {
                                                                                                                  "description": "switch to previous or next state",
                                                                                                                    "interface": "fixed_step"
                                                                                                              }, {
                                                                                                                  "description": "set position",
                                                                                                                    "interface": "set_state",
                                                                                                                    "max_value": 1
                                                                                                              }, {
                                                                                                                     "argument": "TOGGLE",
                                                                                                                  "description": "Toggle switch state",
                                                                                                                    "interface": "action"
                                                                                                              } ],
                                                                                       "momentary_positions": "none",
                                                                                                   "outputs": [ {
                                                                                                                      "address": 6158,
                                                                                                                  "description": "selector position",
                                                                                                                         "mask": 64,
                                                                                                                    "max_value": 1,
                                                                                                                     "shift_by": 6,
                                                                                                                       "suffix": "",
                                                                                                                         "type": "integer"
                                                                                                              } ],
                                                                                          "physical_variant": "push_button"
                                                                                   },

And again Helmet device brightness knob is not in Plugin but HUD/TV declutter switch is there.

"Targeting Display Control Panel": {
                                                           "HMS_BRIGHTNESS": {
                                                                                     "category": "Targeting Display Control Panel",
                                                                                 "control_type": "limited_dial",
                                                                                  "description": "Helmet device brightness knob",
                                                                                   "identifier": "HMS_BRIGHTNESS",
                                                                                                     "description": "set the position of the dial",
                                                                                                       "max_value": 65535
                                                                                                 }, {
                                                                                                        "description": "turn the dial left or right",
                                                                                                          "interface": "variable_step",
                                                                                                          "max_value": 65535,
                                                                                                     "suggested_step": 3200
                                                                                                 } ],
                                                                                                         "address": 6288,
                                                                                                     "description": "position of the potentiometer",
                                                                                                            "mask": 65535,
                                                                                                       "max_value": 65535,
                                                                                                        "shift_by": 0,
                                                                                                 } ]
                                                                             },
                                                            "HUD_DECLUTTER": {
                                                                                            "category": "Targeting Display Control Panel",
                                                                                         "description": "HUD/TV declutter switch",
                                                                                          "identifier": "HUD_DECLUTTER",
                                                                                                            "description": "switch to previous or next state",
                                                                                                              "interface": "fixed_step"
                                                                                                        }, {
                                                                                                            "description": "set position",
                                                                                                              "max_value": 1
                                                                                                        }, {
                                                                                                               "argument": "TOGGLE",
                                                                                                            "description": "Toggle switch state",
                                                                                                              "interface": "action"
                                                                                                        } ],
                                                                                 "momentary_positions": "none",
                                                                                                                "address": 6286,
                                                                                                            "description": "selector position",
                                                                                                                   "mask": 8,
                                                                                                              "max_value": 1,
                                                                                                               "shift_by": 3,
                                                                                                        } ],
                                                                                    "physical_variant": "toggle_switch"
                                                                             },

So for some reason this mod seems like doesn't want to parse JSON file well... I've tried to rename 'descriptions' - no gain.

Edited by Om

:sly: Intel i9 9900K | RTX 2080ti | 64gb DDR4 | m2 SSD 512 gb + 512 gb + SSD 512 gb + HDD 2 tb | Saitek X-52 :joystick: | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO | Rift S :pilotfly:

Ok, I've made Target buttons worked, I mean they are shown inside TouchPortal, I've just renamed them in ka-50.pp file as:

DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_BTN|dlnk_target_other_btn|Target 3 Other type button|4|0|OffOn|OFF
DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_LED|dlnk_target_other_led|Target 3 Other type LED|0|0|OffOn|OFF

and inside ka-50.json as:

"DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_BTN": {
                                                                                               "description": "Target 3 Other type button",
                                                                                                "identifier": "DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_BTN",

And it's inside TP. SO the problem with mod - it's doesn't parse JSON files well.

Why the previous example with Helmet device brightness knob doesn't work - I don't know, there are no any # or \ in the name... but maybe some renaming will help

:sly: Intel i9 9900K | RTX 2080ti | 64gb DDR4 | m2 SSD 512 gb + 512 gb + SSD 512 gb + HDD 2 tb | Saitek X-52 :joystick: | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO | Rift S :pilotfly:

On 5/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, xoomigo said:

Looks to me wingman_1_btn button is a toggle action switch for the state wingman_1_led ON and OFF. When wingman_1_btn is pressed (ON), it toggle the state of wingman_1_led from ON to OFF, or OFF to ON accordingly, and then wingman_1_btn returns to depressed (OFF) state.

