Touch Portal App

Thank you dude!

First I'll install and try it to learn the usability implemented and later will look in to the code to learn about it and how you manage the things inside.

I'm not java or node.js user but will do my best. It's possible that I would start to spam questions to you, so sorry In advance 😅

Well, my first iteration with the DCS-COINS is a success.

I can't update the controls when I jump in to the aircraft, but all the other things work fine. I need to solve this issue.

Here is the two pages what I use with the F18.

If anyone want I could share it.

image.png

Edited by Kyle_Katarn

12 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Well, my first iteration with the DCS-COINS is a success.

I can't update the controls when I jump in to the aircraft, but all the other things work fine. I need to solve this issue.

Here is the two pages what I use with the F18.

If anyone want I could share it.

Cool! Yes, please share them out here. 😀

image.png

What do the map icons here do?

What do you mean by "can't update the controls when I jump in to the aircraft..."? Are you trying to do that by sending key presses via TP to DCS?

Here's a heads-up for those intending to use DCS-COINS with A-10C.

Someone has reported a DCS-COINS issue with the A-10C II Tank Killer module - where events are not triggered to TP. However, it works fine with A-10C Warthog.

I just had a quick look and realized that both the Warthog and Tank Killer are supported in DCS-BIOS via the same A10C lua file. They are identified as "A-10C" and "A-10C_2" respectively. As DCS-COINS was designed to map the aircraft ID to a file bearing its ID value, "A-10C_2" was not recognized as there's no matching lua, json or pp files found.

I will be working on a patch to fix this - after I am done with the UH-1H mapping (currently in progress) during my free time.

Kindly bear with the situation.

1 hour ago, xoomigo said:

Cool! Yes, please share them out here. 😀

image.png

What do the map icons here do?

What do you mean by "can't update the controls when I jump in to the aircraft..."? Are you trying to do that by sending key presses via TP to DCS?

The small map was a button to open a page with the central DDI and some other things but then I get a third thrustmaster mfd so I need to rearrange the pages and this page was deprecated and now is obsolete,  I didnt removed this button because reasons 😅

The big map button open/close the kneeboard

Here's a heads-up for those intending to use DCS-COINS with A-10C.

Someone has reported a DCS-COINS issue with the A-10C II Tank Killer module - where events are not triggered to TP. However, it works fine with A-10C Warthog.

I just had a quick look and realized that both the Warthog and Tank Killer are supported in DCS-BIOS via the same A10C lua file. They are identified as "A-10C" and "A-10C_2" respectively. As DCS-COINS was designed to map the aircraft ID to a file bearing its ID value, "A-10C_2" was not recognized as there's no matching lua, json or pp files found.

I will be working on a patch to fix this - after I am done with the UH-1H mapping (currently in progress) during my free time.

Kindly bear with the situation.

Ok that give some answers about why the frequences and the tacan channel didnt got updated.

Are you using the dcs-flightpanels branch of dcs-bios, right?

A week ago or so the release a couple of new versions. It's recommended to update, because I'm using a version from October/November

5 hours ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Ok that give some answers about why the frequences and the tacan channel didnt got updated.

Are you using the dcs-flightpanels branch of dcs-bios, right?

A week ago or so the release a couple of new versions. It's recommended to update, because I'm using a version from October/November

Yes, the current package is DCS-BIOS_0.7.43a, which should be the same as the one that you have. Did you get any other updates from DCS-COINS on your A-10C II? It shouldn't have work for any parameters at all.

Just found out the latest version 0.7.44 had just been release about a week ago. Will have to incorporate the additions/updates in the next DCS-COINS release.

Here I have attached the two pages and the iconpack I'm using.

If anyone find something broke, give me a shout.

All the buttons have a keystroke that need to be mapped in DCS

F18_TouchPortal_Kyle_Katarn.rar

9 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

Yes, the current package is DCS-BIOS_0.7.43a, which should be the same as the one that you have. Did you get any other updates from DCS-COINS on your A-10C II? It shouldn't have work for any parameters at all.

Just found out the latest version 0.7.44 had just been release about a week ago. Will have to incorporate the additions/updates in the next DCS-COINS release.

Not really. I saw that the A10 has available the plugin dynamic text variables and F18 not, but I go forward with the F18 pages, I'm going to spend some time on A10 right now.

In the F18 I saw that some events supossed to return ON/OFF and return 0/1, I could review it and list it so you can find it faster if you want.

