Touch Portal App

1 hour ago, Marcos Paes said:

Ah, and asking again, anyone found this display name on COINS?
image.png

Did you try parameters mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_option_display_# (1 to 5) and mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_option_cueing_# (1 to 5)?

I think PHMAC already did what you are trying to do. If so, please check out the discussion in the previous page (page 2) where he showed parts of his setup. Otherwise please elaborate what/how you are thinking to achieve.

Dear PHMAC, Marcos and DCS-COINS users,

I have just discovered an easier and more efficient way to get the Hornet's UFC Display (or any aircraft's text display) value updated - without the need for global events and values.

You can do the following at the page button level:

image.png

Expand "Change title to" --> "${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_option_cueing_1}${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_option_display_1}".

It should be evident by now that I am also new to Touch Portal/DCS - still learning and discovering new stuff along the way. 😅

Also a heads-up - a DCS-COINS enhancement is being planned to convert Max65535 and Max65000 parameter values (typical for gauge reading, throttle position engine RPM and etc.) into the more human-friendly percentage format (0-100). Will update here when it's available.

On 11/25/2021 at 12:34 PM, xoomigo said:

Dear PHMAC, Marcos and DCS-COINS users,

I have just discovered an easier and more efficient way to get the Hornet's UFC Display (or any aircraft's text display) value updated - without the need for global events and values.

You can do the following at the page button level:

image.png

Expand "Change title to" --> "${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_option_cueing_1}${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_option_display_1}".

It should be evident by now that I am also new to Touch Portal/DCS - still learning and discovering new stuff along the way. 😅

Also a heads-up - a DCS-COINS enhancement is being planned to convert Max65535 and Max65000 parameter values (typical for gauge reading, throttle position engine RPM and etc.) into the more human-friendly percentage format (0-100). Will update here when it's available.

Wow perfect!

Edited by Marcos Paes

15 hours ago, Sierr4 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem 😅 i bind a button to "1" key and in the text editor it's work but DCS doesn't detect my key press.. 

Thank's

How do you setup the action for the key press in Touch Portal? Are you using "virtual key press" or "low level key press"? Advisable to use the latter.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Touch Portal version 3.0 is now freshly out of the oven. Check out its blog below:

New In Release Version 3.0.

- Sliders - Folders - @StreamElements OBS.Live Integration - @Adobe Photoshop Integration - New Updater - Re-Design - Reworked Page Management - EXPORT / IMPORT Values/Flows/Images/Audio/Text - New Icon Packs - Notification Center - Improved auto navigation options And More....

I have yet to upgrade and test DCS-COINS with it... But will do so within the next few days.

For those existing TP users, you will need to uninstall the previous version first in order to install the latest version. Please share your experience here if you decide to do the upgrade before I do. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I lost the track to this post, but for the mother of good, xoomigo you get what I was trying to do.

Are you at the TP discord?

I'm out until Jan 7th, but for sure I will try your pluging and give you my feedback.

Are your pluging able to syncronize the controls if TP is open after the simulation has started?

I have  lot of questions but is better to me wait and try it by myself.

I want to try it as soo  as I return to home, but with the short clip of Marcos it seems to work like a charm, excelent work xoomigo, outstanding!!!!

On 1/1/2022 at 7:39 AM, Marcos Paes said:

Anyone Upgraded it?

Edit:
Just upgraded, seens all is working fine 🙂

Great! Thanks for feedback, Marcos! 😀

Yeah, need to explore the slider for DCS. Please share if you found a use for it.

Hi Kyle,

Yes, I am in the TP Discord channel. Will pm you.

And yes, the plugin will pick up signals from DCS (or rather DCS-BIOS) after the simulation has started.

So far, only the translation libraries for F/A-18C, F-16C and Mosquito have been used/tested. The rest of the aircraft have some generically-translated values with the balance being raw DCS-BIOS values as-is. Will be looking into the UH-1H, Spitfire and AV-8N in the near future - the other aircraft modules that I have.

Cheers!

4 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Cool 👍

Another aircraft what I'm interested is the A10 and comming Apache.

Do you have a github or something like that sharing the code?

I dont have use java or node.js, but if I could help to implement this modules I will

Ah, the A10... me.. having to choose between it and the Apache for ground attack specialty, I have gone with EA for the latter. I don't simply have enough time to spend learning both... high tendency to get distracted with other things along the way.. 😅

Yes, will appreciate your help for the A10 and/or Apache. Note that the aircraft-specific enums for certain parameters are not hard-coded but are instead maintained in a text file aircraftEnums.pp in the acdb folder. So no code changes or recompilation are needed. I can elaborate more if needed sometime after this week after you installed it.

I don't have a GitHub account yet but will  share it with you once I get it setup. I will need it to report issues for the Flightpanel DCS-BIOS Mosquito.

Cheers!