If I understand your question correctly here:

On press,

1. Add event for wingman_1_btn state being changed to ON.

2. Add a IF (wingman_1_led is equal ON), then set action to turn wingman_1_led to OFF.

3. Add a ELSE

4. Add action to turn wingman_1_led to ON

5. Add a END IF

6. Add action to set wingman_1_btn to OFF.

Hope this make sense and it does what you want.

Trying to do this. It's impossible to add event to On Pressed tab. You can add event only to On Event tab in TP. And yes, it toggle button with btn ON, Led ON and btn OFF at the same time by 1 click

nullAnd there are no wingman's leds in Actions... only in Events 😞

image.png

After some test I found the way it works fine:

nullAnd you need add an action to On Rressed tab with just Toggle option (not On or Off)

image.png

Edited by Om

7 hours ago, Om said:

Ok, I've made Target buttons worked, I mean they are shown inside TouchPortal, I've just renamed them in ka-50.pp file as:

DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_BTN|dlnk_target_other_btn|Target 3 Other type button|4|0|OffOn|OFF
DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_LED|dlnk_target_other_led|Target 3 Other type LED|0|0|OffOn|OFF

and inside ka-50.json as:

"DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_BTN": {
                                                                                               "description": "Target 3 Other type button",
                                                                                                "identifier": "DLNK_TARGET_OTHER_BTN",

And it's inside TP. SO the problem with mod - it's doesn't parse JSON files well.

Why the previous example with Helmet device brightness knob doesn't work - I don't know, there are no any # or \ in the name... but maybe some renaming will help

Om, I understand now this issue that you are having. Your persistence is admirable. 🙂

Till your first post here, I was not aware of anyone using the plugin to creating a TP page for the KA-50, and hence until now, the extracted output from the json file concerned has never been tested.

You have correctly figured out that any line in the Ka-50.pp (and all .pp files) with a '#' character (regardless of field or position) would be ignored by the Setup program when it generates the TP entry.tp file. As such, you will not see them listed in the TP user interface. To enable such a parameter, just delete all "#" characters in the parameter line in the Ka-50.pp file and re-run the Setup (which I think you already know, but it's for the benefit of others reading this post).

By default, this "#" is applied to potentially "noisy" and irrelevant parameters, those defined with "outputs" of "max_value" exceeding 255 in the json file. This is to minimize the number of parameters and therefore, the volume of incoming data for the plugin to process - to avoid adverse impact on PC performance.

To address the situation, if you can provide a list of the "Identifier" name of parameters (from the Ka-50.json), I will update the plugin setup with exclusion list to avoid filtering/disabling them for the KA-50.

Edited by xoomigo

6 hours ago, Om said:

Trying to do this. It's impossible to add event to On Pressed tab. You can add event only to On Event tab in TP. And yes, it toggle button with btn ON, Led ON and btn OFF at the same time by 1 click

nullAnd there are no wingman's leds in Actions... only in Events 😞

image.png

After some test I found the way it works fine:

nullAnd you need add an action to On Rressed tab with just Toggle option (not On or Off)

image.png

Okay, Glad that you got it solved.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:13 AM, xoomigo said:

Om, I understand now this issue that you are having. Your persistence is admirable. 🙂

Till your first post here, I was not aware of anyone using the plugin to creating a TP page for the KA-50, and hence until now, the extracted output from the json file concerned has never been tested.

You have correctly figured out that any line in the Ka-50.pp (and all .pp files) with a '#' character (regardless of field or position) would be ignored by the Setup program when it generates the TP entry.tp file. As such, you will not see them listed in the TP user interface. To enable such a parameter, just delete all "#" characters in the parameter line in the Ka-50.pp file and re-run the Setup (which I think you already know, but it's for the benefit of others reading this post).

By default, this "#" is applied to potentially "noisy" and irrelevant parameters, those defined with "outputs" of "max_value" exceeding 255 in the json file. This is to minimize the number of parameters and therefore, the volume of incoming data for the plugin to process - to avoid adverse impact on PC performance.

To address the situation, if you can provide a list of the "Identifier" name of parameters (from the Ka-50.json), I will update the plugin setup with exclusion list to avoid filtering/disabling them for the KA-50.

Yeah, when I complete my setup I'll write where was a mess. So far that "Targets" were messed up with #

My KA-50 setup so far

null

BTW, as I got it right it's impossibel to use On hold action, any ideas how we can cheat this? 

image.png

Edited by Om

On 5/18/2022 at 8:06 AM, Om said:

BTW, as I got it right it's impossibel to use On hold action, any ideas how we can cheat this?