Edited by Kyle_Katarn

An important note for those using DCS-COINS to build their custom pages using TP v2.x. PLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE TO TP v3.x for the time being until the next DCS-COINS release.

There appear to be a change to TP's handling of certain object or attributes which are causing issues with the plugin. Kyle_Katarn has discovered the issue with the F/A-18C. I have narrowed it down to parameters with text displays - when you try to assign a F/A-18C parameter value to a TP value, the drop-down list of the F/A-18C parameters will not show.

I am still working on a solution....

5 minutes ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Here I have attached the two pages and the iconpack I'm using.

If anyone find something broke, give me a shout.

All the buttons have a keystroke that need to be mapped in DCS

F18_TouchPortal_Kyle_Katarn.rar 4.86 MB · 0 downloads

Not really. I saw that the A10 has available the plugin dynamic text variables and F18 not, but I go forward with the F18 pages, I'm going to spend some time on A10 right now.

In the F18 I saw that some events supossed to return ON/OFF and return 0/1, I could review it and list it so you can find it faster if you want.

Ah, yes. That will help. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

An important note for those using DCS-COINS to build their custom pages using TP v2.x. PLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE TO TP v3.x for the time being until the next DCS-COINS release.

There appear to be a change to TP's handling of certain object or attributes which are causing issues with the plugin. Kyle_Katarn has discovered the issue with the F/A-18C. I have narrowed it down to parameters with text displays - when you try to assign a F/A-18C parameter value to a TP value, the drop-down list of the F/A-18C parameters will not show.

I am still working on a solution....

Ah, yes. That will help. Thank you.

Ok then, I'm goin to rollack to version 2.x.

Starting with the A10 I have seen that DCS-COINS in vervose mode return to me this

Captura.PNG

I'm goin to reinstall TP and later attack this issue, I think that creating again the file could solve it

Well, This is the list of issues I have found in the F18, sure that some of them are from my side but here they are:

The Trouchlight linked to the mouse cursor, this event I cant get it working

image.pngç

The ALR-67 modes are reporting from 0 to 4, maybe is more user friendly to report N I A U F

RWR mode OFFSET: It have the green light status and the pushbutton status, but not the Enabled status (like the RWR-Display button)

image.png

Dispenser switch is reporting 0 to 2 instead of Bypass/On/Off

image.png

EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_ROTATE is reporting 0 to 2 instead of other kind of literal. I really don't know what means each status but could be something like VERTICAL/HORIZONTAL/ etc etc. What do you think?

image.png

Radar switch is reporting from 0 to 3 instead OFF/STBY/ etc etc

Aside Note: If you see in the controls list of DCS, there is only the posibility to bind a keystroke or button to the CW rotation of the switch, when you reach the milestone in the development of send commands to DCS-BIOS we could send the CCW command to this switch which will make things more easy

image.png

BAttery swhitch is reporting from 0 to 2 instead of ORIDE/OFF/ON

image.png

And this is what I have found that could be changed IMHO, not bad or good just maybe need a second thingking about

31 minutes ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Ok then, I'm goin to rollack to version 2.x.

Starting with the A10 I have seen that DCS-COINS in vervose mode return to me this

Captura.PNG

I'm goin to reinstall TP and later attack this issue, I think that creating again the file could solve it

Kyle, the result is expected. Current DCS-COINS does not recognize "A-10C_2" as a valid aircraft. This is not a TP issue. So downgrading to TP v2.x will not get you a different result.

1 minute ago, Kyle_Katarn said:

Well, This is the list of issues I have found in the F18, sure that some of them are from my side but here they are:

The Trouchlight linked to the mouse cursor, this event I cant get it working

image.pngç

The ALR-67 modes are reporting from 0 to 4, maybe is more user friendly to report N I A U F

RWR mode OFFSET: It have the green light status and the pushbutton status, but not the Enabled status (like the RWR-Display button)

image.png

Dispenser switch is reporting 0 to 2 instead of Bypass/On/Off

image.png

EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_ROTATE is reporting 0 to 2 instead of other kind of literal. I really don't know what means each status but could be something like VERTICAL/HORIZONTAL/ etc etc. What do you think?

image.png

Radar switch is reporting from 0 to 3 instead OFF/STBY/ etc etc

Aside Note: If you see in the controls list of DCS, there is only the posibility to bind a keystroke or button to the CW rotation of the switch, when you reach the milestone in the development of send commands to DCS-BIOS we could send the CCW command to this switch which will make things more easy

image.png

BAttery swhitch is reporting from 0 to 2 instead of ORIDE/OFF/ON

image.png

And this is what I have found that could be changed IMHO, not bad or good just maybe need a second thingking about

Admittingly, not all the F/A-18C or F-16C values were translated to user-friendly forms. I have the Mosquito done more comprehensively, and just finished the UH-1H. Will rework the first two aircraft after all the current dust has settled. 😅

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, xoomigo said:

Kyle, the result is expected. Current DCS-COINS does not recognize "A-10C_2" as a valid aircraft. This is not a TP issue. So downgrading to TP v2.x will not get you a different result.

But the downgrade allowed me to use all the values related to the F18 that I couldn't use with the 3.X, so I'm going to keep this version until we could find what is breaking this list.

I prefer to use all the features of your plugin than all the new features of TP at this point.

Xoomigo,…I said it before but I will say it again. Your COIN tool is amazing! It works fast, reliable and is intuitive.
Everytime I create a new profile for one of my aircraft I’m astonished by the possibilities….and I am sure there are possibilities that I haven’t even explored yet. I believe that your tool more than doubles the possiblities in Touch Portal with DCS.
Perhaps the Touch Portal-company is interested in supporting your tool as well?

i found a UFC page for portal touch use "${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_scratchpad_string_1_display}${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_scratchpad_string_2_display}     ${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_scratchpad_number_display}"

Where i can found more information for this value ??? i need to try export a DDI in portal touch

On 1/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, PHMAC said:

Xoomigo,…I said it before but I will say it again. Your COIN tool is amazing! It works fast, reliable and is intuitive.
Everytime I create a new profile for one of my aircraft I’m astonished by the possibilities….and I am sure there are possibilities that I haven’t even explored yet. I believe that your tool more than doubles the possiblities in Touch Portal with DCS.
Perhaps the Touch Portal-company is interested in supporting your tool as well?

Hi PHMAC, thanks for the kind words. I am glad to know that there are happy and satisfied DCS-COINS user. 😊

Touch Portal's strategy from the start is to have independent developers to build plugins and assets to complement and value-add its product. Don't think they will change that anytime soon.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, Sierr4 said:

i found a UFC page for portal touch use "${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_scratchpad_string_1_display}${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_scratchpad_string_2_display}     ${value:mgdc_fa-18c_hornet_st_ufc_scratchpad_number_display}"

Where i can found more information for this value ??? i need to try export a DDI in portal touch

Sierr4, I have replied you in the download site. Am curious. Why do you need a complete list of the display values? After all, they are just returning values for text display.

• Like 1

Dear DCS-COINS users,

I have just released the following update:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319022/

2022-01-15: Support for A-10C II, FC3 aircraft, FC3-compatible mods, Hornet variants, CW Spitfire and others sharing DCS-BIOS lua/json files. Repacked with DCS-BIOS 0.7.44. Reverted to original DCS-BIOS file naming scheme (Mosquito-related files). User-friendly values for UH-1H for switches and knobs.

Regarding TP v3.x, I have no success figuring out why only certain F/A-18C text parameters are incompatible with it (for the drop-down editing option). Hoping that the next TP release will fix the issue. Until then, advisable to stay with TP v2.x for those building pages for the F/A-18C. No idea whether other aircraft modules are similarly impacted.

Cheers!

39 minutes ago, xoomigo said:

Hi PHMAC, thanks for the kind words. I am glad to know that there are happy and satisfied DCS-COINS user. 😊

Touch Portal's strategy from the start is to have independent developers to build plugins and assets to complement and value-add its product. Don't think they will change that anytime soon.

Sierr4, I have replied you in the download site. Am curious. Why do you need a complete list of the display values? After all, they are just returning values for text display.

Because i need to read other display values but i'm noob on this 😅
image.png
It's my portal touch page for UFC.. i found this somewhere on internet.. But i want read another values.. Fuel flow for exemple.. you have Discord ? is more easly..
Add me pls : [VFA-12] Sierr4#6183

8 hours ago, Sierr4 said:

Because i need to read other display values but i'm noob on this 😅
image.png
It's my portal touch page for UFC.. i found this somewhere on internet.. But i want read another values.. Fuel flow for exemple.. you have Discord ? is more easly..
Add me pls : [VFA-12] Sierr4#6183

TBH, I am a noob myself.😅  I have not worked with most of the Hornet's parameters at this point in time. There are others here who are more familiar with it than I am.