For "On Hold" setting, I key-binded a control (eg. "W" to a Mosquito starter button) .

OnHold_1.png

On 5/29/2022 at 7:15 PM, PHMAC said:

Hi @xoomigo

Any luck including the AH-64 in the COINS tool? Are you facing issue we might be able to help with? Maybe you need something from ED that we can request for you?

Thanks!

Martijn

Hi PHMAC & all,

Sorry, I have been preoccupied with the passing of a loved one.

Yes, I did a quick check. DCSFlightPanels had released DCS-BIOS v0.7.45 with support for AH-64D about 6 days ago.

I know a number of you have been patiently waiting for the Apache support. So, I will try to find some time to do an initial bare bone release for it (without translated enumerated value) during the weekend.

Will update again when it's done.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, xoomigo said:

Thanks, Martijn.

Hi all,

I have already updated DCS-COINS with latest DCS-BIOS v0.7.45 and support for the AH-64D. Note that I have yet to actually test it. So please post any feedback here. I will properly review and fix any issues later on.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319022/

Cheers.

FIXED FIXED ALREADY (I FORGOT TO INSTALL NEW VERSION OF DCS BIOS)

Hello, Thank you again, i am getting this error:
null

image.png

null

image.png

Edited by Marcos Paes

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

FYI, the next Touch Portal release v3.1 Build 4 (v3.1.3) will fix all known issues with DCS-COINS plugin (the last being the F/A-18C drop-down list) - expect to be available within the next 24 hours.

Cheers.

Edited by xoomigo

• 1 month later...

Hi xoomigo,

I'm creating my own F/A-18 UFC page, so far so good, but I have some difficulties in getting it the UFC 'displays' to refresh fast enough to be really usefull. 

I've used different ways, but the effect is the same. I'm now using the Dynamic Text Updater which is easier and works a tiny bit better than the earlier option described. 

There are some strange issues, for example; i'm typing 1688 on my iPad UFC. I'm seeing on monitor 1688, but on my iPad UFC i'm seeing 1668 and than after a second or so it updates to the right value of 1688

Is there any way of speeding it up? 

I've attached some of the logging by the way the shows what happens when I enter 1688. 

UFC.jpg

F18UFC.tpz

By the way: I already tried the "   2. Refer to TIP# 3 to remove unneeded and noisy events from being processed on both Android/iOS device and PC/laptop.

logging.txt

Edited by Bertuz

8 hours ago, Bertuz said:

Hi xoomigo,

I'm creating my own F/A-18 UFC page, so far so good, but I have some difficulties in getting it the UFC 'displays' to refresh fast enough to be really usefull. 

I've used different ways, but the effect is the same. I'm now using the Dynamic Text Updater which is easier and works a tiny bit better than the earlier option described. 

There are some strange issues, for example; i'm typing 1688 on my iPad UFC. I'm seeing on monitor 1688, but on my iPad UFC i'm seeing 1668 and than after a second or so it updates to the right value of 1688

Is there any way of speeding it up? 

I've attached some of the logging by the way the shows what happens when I enter 1688. 

By the way: I already tried the "   2. Refer to TIP# 3 to remove unneeded and noisy events from being processed on both Android/iOS device and PC/laptop.

Hi Bertuz,

Firstly, I want to state that I like and appreciate that you have presented a very thorough situation of your issue on hand.

From your logs, we can strike off response time as the cause. They showed the "inherent" issue that I had noticed and was aware of right from the start. Text values are sometime returned in partial state - some are more frequent than others. At this point in time, I do not have the expertise to troubleshoot Flightpanel's DCS-BIOS and/or Daniel Tian's DCS-BIOS API.

I can however, try to find and develop a holistic way to address the issue within DCS-COINS - but it will take time.

This year has not been good for me. DCS is off limits to me for the past few weeks due to my motherboard being faulty. Its replacement along with a new CPU are only expected to arrive early next month. It will run Windows 11 and will require a bit of effort to set it up before I am back in business.

I have a hanging work-in-progress Apache keyboard unit (CDU) along with update and relabeling of AH-64D parameter values. Also in queue, is the repackaging to include the latest FP's DCS-BIOS with support for the Mirage F1.

I will send you a PM when I have a solution later though I cannot say when. I want to use your neat-looking UFC as well - if you are okay. 🙂

Cheers!