Anyway for my 2-cents, I just had a quick look - I can't find anything resembling fuel flow. If DCS-BIOS does not have it, DCS-COINS will not have it. From what I understand, DCS-BIOS scope of parameters is limited to only what you get from the DCS aircraft cockpit. If not accessible with the DCS module itself, it won't be available in DCS-BIOS/DCS-COINS.

Yes, what you got is the work of Marcos Paes, who had posted his page on the previous page of this thread.

Check out the attachment in his post - it may be an updated version of what you got. it appears to have fuel indicators on the top right on the page - above the Bingo fuel. Perhaps that's what you are looking for?

On 1/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, xoomigo said:

Dear DCS-COINS users,

I have just released the following update:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319022/

2022-01-15: Support for A-10C II, FC3 aircraft, FC3-compatible mods, Hornet variants, CW Spitfire and others sharing DCS-BIOS lua/json files. Repacked with DCS-BIOS 0.7.44. Reverted to original DCS-BIOS file naming scheme (Mosquito-related files). User-friendly values for UH-1H for switches and knobs.

Regarding TP v3.x, I have no success figuring out why only certain F/A-18C text parameters are incompatible with it (for the drop-down editing option). Hoping that the next TP release will fix the issue. Until then, advisable to stay with TP v2.x for those building pages for the F/A-18C. No idea whether other aircraft modules are similarly impacted.

Cheers!

I'm advancing in the A10 pages with the new version of DCS-COINS, but I'm missing a couple of things, not the most important but...

The TACAN channel is reported as a single string, Could you add a tens variable and a units variable, without the X/Y channel?

As you can see in the next image, al bottom left I have the TACAN channel selector one for the tens and one for the units, but DCS BIOS only report the full TACAN.

image.png

Next to TACAN it's the ILS freq selector. DCS BIOS can report Khz and Mhz but you are reporting the full freq, Could you add the separated channel as DCS BIOS report?

Other missing things are the preset channels of three radios and the freq selector of the FM and AM are reporting the degrees of rotation of the rotary selector, wierd thign of DCS BIOS.

I you could to the calculation to report the correct number would be amazing, because I was traying to calcylate it working with TP values, but this is a very limited feature and I can't achieve it.

image.png

In the other hand I was living without the live channel and freq selector for each radio showing their numbers in the TP app so If you can`t improve this subject, COINS will continue being a great piece of software. You could be proud 🤙

Edited by Kyle_Katarn

Kyle,

Reporting a DCS-BIOS parameter/value as 2 parameters with different formats is doable - but it requires a major review of the design. Let's park this for now until DCS-COINS version 2.0 is released.

As for making the parameter values more human-friendly? Yes, you can help. Here's how - using the F/A-18C "DISPENSER Switch, BYPASS/ON/OFF" parameter (that you have highlighted earlier) as an example.

1. Open up the aircraft pp file (FA-18C_hornet.pp) in the installation folder ...\DCS-COINS\acdb - using a text editor such as Notepad++.

2. Search for the string name of the parameter ("DISPENSER Switch, BYPASS/ON/OFF"). And it should give you a match. Take note of the values highlighted in red outline.
nullimage.png

3. The aircraft pp record structure is as follows. The fields are delimited with the pipe '|' character.
  • DCS-BIOS Param Name
  • TP Param Name
  • DCS-BIOS Param Description
  • Value Type
  • Default Value
4. Open up the aircraftEnums.pp file in same acdb folder as the aircraft pp file using a text editor.

5. The aircraftEnums.pp file record structure is as below using the same '|' field delimiter.
  • Enum Name
    • Make sure it is unique within the file.
    • Naming convention is either 1) good self-explanatory name (eg. ADFBand, ModeDial), or 2) combination of the Enum values without spaces with the first character of the word capitalized such as BypassOnOff (which I am using here).
  • Enum Value Set (Each value is delimited by the tilde ('~') character. The sequence of values is important as the first is equated to 0, the second to 1, the third to 2, and so on.)
  • Aircraft Module: DCS-BIOS Name

6. Add the following to the end of aircraftEnums.pp and save the file.
nullimage.png

7. Next, is to map the new Enum name to the aircraft parameter. Go back to FA-18C_hornet.pp file and replace "UpTo2" with "BypassOnOff", and "0" with "BYPASS" for the record concerned and save the file.
nullimage.png

8. Run the DCS-COINS_Setup.exe to regenerate the Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp.

9. Uninstall DCS-COINS plugin from TP.

10. Exit TP.

11. Load TP and then install the DCS-COINS using the newly-generated Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp.

12. You may need to exit TP and reload TP again to get the plugin working properly - to see the new human-friendly values listed for the parameter concerned.

Will be banking on you to make the A-10C parameter values more human-friendly. Please send me your aircraftEnums.pp and A-10C.pp file when it's done - so that I can include it in the next DCS-COINS update. 😁

Others are also welcomed to contribute in the same manner for other aircraft. 😎

Cheers! 

Edited by xoomigo
  • Like 1

Dear DCS-COINS users,

Here's a teaser on what to expect from DCS-COINS version 2.

image.png

Yes, an end to those tiring key bindings work! The above is POC (Proof-of-Concept) result where DCS-COINS is able to issue a command to DCS-BIOS to work an aircraft control.

When will it be ready? 2 weeks... 😂😂😂

Will target it to be released in time for the Apache. Not keen of keying binding hundreds of Apache parameters (expect at least 500-800). 😅

Stay tuned here.

• Like 1

Kyle,

Reporting a DCS-BIOS parameter/value as 2 parameters with different formats is doable - but it requires a major review of the design. Let's park this for now until DCS-COINS version 2.0 is released.

As for making the parameter values more human-friendly? Yes, you can help. Here's how - using the F/A-18C "DISPENSER Switch, BYPASS/ON/OFF" parameter (that you have highlighted earlier) as an example.

1. Open up the aircraft pp file (FA-18C_hornet.pp) in the installation folder ...\DCS-COINS\acdb - using a text editor such as Notepad++.

2. Search for the string name of the parameter ("DISPENSER Switch, BYPASS/ON/OFF"). And it should give you a match. Take note of the values highlighted in red outline.
nullimage.png

3. The aircraft pp record structure is as follows. The fields are delimited with the pipe '|' character.
  • DCS-BIOS Param Name
  • TP Param Name
  • DCS-BIOS Param Description
  • Value Type
  • Default Value
4. Open up the aircraftEnums.pp file in same acdb folder as the aircraft pp file using a text editor.

5. The aircraftEnums.pp file record structure is as below using the same '|' field delimiter.
  • Enum Name
    • Make sure it is unique within the file.
    • Naming convention is either 1) good self-explanatory name (eg. ADFBand, ModeDial), or 2) combination of the Enum values without spaces with the first character of the word capitalized such as BypassOnOff (which I am using here).
  • Enum Value Set (Each value is delimited by the tilde ('~') character. The sequence of values is important as the first is equated to 0, the second to 1, the third to 2, and so on.)
  • Aircraft Module: DCS-BIOS Name

6. Add the following to the end of aircraftEnums.pp and save the file.
nullimage.png

7. Next, is to map the new Enum name to the aircraft parameter. Go back to FA-18C_hornet.pp file and replace "UpTo2" with "BypassOnOff", and "0" with "BYPASS" for the record concerned and save the file.
nullimage.png

8. Run the DCS-COINS_Setup.exe to regenerate the Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp.

9. Uninstall DCS-COINS plugin from TP.

10. Exit TP.

11. Load TP and then install the DCS-COINS using the newly-generated Munt.G_DCS-COINS.tpp.

12. You may need to exit TP and reload TP again to get the plugin working properly - to see the new human-friendly values listed for the parameter concerned.

Will be banking on you to make the A-10C parameter values more human-friendly. Please send me your aircraftEnums.pp and A-10C.pp file when it's done - so that I can include it in the next DCS-COINS update. 😁

Others are also welcomed to contribute in the same manner for other aircraft. 😎

Cheers! 

I'm going for it dude!!!

Dear DCS-COINS users,

Here's a teaser on what to expect from DCS-COINS version 2.

image.png

Yes, an end to those tiring key bindings work! The above is POC (Proof-of-Concept) result where DCS-COINS is able to issue a command to DCS-BIOS to work an aircraft control.

When will it be ready? 2 weeks... 😂😂😂

Will target it to be released in time for the Apache. Not keen of keying binding hundreds of Apache parameters (expect at least 500-800). 😅

Stay tuned here.

yes-baby.gif

P.S.: I love this kid 🤣

• Like 1