2 hours ago, xoomigo said:

Hi Bertuz,

Firstly, I want to state that I like and appreciate that you have presented a very thorough situation of your issue on hand.

From your logs, we can strike off response time as the cause. They showed the "inherent" issue that I had noticed and was aware of right from the start. Text values are sometime returned in partial state - some are more frequent than others. At this point in time, I do not have the expertise to troubleshoot Flightpanel's DCS-BIOS and/or Daniel Tian's DCS-BIOS API.

I can however, try to find and develop a holistic way to address the issue within DCS-COINS - but it will take time.

This year has not been good for me. DCS is off limits to me for the past few weeks due to my motherboard being faulty. Its replacement along with a new CPU are only expected to arrive early next month. It will run Windows 11 and will require a bit of effort to set it up before I am back in business.

I have a hanging work-in-progress Apache keyboard unit (CDU) along with update and relabeling of AH-64D parameter values. Also in queue, is the repackaging to include the latest FP's DCS-BIOS with support for the Mirage F1.

I will send you a PM when I have a solution later though I cannot say when. I want to use your neat-looking UFC as well - if you are okay. 🙂

Cheers!

Hi xoomigo,

Thanks for you're reply! I'm sorry to hear that this year is not good for you. Hopefully will the next month be better!

I'm looking forward if there is any solution, in the mean time i will digg a bit deeper. 

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I totally fell in love with this solution and have been experimenting with switches for L-39 for a few evenings (slow progress though 😉 nothing publishable yet). I also noticed the published FC3 panels and was curious how they work - because FC3 actions/events are very poor compared to full-blown module. But these are different, they are keyboard based, which is OK - although it means you have to redefine it if some of the default keybinds are changed. This is the strength of those low-level actions - but I guess there are no such actions available for these kinds of models, right?

I'm wondering about the free clickable TF-51D - I noticed there is nothing installed for it, no action section, nothing. Is this somehow tied to the full version of P-51D? Of course, one can support it via keyboard emulation again, but it seems strange - as it is fully clickable cockpit.

In L-39 I also hit the wall was when I wanted to use a slider to control something like light intensity (rheostat). I can convert the 0-100 range to that of DCS (e.g. by multiplying the number by 655), but I can't find any actual action to set the rheostat value. There is something like FRONT_INST_LIGHT_INTENS in DCS-BIOS JSON for L-39, but I can't see it in Touch Portal. Does anyone know whether/how it's possible?

In overall, I'm just at the beginning, but this is very nice alternative not only to Steam Deck, but also to HW buttons (e.g. like VKB NXT modules and similar). Sure, these are more tactile - but the tablet is much more flexible and programmable + can show stuff much better as well.

Even when it can't do some things (yet?)... whatever, now I can do at least something on the tablet - so I'm better off in any case!

Thanks @xoomigo for DCS-COINS, it is really a great improvement providing many options.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

I've noticed an interesting problem while extending my L-39 setup. There is a switch defined by this line in PP file:
FRONT_BOMB_REL_SEL|front_bomb_rel_sel|FRONT Missile/Bomb Release Selector Switch, PORT(Left)/STARB-BOTH(Right for Missiles/Both)|4|0|OffOn|OFF

Now, it works when I call the action from TP, but the events do not work. Even stranger - when I flip the switch in the cockpit, it only works one way (to ON position) - and only once. I ran the verbose debug... and there was no action at all when I flipped the switch back and forth. There is only one line:

Event: mgdc_l-39za_st_front_bomb_rel_sel [ON]

And this one only after I set the switch via TP first, not when I change it in the cockpit afterwards. EDIT: Affects only L-39C, works fine in ZA.

Any idea what is the problem? Is it DCS-BIOS related or DCS itself?

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

On 9/10/2022 at 12:38 AM, virgo47 said:

I'm wondering about the free clickable TF-51D - I noticed there is nothing installed for it, no action section, nothing. Is this somehow tied to the full version of P-51D? Of course, one can support it via keyboard emulation again, but it seems strange - as it is fully clickable cockpit.

In L-39 I also hit the wall was when I wanted to use a slider to control something like light intensity (rheostat). I can convert the 0-100 range to that of DCS (e.g. by multiplying the number by 655), but I can't find any actual action to set the rheostat value. There is something like FRONT_INST_LIGHT_INTENS in DCS-BIOS JSON for L-39, but I can't see it in Touch Portal. Does anyone know whether/how it's possible?

In overall, I'm just at the beginning, but this is very nice alternative not only to Steam Deck, but also to HW buttons (e.g. like VKB NXT modules and similar). Sure, these are more tactile - but the tablet is much more flexible and programmable + can show stuff much better as well.

Even when it can't do some things (yet?)... whatever, now I can do at least something on the tablet - so I'm better off in any case!

Thanks @xoomigo for DCS-COINS, it is really a great improvement providing many options.

Hi Virgo47,

I think the P-51D option is supports the free TF-51D module - according to the DCS-BIOS aircraft alias definitions. Though there may be likely some features listed which may not be available to the free version.

You are the first user I know of who flies the L-39. 🙂
When my rig is fully restored with DCS and the IDE for DCS-COINS, I will check out the TP slider feature yet. Will update in this channel if there's any progress.

On 9/11/2022 at 5:32 PM, virgo47 said:

I've noticed an interesting problem while extending my L-39 setup. There is a switch defined by this line in PP file:
FRONT_BOMB_REL_SEL|front_bomb_rel_sel|FRONT Missile/Bomb Release Selector Switch, PORT(Left)/STARB-BOTH(Right for Missiles/Both)|4|0|OffOn|OFF

Now, it works when I call the action from TP, but the events do not work. Even stranger - when I flip the switch in the cockpit, it only works one way (to ON position) - and only once. I ran the verbose debug... and there was no action at all when I flipped the switch back and forth. There is only one line:

Event: mgdc_l-39za_st_front_bomb_rel_sel [ON]

And this one only after I set the switch via TP first, not when I change it in the cockpit afterwards.

Any idea what is the problem? Is it DCS-BIOS related or DCS itself?

Assuming that your PC setup is decent - runs DCS without any lag, I would say that it is a DCS-BIOS issue. I found a few of the Mozzie parameters having the similar issues while doing a panel for it.

You may need to reach out to the FlightPanels DCS-BIOS author(s) about the issue.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, xoomigo said:

Hi Virgo47,

I think the P-51D option is supports the free TF-51D module - according to the DCS-BIOS aircraft alias definitions. Though there may be likely some features listed which may not be available to the free version.

You are the first user I know of who flies the L-39. 🙂
When my rig is fully restored with DCS and the IDE for DCS-COINS, I will check out the TP slider feature yet. Will update in this channel if there's any progress.

I suspected P-51D may support TF-51D, but it is not automatically installed like other modules - it probably relies on P-51D module being bought. I don't know how to install it manually (just adding the JSON from DCS-BIOS is enough?), but for now this is lower on my priority list.

Talking about the sliders - I want to ask about the ignored items, whether I understand it correctly. The line from the PP file related to my slider experiment was this:

FRONT_INST_LIGHT_INTENS|front_inst_light_intens|FRONT Instrument Lights Intensity|0|0|#Max65535#|0

Does the # character anywhere on the line mean the line is ignored?

Also - in DCS-BIOS JSON, the entry for FRONT_INST_LIGHT_INTENS has outputs, but empty inputs array - that probably means it only works one way. Sorry for lame question, input/output is from which perspective - from DCS's point of view?

Finally about the missing events for one switch - I installed DCS-BIOS separately on my other DCS installation and tried to see what it does, but after a few hours here and there I couldn't figure out whether DCS-BIOS has anything similar to your debug output - which is very useful. There is this Lua console, but it doesn't show the events as they are emitted, then there is DCS-BIOS.log, but that one is only full of lines like "Util.lua: value 334646.000000 is too large for address 12862 mask 65535" and nothing else. I'll probably ask on the DCS forums for Home Cockpits eventually, but I'll try a few more stabs at it before that.

Edited by virgo47

21 hours ago, virgo47 said:

I suspected P-51D may support TF-51D, but it is not automatically installed like other modules - it probably relies on P-51D module being bought. I don't know how to install it manually (just adding the JSON from DCS-BIOS is enough?), but for now this is lower on my priority list.

Try this - from DCS-COINS_Setup.exe, check the P-51D option and then regenerate the tpp file and reinstall the DCS-COINS plugin for TP.

P-51D_Select.png

21 hours ago, virgo47 said:

FRONT_INST_LIGHT_INTENS|front_inst_light_intens|FRONT Instrument Lights Intensity|0|0|#Max65535#|0

Does the # character anywhere on the line mean the line is ignored?

Yes, if one or more # characters appear on the line, it would be ignored. You can remove the # character to enable it to be processed by DCS-COINS - but you will need to regenerate the TPP file and reinstall the plugin.

• Like 1